• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

NEO0MJ

It's funny how Rachel was the only one of the original top characters in CT to fall badly in the tier list, even though she seemed the most complex among them to me at the time.

So is anyone doing any major changes to their character rotation in Extend? Bang and Makoto both got better (considerably in Mak's case) so I'm sticking with them, but I'm probably going to drop Bullet for V-13 seeing as Bullet's hard knockdown on her drives was pretty much the sole reason I played her. Hopefully Azrael didn't change too much, he was fun in an "I don't feel like thinking this match" way.

Rhapsody

Banned
I'll try to use Rachel a bit at the start. I'm not going to be doing any major rotations since the characters I'm falling back on are characters I've used in CP, like Ragna and Kokonoe.

Uraizen

Banned
So is anyone doing any major changes to their character rotation in Extend? Bang and Makoto both got better (considerably in Mak's case) so I'm sticking with them, but I'm probably going to drop Bullet for V-13 seeing as Bullet's hard knockdown on her drives was pretty much the sole reason I played her. Hopefully Azrael didn't change too much, he was fun in an "I don't feel like thinking this match" way.

I might pick Hazama back up again and drop Terumi. That's about it, I'm sticking with Izzy.

cj_iwakura

It never gets any easier for Tsubaki, so no reason to give up now.

cj_iwakura

I hope there's an arcade OP, because I'm not a fan of that one at all. They just keep getting more generic. It's all been downhill since CT.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
On a single player standpoint, what's being added to this game? Is it the earlier game's Vita content in this too?
Extra story paths for Kokonoe, Bullet, and some light novel characters. Yeah, I'm skipping this one.

Rhapsody

Banned
You get the DLC free if you pre-order digitally. Okay, now that is a first for extend.

What are you hype for? I don't even know, lol.

Regarding fighters? Absolutely nothing lol. I'm having fun playing old games again while waiting for SFV and whatever new KoF there is.

Other than that, I'm on that single player backlog.

Uraizen

Banned
Regarding fighters? Absolutely nothing lol. I'm having fun playing old games again while waiting for SFV and whatever new KoF there is.

Other than that, I'm on that single player backlog.

The latest Yatagarasu blog post said they finished the core game and are working on adding features. They said they want to release it ASAP and add features as they go along now. So there's that at least, y'know? It's a pretty good game.

Rhapsody

Banned
The latest Yatagarasu blog post said they finished the core game and are working on adding features. They said they want to release it ASAP and add features as they go along now. So there's that at least, y'know? It's a pretty good game.
Oh, cool. I really liked what I played, so I guess I'll be looking forward to that.

pre-order set because apparently i didn't do it properly last week

i have no idea what's different about this version of the game besides the two character additions

is there a chance my color is back in the game?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Does anybody really care about CP Extend? Kind of tempted to get it on PS4 but am wondering if nobody's really going to be bothering with it.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I prefer BB over GG so I'm getting it when it comes out, plus I only have my ps4 anyways so I need it on that system and this is the only way to get it there :p

Uraizen

Banned
Does anybody really care about CP Extend? Kind of tempted to get it on PS4 but am wondering if nobody's really going to be bothering with it.

I'm waiting for my PS4 copy to be shipped. I'm just not posting here because I usually see whining every time this gets bumped.

Naite

I'm getting it for sure on ps4 but I'm not sure if I'm getting an import copy since I'll have barely any time to play it for a while and I want to finish up bloodborne and srw z3 tengoku hen before that. Maybe I'll get the import for ps3 and the NA version on ps4 to avoid any possible cross play lag like the first few weeks of Xrd.

Rhapsody

Banned
No money, no interest (since there are so many options of games to play), and less time for games in general.
I'm going to graduate next year, so I want to concentrate on that and less on games.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Will probably rent to check out, but I don't see myself buying Extend.

I'll probably grab it sometime in the next week. The package itself is a little underwhelming but the only reason I stopped playing CP to begin with was because everyone migrated to P4AU. I figure at least a portion of them will come back to CPEX.

wasn't expecting the controller to yell at me x_x

color 18 makes me mad that my color isn't in the game

probably won't touch the game much til may starts

if there were a game that would make me consider getting plus, it's sadly this one .___.

Lyte Edge

Ended up getting this digitally on both PS4 and Vita. The latter is likely useless since like two people will be playing it online, but it will be good for practice. I like GGXrd, but I was never able to find a character to stick with. I missed Tager and Litchi.

The Vita version continues the unfortunate ArcSys trend of having longer load times than other fighting games, but the load times are at least shorter than Chrono Phantasma. Counting the match-up screen, it took around 19 seconds to load a fight from training mode.

Shinriji

The Vita version continues the unfortunate ArcSys trend of having longer load times than other fighting games, but the load times are at least shorter than Chrono Phantasma. Counting the match-up screen, it took around 19 seconds to load a fight from training mode.

What about the framerate hiccups of vita BBCP?

Lyte Edge

LOL. The PS4 version runs in a window. It's not full screen...has the same black border that Hotline Miami 1 has on PS4. Lazy-ass Arc.

On a positive note, the game play feels smoother and more fluid than I remember it being on PS3.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
LOL. The PS4 version runs in a window. It's not full screen...has the same black border that Hotline Miami 1 has on PS4. Lazy-ass Arc.

On a positive note, the game play feels smoother and more fluid than I remember it being on PS3.

ArcSys lazy ports are no news. See: BBCSII 3DS

Uraizen

Banned

Say whaaaat? So it's going to have Wii-like borders on my monitor? Can I at least stretch the image if I feel like it or does it refuse to go any higher?

Lyte Edge

Say whaaaat? So it's going to have Wii-like borders on my monitor? Can I at least stretch the image if I feel like it or does it refuse to go any higher?

The stretch options are there...

...but so is the border. -_-

You can stretch the picture, yet the frame remains. If I had known this, I probably would have just gotten the game on PS3. Maybe they'll patch it?

Rhapsody

Banned

That's how BBCP was for me on PS3. It didn't fully fit my screen.

Uraizen

Banned
That's how BBCP was for me on PS3. It didn't fully fit my screen.

It wasn't like that for me and usually I'm the one who complains about this. My monitor will scale, but it won't cut off black borders like some TVs do with "fit to screen" or whatever it is. Not that I should expect it to, but none of my TVs have ever done that either.

Top Bottom