• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

Uraizen

Banned
Buy fewer arcade machines? I can't imagine anyone in Japan wants to rock the boat on arcades too much considering that its probably the only market in the world.

Hmm... I'll just stop pussyfooting around and get to the point.

Fuck Japanese arcades for making the western market wait for updates.

Much better.

hao chi

Region locking sucks, but I'd be okay if they just released a NA-locked disc version instead of making us constantly be on an outdated version.

Uraizen

Banned
Well at least you don't have to wait 2 years for an update.

What game is this?

Tekken Tag 2 gets to be at CEO and BB doesn't. I can't wrap my head around it.

Oh, good thing I'm too lazy to go like every other year.

Region locking sucks, but I'd be okay if they just released a NA-locked disc version instead of making us constantly be on an outdated version.

The only time I would be in favor of region locking.

Rhapsody

Banned
BBCP was like the first time ever where its release schedule lined up perfectly for Evo. The only bad part was having 1.1 available only for arcades and Vita, but luckily the console patch didn't take too long. Tournament scene is going to keep getting screwed over if BB goes back to summer releases again.

Uraizen

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwSwA06Npn4

You don't get the console version until the new arcade version is 1 month out, then you wait another 2 years. If you are lucky they will sell you some DLC with the new stuff, maybe, it will be horribly unbalanced if they do it too. Good times.

Didn't even know this game existed on console.

Does that one count if we only get the second version of each release? Tekken 6 BR = Tekken 6 Console, Tekken Tag 2 Unlimited = TTT2 Console, etc.

Onemic

Didn't even know this game existed on console.

Does that one count if we only get the second version of each release? Tekken 6 BR = Tekken 6 Console, Tekken Tag 2 Unlimited = TTT2 Console, etc.

Yup, because at the end of the day you had to wait 2 years from when T6 first released in arcades to play it on consoles.

Is there any difference between the version of Awakening The Chaos they gave Lambda and the one you can buy in the gallery? I can't really tell, but I could just be deaf.

I want to make a series of video tutorials about how to get into fighting games. Below is a rough draft of what I'm thinking of putting together. I just started it an hour ago, so it has a ton of gaps. I'm hoping folks here will give me feedback on the structure, as well as subjects that should be included, so that it can be a more full presentation for those wanting to learn. Even the main categories aren't set in stone, but it's how I think of things - maybe someone here will have a better breakdown.

I. Mechanics
a. Attacks​
i. Hitboxes
ii. Hurtboxes
iii. Priority
iv. Invincibility
v. Clashing​
b. Frame Data​
i. Frame Rates
ii. Frame Advantage
iii. Frame Disadvantage
iv. Safe Moves
v. Unsafe Moves​
c. Resource Management​
i. Meter
ii. Bursts
iii. Health
iv. Timer​
II. Psychology
a. Neutral​
i. Spacing
ii. Pokes
iii. Openings
iv. Rushing
v. Predictability​
b. Offense​
i. Frame Traps
ii. Option Selects
iii. Mixups​
1. Overheads
2. Lows
3. Grabs
4. Tick Throws​
iv. Predictability​
c. Defense​
i. Predictability​
III. Execution
a. Controllers
b. Pressure
c. Combos
d. Muscle Memory vs. Visual vs. Audio Cues
e. Pressing Buttons With Intention​
IV. Playing and Learning
a. Picking a Game
b. Picking a Character​
i. Watch Videos​
c. Forums
d. Videos
e. Feedback​
i. Be Critical​
f. Playing Matches​
i. Locals
ii. Online Play​
g. Training Mode​
i. Have Goals​

thundr51

Thinking of buying this but haven't seen any Bullets online/in streams? How bad is it? Glad to see everyone is finally seeing Izzy's strength! I've heard she's better now but...is the execution barrier still there?

Uraizen

Banned
Thinking of buying this but haven't seen any Bullets online/in streams? How bad is it? Glad to see everyone is finally seeing Izzy's strength! I've heard she's better now but...is the execution barrier still there?

Bullet is better, check youtube for footage of her.

https://www.youtube.com/user/DoaGHThaDOJO/videos

That and the a-cho channels upload tons.

Izzy is a hell of a lot easier and undoubtedly one of the reasons she shot up on the tier lists.

EDIT: Here ya go, about 20 min of Bullet beating the snot out of Terumi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU_2aAnbgE4

Isotope

Izayoi is a lot of fun in Extend, so I think I'll stick with her now going forward with the game. :> Any good Izayoi peeps on Youtube (Or other places) to check out to learn combos and all that jazz?

So I'm lazy as hell and only watch stuff regarding my characters. Is Tao's new j236B legit as a neutral tool now? It wall bounces on hit and I was taking 4k+ every time I was bad enough to get counter hit. I kept clashing when I tried to AA as well, so outside of trying to run under it I'm having trouble finding ways around it.

shaowebb

Bullet is better, check youtube for footage of her.

https://www.youtube.com/user/DoaGHThaDOJO/videos

That and the a-cho channels upload tons.

Izzy is a hell of a lot easier and undoubtedly one of the reasons she shot up on the tier lists.

EDIT: Here ya go, about 20 min of Bullet beating the snot out of Terumi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU_2aAnbgE4

Uhhhhhhhh...that was more like 20 minutes of Terumi beating the snot out of Bullet :(

But on the plus side that guy's channel has japan playing TVC! Hurray! I just saw a Polymar/Chun team :)

cj_iwakura

Should we even bother with a new thread for Extend? Seems like we're not really branching out from the core, and the FGC sure isn't helping.
(I think I care about that less and less as time goes on.)

