• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bob Ross Smite Bundle

Website

Trailer

Gameplay
Bob Ross® Bundle

Twitch and Hi-Rez Studios have teamed up to create the happiest little accident in SMITE's history. Introducing the Bob Ross® Bundle, starring – you guessed it – Bob Ross®.

Ride atop a happy little Grover and fling paint at your enemies with the Exclusive Bob Ross® Sylvanus Skin. Plus, unlock a Loading Frame that makes all card art appear as a painting and a paint splatter Jump Stamp!

Each bundle item was created by the SMITE development team in close partnership with Twitch and the Bob Ross® estate. This bundle is our tribute to the greatness of Bob Ross® – undeniably one of the true Gods of painting.

Watch the SMITE Patch Notes show live on twitch.tv/HiRezTV at 4:00 pm ET on May 3 to find out more about the Bob Ross® Bundle, and prepare to let your inner artist shine in Patch 4.8!

Bob Ross® Sylvanus Skin (Exclusive)
asdfasdfasdfawef.jpg

Bob Ross® Jump Stamp (Exclusive)
bobrossjumpstamp.jpg

Bob Ross® Loading Frame (Exclusive)
bobrossloadingframepng.png

Bob Ross® Loading screen (Exclusive)
BobRossLoadingScreenjpeg.jpg

You Can Do It Too! / How-To
The Bob Ross® Bundle will be available May 9 on PC/Mac and May 16 on console*.

The bundle can be purchased for 700 gems in-game or $9.99 on Twitch Commerce and includes the Bob Ross® Sylvanus skin, loading frame, and jump stamp.
*Dates are subject to change due to development delays.

=/

Here is the skin in action from the patch notes show earlier today if people are curious.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/139884504?t=45m40s

psyfi

Banned
man, somehow this feels really gross and disrespectful to me

dude is dead, don't just slap his likeness on video game DLC for meme jokes

C-Drive

If I was dead and famous, I wouldn't mind my family making money off of me. I don't think there's a lot of money in being Bob Ross's family, as I imagine Bob himself didn't make what some celebrities on his level made.

From the website.

Each bundle item was created by the SMITE development team in close partnership with Twitch and the Bob Ross® estate. This bundle is our tribute to the greatness of Bob Ross® – undeniably one of the true Gods of painting.

Bob made happy little trees, but he didn't put faces on them, or charge people $9.99.

Man built a 15$ million dollar business around himself, granted the money from his actual paintings were donated to PBS, but the man got paid. So, you're technically right, I guess.

BADMAN

That's a bit much but I guess as long as Bob Ross' family is getting a pay check I would imagine he'd be fine with it. Still they could made a less tackey effort.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
sesame street is on a premium channel that inner city kids cant afford
bob ross is being used in a skinner box game that promotes violence

what the frick

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Your toxic comment/the community

Yeah because your driveby shitpost, that had nothing to do with the topic of the thread, was any better.

OT: Super harmless cosmetic pack. Too much for it though. At least Bob Ross' Estate is getting paid.

A god of painting gets his due. I'm surprised they didn't jump all over trying to get an American Gods tie-in with the show.

I'm still waiting for them to wise the hell up and summon The Cthulhu Mythos upon the world (of Smite).

That doesn't make it feel any less off putting and disrespectful to me.

That's a shame then.

I think it's a pretty awesome tribute myself. Plus it's something the Smite community has been asking for for a while (albeit for a different god). The fact that they're working with the Bob Ross Estate is icing on the cake for me.

Top Bottom