• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

MMaRsu

Banned
Defeat Amelia, initiate the fear the old blood cutscene, go to the Hunter's Dream, pick up the Eye of a Blood-Drunk Hunter from the messengers on the stairs, get grabbed by the Amygdala that is in the courtyard left of the Cathedral Ward lamp.

Damnit shouldnt have entered ng+ lol

ironcreed

Banned
What? You have to beat Amelia in NG+ to get to DLC. That is the only way to get next moon phase. It isn't night when you start NG+.

I'm sorry. I just got the eye right off the bat because I had already passed that point in NG+ and got confused because I did not have to do it. Sorry for the mix up.

neoism

Nope. Just did some coop.

lol not sure it was down when i turned it on lol

also could someone help here...

i kill the chalice queen last night... so im looking to get 27% gems .. but when i put the glyph in it says i dont meet requirements for the dungon...
if its the same dungeon as the queens how dont i meet them ????

myco666

Man,
Ludwig
is destroying me. What's the recommended level for this on NG+?

100+ but it depends lot on your stats. I managed fine with lvl97 character that had Vit at 40 and damage stat at 50.

I'm sorry. I just got the eye right off the bat because I had already passed that point in NG+ and got confused because I did not have to do it. Sorry for the mix up.

No worries.

edit.

lol not sure it was down when i turned it on lol

also could someone help here...

i kill the chalice queen last night... so im looking to get 27% gems .. but when i put the glyph in it says i dont meet requirements for the dungon...
if its the same dungeon as the queens how dont i meet them ????

If it is the root chalice you still need the all the correct offerings? I haven't done any Chalices aside from the regular ones so my knowledge on those is very minimal.

knitoe

Anyone want to help me with Maria? I solo her on my lvl80, but she kicking my ass on my lvl46 char.

Edit: NM. Got someone who know what he was doing and we finished her.

I'm seeing recommendations that NG+ should be for lvl 100 - 120+. I'm lvl 102 and in NG, just killed 3rd boss in DLC. I guess me taking my sweet time + doing co-op has caused me to overlevel a bit.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Well, Chalice Dungeons are kind of easy when you wait until you're well into NG+ and did half the DLC to do them...

I'm gonna get destroyed by the Defile Chalice Dungeon, won't I?

Well, Chalice Dungeons are kind of easy when you wait until you're well into NG+ and did half the DLC to do them...

I'm gonna get destroyed by the Defile Chalice Dungeon, won't I?

It's really not that bad. The bosses in that dungeon are some of the easiest in the game, there just isn't much room for error.

If you have 50 vit and a fire resistant set you won't get one shot by the dog. Depending on your approach the last boss may or may not be easier than the dog.

Finalow

I have one character at level 90 in ng+, with a godawful STR build, and basically no vials and items for upgrades left.

I think I'm going to grind and reach at least Rom and only then start the dlc a 2nd time, otherwise it's gonna be painful.

myco666

Okay you guys who use Beast Cutter can you tell me why? I just tested it with 50 Str at +9 and compared it to Threaded Cane +9 at 50 Skill and both have the same damage output with same gems. Only difference was that Beast Cutter is way slower. Do you use it only because transformed R2 spam is coolest thing ever?

zma1013

Yeah, took my a while to notice, instead I was running around like a pillock =/

You can also
use the building on the other side to block all of them. The meteors always come from the exact same place and so you can just hide in that one corner every time.

Greddleok

I killed
Ludwig
this morning. What a fight. I think I used 17/20 vials, and played incredibly aggressively.

I want that damn bow though, where the hell is it?!

ironcreed

Banned
Grimløck;188021952 said:
you can get it early from killing the first NPC you meet in the DLC. or, you can finish his quest line and get it near the end of the DLC.

Hm, time to go back and have another... conversation.

tumblr_m3zkdcYNFH1qbyrbao1_r1_500.gif

Greddleok

Grimløck;188021952 said:
you can get it early from killing the first NPC you meet in the DLC. or, you can finish his quest line and get it near the end of the DLC.

I've not found any NPCs yet...I guess I missed someone.

myco666

Grimløck;188020796 said:
yes.

the reach is longer, too. safer. it knocks them down so you can chain R2s

I guess the low damage (for a strength weapon) is the trade of for the reach. Need to try out more but Whirligig Saw seems to be much better choice for Str build.

Greddleok

Grimløck;188023066 said:
he's at the first shortcut back to the lamp.

Yeah...I never came across a short cut, I managed to battle my way through in one go. I definitely need to go back and check that area out again.

Akara

Banned
Okay, so outside of the Pizza Cutter, what else is a worthwhile STR weapon from the dlc?

I think Amy Arm is pretty good. Beast Cutter is threaded cane when in whip form with stagger which is great for bosses but dangerous in PVP. Boom Hammer is good but the stamina cost when buffed is horrid unless you have high stamina.

