• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

New Bang feels fantastic. Being able to jD out of any confirm makes things so much easier. With that and the new web nail you really have to try not to get 4 seals now.

The 5A-2B gatling also gave him a ton of new goofy combo paths. I've been practicing double side switch combos in the corner.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
That's how BBCP was for me on PS3. It didn't fully fit my screen.

I should try that on the monitor I'm currently using and see what happens. Didn't have it when CP came out. But CP Extend and Hotline Miami 1 on PS4 are the only games that this happens with and I see the border showing up in preview videos, so I doubt that the monitor is the reason why.

Lyte Edge

Just noticed something I else need to try- The PS4 has a Display Area setting under the Sound and Screen options menu. This setting allows you to manually-scale the picture for certain applications. Maybe this is why I'm getting that border. Would be awesome if this works!

Lyte Edge

It was indeed the PS4's internal scaler that was making the border appear. Now the game is full-screen, although it looks slightly blurrier this way. I guess this isn't a true 1080P game, which makes sense...BB has always been 720P, IIRC.

Tried online and nobody wanted to play with me. I guess my connection was scaring them off. Managed to play one match against a Japanese player. It was OK. I had much better luck with the Japanese Calamity Trigger on the 360 back in 2009 in comparison. But I have a way to make my connection better and will try again that way.

cj_iwakura

I'm guessing this is all from the JP version. Aksys' is still a few months away?

Wonder how bad Tsubaki's nerf beating is this time.

Yeah, JP. US version comes out 6/30, I think. If I remember correctly from Goro's and Dora's tierlists, Tsubaki was pretty firmly in the middle. I think the only characters unanimously bottom on both were Terumi and Amane.

c-murph

I've been out of the Blazblue loop for awhile now. Still have my Chrono Phantasma LE sealed on my shelf... of course there's an Extend.

Any word on Jubei?

Also, Any one see the anime and can comment how good it is? Does it follow the story of the games?

I have a question for anyone who played Hazama in CP or is going to in CPEX. How important is it to know the 2A/5A > 5C > 3C > 214D~66B > 66 5A etc. string? I've always been interested and I can do pretty much everything else of his consistently, but that combo, especially online, has always eluded me. Could I still play him at a decent level without having that down, or is it considered an integral thing to know?

Uraizen

Banned
I have a question for anyone who played Hazama in CP or is going to in CPEX. How important is it to know the 2A/5A > 5C > 3C > 214D~66B > 66 5A etc. string? I've always been interested and I can do pretty much everything else of his consistently, but that combo, especially online, has always eluded me. Could I still play him at a decent level without having that down, or is it considered an integral thing to know?

Pretty important if you want the best meterless mid-screen damage. It's awkwardly easy to do offline. Just do the dash input quickly before you think you need to and press 5A, it's as if he'll just magically slide. Don't go by look, go by feel.

Rhapsody

Banned

Like Uraizen said, pretty important. Also make sure you have all of his drive movements down in neutral. Too many new Hazama players forget that pressing D a second time before it fully extends gives him a lot more options that's hard for the opponent to predict.

Like Uraizen said, pretty important. Also make sure you have all of his drive movements down in neutral. Too many new Hazama players forget that pressing D a second time before it fully extends gives him a lot more options that's hard for the opponent to predict.

Yeah, honestly what made me want to play with him was screwing around with his drive positioning. Looked like a lot of fun. I'll fool around with it a bit more and see if it becomes second nature. Is the timing drastically different for big/small characters or is it more or less cast consistent?

If he doesn't work out I guess I'll just fool around with Nu for my full-screen character. I miss CP1 Nu already.

cj_iwakura

I've been out of the Blazblue loop for awhile now. Still have my Chrono Phantasma LE sealed on my shelf... of course there's an Extend.

Any word on Jubei?

I asked Mori personally at EVO. He laughed and said it wasn't likely. He's too small.

Mori's very nice, though. I said make him like Yoda and he laughed.

Rhapsody

Banned
Yeah, honestly what made me want to play with him was screwing around with his drive positioning. Looked like a lot of fun. I'll fool around with it a bit more and see if it becomes second nature. Is the timing drastically different for big/small characters or is it more or less cast consistent?

If he doesn't work out I guess I'll just fool around with Nu for my full-screen character. I miss CP1 Nu already.

I don't remember having to readjust on different sized characters. I haven't fought the whole cast with Hazama back in BBCP, but all the stuff seemed universal from what I remember.

Uraizen

Banned

Nah, it's not character specific, I've never had to adjust my timing.

Uraizen

Banned
So how good is Izayoi?

P7cklO2.gif

RoeBear

Anyone down to play some matches for the next hour or so? I'm tired of being in practice mode...

Also I'm asking for BBCPEX in case anyone was unsure.

hao chi

So is anyone doing any major changes to their character rotation in Extend? Bang and Makoto both got better (considerably in Mak's case) so I'm sticking with them, but I'm probably going to drop Bullet for V-13 seeing as Bullet's hard knockdown on her drives was pretty much the sole reason I played her. Hopefully Azrael didn't change too much, he was fun in an "I don't feel like thinking this match" way.

I'm dropping Litchi for Izayoi. I think I'm okay with Litchi's changes, but Izayoi has always seemed really fun to me, so I figure now is a good time to try learning her.

I asked Mori personally at EVO. He laughed and said it wasn't likely. He's too small.

Mori's very nice, though. I said make him like Yoda and he laughed.
Ask him about Nine for me this year.

Then link him to a gameplay video of Dormammu and say "yeah, she should play like this". K? :)

Rhapsody

Banned
Izayoi was actually pretty good in 1.1 too. It's just that no one really put in the work besides SKD.

She headed towards the more straight forward side in 2.0 though.

Edit: Honestly she mostly received more attention because Japan says that she's good now

hao chi

I don't really care that Izayoi is better now. She was already my sub in vanilla, and I've been considering trying her out as a main for quite a while. Some of Litchi's changes, while fair, make her seem less fun to play to me, so now seemed like a good time to actually try out Izayoi as a main.

cj_iwakura

Pfft, imitators to the Yayoi crown. The Izayoi is just a tool, and a tool is nothing without spirit.
I don't expect anyone to get that reference.

No BB at CEO. :( Guess I'm not going.

Do Aksys just go out of their way to poorly time BB releases or what?

Uraizen

Banned
Pfft, imitators to the Yayoi crown. The Izayoi is just a tool, and a tool is nothing without spirit.
I don't expect anyone to get that reference.

No BB at CEO. :( Guess I'm not going.

Do Aksys just go out of their way to poorly time BB releases or what?

ArcSys are the cocks here. It takes them too god damned long to release an update. I have no idea what happened to the release dates, though. I want to know what happened to the localization times, too.

CT was 1 week apart, CS was a month, CP was... it doesn't even matter

cj_iwakura

ArcSys are the cocks here. It takes them too god damned long to release an update. I have no idea what happened to the release dates, though. I want to know what happened to the localization times, too.

CT was 1 week apart, CS was a month, CP was... it doesn't even matter

I think it has a lot to do with Aksys outsourcing their localizations.

Top Bottom