RoeBear

Should we even bother with a new thread for Extend? Seems like we're not really branching out from the core, and the FGC sure isn't helping.
(I think I care about that less and less as time goes on.)
Definitely not for the import. I'm barely putting time into this with all the other games out. Plus I bet a lot of people will skip this one.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/05/2...es-creator-wants-siliconera-readers-feedback/ VanillaCakeIsBurning posted this in the FGW thread and I was curious what you guys think. As a Marvel player I'm all for busted ass 2v2 or 3v3 Blazblue, but ASW would find some way to make a game even more kusoge than Marvel 3, so I'd be cool with Tekken Tag style as well.

Uhhhhhhhh...that was more like 20 minutes of Terumi beating the snot out of Bullet :(

If you're looking for some high level (well, high level might be strong, not enough people play her for that) CP2 Bullet stuff, check out Kurenai. I haven't seen too much of his stuff out there, but when I look for matches to take notes from I've gotten more out of his than other Bullets I've watched. I'm one of those moronic people who preferred CP1 Bullet, but he makes her look pretty legit.

Rhapsody

Banned
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/05/2...es-creator-wants-siliconera-readers-feedback/ VanillaCakeIsBurning posted this in the FGW thread and I was curious what you guys think. As a Marvel player I'm all for busted ass 2v2 or 3v3 Blazblue, but ASW would find some way to make a game even more kusoge than Marvel 3, so I'd be cool with Tekken Tag style as well.

If you're looking for some high level (well, high level might be strong, not enough people play her for that) CP2 Bullet stuff, check out Kurenai. I haven't seen too much of his stuff out there, but when I look for matches to take notes from I've gotten more out of his than other Bullets I've watched. I'm one of those moronic people who preferred CP1 Bullet, but he makes her look pretty legit.
I'd be fine with Marvel if they really wanted to do that, but I'd prefer something that's like Tag or KoF 2003 to XI.

Edit: Actually maybe I wouldn't have any real preference between the two.

Keasar

I would be excited for a new edition of Blazblue as it is still one of my all-time favorite fighting games if I wasn't honestly kinda mad at ArcSys for releasing Guilty Gear Xrd too late in Europe, digital only, announce a new edition before it is even out here and then most likely get pissed and wonder why nobody in Europe buys their game.

Hopefully they take some kind of lesson to heart but I doubt it.

Still want a new edition of Blazblue, just gonna have to import it as usual. :(

cj_iwakura

Really don't like the idea. A KOF XIII-type optional thing where it barely changes the flow of the game, sure, but tag-in/tag-out? No way.

Rhapsody

Banned
If they're going to add 2v2 or 3v3, I would like a revamp. It'd be a waste of an opportunity if they'd just do it Pokemon/old KoF style.
It doesn't add anything fresh, just adds more matchups to learn without anything fun.

Uraizen

Banned
If they're going to add 2v2 or 3v3, I would like a revamp. It'd be a waste of an opportunity if they'd just do it Pokemon/old KoF style.
It doesn't add anything fresh, just adds more matchups to learn without anything fun.

Normally I would agree, but I actually like this game. So I would prefer KoFXIII style teams.

RoeBear

Awe boo I guess I just missed you.

nope still on in a room with burrito. Will remake and invite. Uhh what's your psn?

GGs Burrito. I need so much practice with this version. It should be obvious my temper is crazy right now. Bursting early, mashing, etc. Low calories makes me super buttholish :/

Anne

nope still on in a room with burrito. Will remake and invite. Uhh what's your psn?

GGs Burrito. I need so much practice with this version. It should be obvious my temper is crazy right now. Bursting early, mashing, etc. Low calories makes me super buttholish :/

Ah I assumed I missed you and went to take care of stuff, my bad :x

Add AnneIFrank for future stuff

If there is any more proof I need a new PSN ID, it's that I'm now known as Burrito. ;-;

But yeah, ggs. I thought you were doing fine, really. The mashing always worked, so I didn't have a problem with it. People who tech downwards in the air always ruin my day in ArcSys games. Bang is the only character I feel comfortable playing atm. I straight up forgot how to play Makoto, and both my Hazama and Kagura are Day -1 so far. I'm just glad people still play P4AU so I can remember I'm good once in a while. >_>

RoeBear

Ah I assumed I missed you and went to take care of stuff, my bad :x

Add AnneIFrank for future stuff
Oh lol didn't know you did a GAF name change. awesome.
If there is any more proof I need a new PSN ID, it's that I'm now known as Burrito. ;-;

But yeah, ggs. I thought you were doing fine, really. The mashing always worked, so I didn't have a problem with it. People who tech downwards in the air always ruin my day in ArcSys games. Bang is the only character I feel comfortable playing atm. I straight up forgot how to play Makoto, and both my Hazama and Kagura are Day -1 so far. I'm just glad people still play P4AU so I can remember I'm good once in a while. >_>
Yeah your Bang and my Carl are our best characters atm. Relius hopefully will fall into place for me once I watch more matches with him. I haven't had a ton of free time lately so this is the only fighting game I'm putting any effort into. Still have a pretty much played 30 min of GGXrd, and a few hours of P4U2.

I just wish your damn Carl would sit still once in a while, lol. I spent an hour yesterday learning FRKZ stuff and wanted to try it out but I could never keep you grounded enough to get a solid hit.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Has any of you with copies of Extend tried any of the new SP content? What is it really? Or is it largely the same? Kaguya comes unlocked from the beginning, right?

Top Bottom