Okay, so outside of the Pizza Cutter, what else is a worthwhile STR weapon from the dlc?

Eh....mmm......huh.....If you like long range, the amygdala arm and the str version of the cane. the explisive hammer is quite situational since it drains a lot of stamina and do fire damage, probably designed to fight Ludwig and beasts

dan2026

What level, what NG?

That sounds like a bad time for the DLC on NG+. Try get Vitality up and the damage stat up that scales with your weapon.

Its ok two brave hunters just helped me best him.
Fuck me, I have never felt a tension like that before.

NEO0MJ

That sounds like a bad time for the DLC on NG+. Try get Vitality up and the damage stat up that scales with your weapon.

I have yet to beat Rom so maybe you're right. Though I still had some problem's facing the first boss on a friend's save though I did much better than on my file.

Speaking of, how did he get access to the DLC area even though he didn't buy it? My account is on his system but it's not activated on it.

Azzanadra

Whats the recommended stat distribution for the Holy Moonlight Sword? Its quickly become my favorite weapon, its one handed form already does as much damage as Ludwig's 2-handed form. Sadly the second form of the moonlight sword doesn't hold up because my arcane is like 17.

Right now, my stats look like this:

VIT: 30
END: 23
SKL: 24
STR: 25
ARC: 17
BT: 9

myco666

Its ok two brave hunters just helped me best him.
Fuck me, I have never felt a tension like that before.

Its a fantastic fight. That second phase music is so good.

I have yet to beat Rom so maybe you're right. Though I still had some problem's facing the first boss on a friend's save though I did much better than on my file.

Speaking of, how did he get access to the DLC area even though he didn't buy it? My account is on his system but it's not activated on it.

Not sure how he got it but there was a method to get it free via some exploit that was patched out.

NEO0MJ

Its a fantastic fight. That second phase music is so good.

The second phase really got me.
Him about to lose consciousness but seeing his blade again unsheathed brought life back to him. They did a good job translating it with how upright and confident his stance became despite his mangled body and how his eye became full of determination. The hunter who became a beast and came back to being a hunter.

Not sure how he got it but there was a method to get it free via some exploit that was patched out.

The patch ran into an error and didn't download. I guess that's why he was able to enter the expansion.

Whats the recommended stat distribution for the Holy Moonlight Sword? Its quickly become my favorite weapon, its one handed form already does as much damage as Ludwig's 2-handed form. Sadly the second form of the moonlight sword doesn't hold up because my arcane is like 17.

Right now, my stats look like this:

VIT: 30
END: 23
SKL: 24
STR: 25
ARC: 17
BT: 9

It depends do you want to shoot powerful beams like a badass or do you prefer to just regular 1/2 hand attack?

If you want the beams to be useful I suggest leveling up Arc to at least 30. And putting on good Nourishing gems as they increase both arcane and physical damage; assuming you care to get them from Chalices. If not, put your best physical gems on it and watch the 1 regular attacks shine while your beams do jack shit.

Heres an example of a couple of my lvl 120 builds that use it.

STR:25
SKL:22
ARC:50

With 3 18-19% Nourishing gems I get around 800 AR and my beams do around 500 damage.

2nd ll 120 Build:
STR:45
SKL:15
ARC:35

With 2 18% Nourishings and one 1 20% Nourishing I get 860 AR and my beams do about 300 damage. I could have opted for more physical damage in hand 1 form and put in 27.2% pure physical gems due to my 45 str but decided to go with the nourshings to have more versatility with the beams.

neoism

holy these are annoying... soo does just the weapons you get that play through count toward the Hunter's Essence trophies???

i checked them 3 times i have everything??? no trophy!

myco666

The second phase really got me.
Him about to lose consciousness but seeing his blade again unsheathed brought life back to him. They did a good job translating it with how upright and confident his stance became despite his mangled body and how his eye became full of determination. The hunter who became a beast and came back to being a hunter.

The patch ran into an error and didn't download. I guess that's why he was able to enter the expansion.

Yeah the second phase is really cool and well done giving him more character.

Okay fuck this Arcane build shit. I just want my
Kos Parasite
but doing >200 damage per hit and none the tools dish out enough damage is some serious bullshit.

holy these are annoying... soo does just the weapons you get that play through count toward the Hunter's Essence trophies???

i checked them 3 times i have everything??? no trophy!

Should be any instance, as it tracks if you've ever received one of them before to determine whether or not to make them available for purchase/chalice treasures.

Are you sure you got everything? Maybe the secondaries also count? (Loch Shield, Church Cannon, etc.)

Yeah the second phase is really cool and well done giving him more character.

Okay fuck this Arcane build shit. I just want my
Kos Parasite
but doing >200 damage per hit and none the tools dish out enough damage is some serious bullshit.

Are you using flat gems and have at least 50 Arcane? Your not gonna get much out of Arcane builds unless you really put time and work into them. The arcane starting class isnt called Cruel Fate for nothing lol

Top Bottom