• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BOMBA Pikachu 3DS XL $160 at Target on March 24th

HardRojo

Charizard XL would be nice :( I wonder if they'll actually bring it over, how long did it take for the Pikachu XL to come stateside?

clav

All three of them have been known to price match, especially Best Buy and Walmart.

I thought Best Buy makes customers run circles and go through the call the price-matched store for inventory.

If the store you're price matching has none in inventory, you don't get the price match.

Bilix

Went to my local Target at around 11 and they didn't have any on display. I asked the guy and he checked back and got the only 3 that they had received. Immediately, 2 other guys came out if nowhere wanting them. One of them said he was there since 8! Do people not think to ask? If I didn't show up, who knows how long they'd be sitting there.

Totally didn't think this would be such a hot item. It's sold out everywhere near me now.

HardRojo

Went to my local Target at around 11 and they didn't have any on display. I asked the guy and he checked back and got the only 3 that they had received. Immediately, 2 other guys came out if nowhere wanting them. One of them said he was there since 8! Do people not think to ask? If I didn't show up, who knows how long they'd be sitting there.

Totally didn't think this would be such a hot item. It's sold out everywhere near me now.

The price must have something to do with the interest :)

Not sure I'd qualify selling out 3 per store as a "hot item". Locally near me is the same situation. All locations showed up this morning as "limited" stock on the website, which means they got 1-3 at each store. Half are now sold out according to the website.

Zebra

Shit, the one place that won't even list the system on their website. Ugh...

Yeah, oddly Best Buy is the one big retailer not carrying it.

i think next 3DS XL will come 6 months after AC is out.

I hope not... I've got my fingers crossed for this coming out with the AC launch
AFbW4Vh.jpg

Iacobellis

Not sure I'd qualify selling out 3 per store as a "hot item". Locally near me is the same situation. All locations showed up this morning as "limited" stock on the website, which means they got 1-3 at each store. Half are now sold out according to the website.

Fuck, same here. Is this it or is Nintendo doing some kind of trickle shipments?

Iacobellis

Yeah, oddly Best Buy is the one big retailer not carrying it.

I hope not... I've got my fingers crossed for this coming out with the AC launch

WAIT, they don't have it at all?! Maybe I'll get lucky with Walmart again, I got my Ambassador 3DS there for $169 before the price drop.

Zebra

WAIT, they don't have it at all?! Maybe I'll get lucky with Walmart again, I got my Ambassador 3DS there for $169 before the price drop.

From March 18th:
I'm not seeing anything in our system indicating we might be carrying this special edition 3DS XL but I suppose it could show up last minute. If so, I'm sure we would see it on our 3DS page on BestBuy.com. However, this close to a release date, we normally would have some sort of information prepping us for the launch so my gut says we might not be a participating retailer.

I haven't been inside an actual Best Buy to check, but I'm going to guess that they aren't carrying it. Especially since the system never showed up on their website.

barrin87

I went to Target about an hour after they opened to look for the Pikachu 3DS. There wasn't any on display so I asked the sales associate and he said that they had one left that hadn't been put on display yet so I managed to get the last one. I honestly think they might have been holding the last one for someone unless a person asked for it so I got lucky.

Flunkie

Banned
Dumping 8-10 inches of snow on us right now, so I won't be able to get one of these. Was planning on price matching at Best Buy and looking for a Mario Kart bundle.

Bullza2o

No one else at mine either. I was kind of worried there would be a line after reading about people getting there early on the east coast at CAG. So I made sure I got there early.

I sat in the car and waited though :lol. Too damn cold.

I honestly have no clue how hard these will be to get in the future, but I promised this as a gift and wanted to make sure I got one.

Are you me? Haha I did everything you did, and this XL is for my sister as my promise to her before it was even announced.

Lucent

Got my blue 3DS XL yesterday since you never know if the price will cause the systems to sell out. And it was supposed to snow a lot today. I'll go get the price adjustment later this week.

Ralts42

Neo Member
Sold out at 8:30 at my local target, sold out at toys-r-us, then went to one walmart and they said they didn't get any in. On to the last walmart around here and hopefully they have one.

NoRéN

Target was such a clusterfuck. No one knew what was going on. Store got 4 and some lady that was there since 6am kept bitching about people not getting in line in front of her. She let it slip that she wanted 3 for "her kids". Told everyone that the store only had 4 and when the doors open everyone ran in around her. Lots of bitching and screaming from her as people got theirs and she didn't.

In case you're feeling bad, she starts to walk away saying that her husband and sister are at other stores and she's sure they got them all and will resell them for more, etc.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I wish Gamestop price matched. I have store credit to use....I would have picked up a 3DS XL if they did

Goddamnit. No luck in the LA area. Sold out at my local targets when the doors opened apparently. I had no idea it was going to be such a limited run!! I guess ill get the ugly red or blue bc I've been waiting too long.

HardRojo

NoRéN;51324144 said:
Target was such a clusterfuck. No one knew what was going on. Store got 4 and some lady that was there since 6am kept bitching about people not getting in line in front of her. She let it slip that she wanted 3 for "her kids". Told everyone that the store only had 4 and when the doors open everyone ran in around her. Lots of bitching and screaming from her as people got theirs and she didn't.

In case you're feeling bad, she starts to walk away saying that her husband and sister are at other stores and she's sure they got them all and will resell them for more, etc.

Sometimes I worry about how some people's minds work. "Let's all as a family waste our time and go through a stampede in different stores just to make less than $1000"

Lucent

NoRéN;51324144 said:

lol awesome story. Yeah it's funny how people will say something and then show their true colors when they realize they've failed and then try to get some satisfaction by trying to brush it off like that. Inside, she was def crying.

And yeah, though I wasn't ever interested in the Pikachu 3DS, I wouldn't have gone through that trouble. Just got my blue one yesterday and will get a price adjustment during the week. No risks. No getting killed. lol

NoRéN

Sometimes I worry about how some people's minds work. "Let's all as a family waste our time and go through a stampede in different stores just to make less than $1000"
Seriously.
lol awesome story. Yeah it's funny how people will say something and then show their true colors when they realize they've failed and then try to get some satisfaction by trying to brush it off like that. Inside, she was def crying.

It was weird. It was 7:55 when i got there and there were maybe 5 people behind her. As soon as more people arrived is when she started getting loud. Some workers got their for their shifts and kept pestering them about what they were doing to make sure she was in there first because she was there since 6am. Kept looking back and giving people angry looks and saying stuff under her breath. When she blurted out the "I need 3" comment is when i let everyone know that store only had 4 in stock( I had asked yesterday). Somes girls behind her said "fuck that" and everyone ran in when doors opened.

All in all, so glad I preordered last night at toysrus.com.

Lucent

NoRéN;51331194 said:
Seriously.

It was weird. It was 7:55 when i got there and there were maybe 5 people behind her. As soon as more people arrived is when she started getting loud. Some workers got their for their shifts and kept pestering them about what they were doing to make sure she was in there first because she was there since 6am. Kept looking back and giving people angry looks and saying stuff under her breath. When she blurted out the "I need 3" comment is when i let everyone know that store only had 4 in stock( I had asked yesterday). Somes girls behind her said "fuck that" and everyone ran in when doors opened.

All in all, so glad I preordered last night at toysrus.com.

lol. I would've liked to have seen that.

Olaeh

It seems entirely sold out in my area :( I got to target 30 mins after they opened and just missed the last of 3 :( I've called and looked everywhere but it seems by 9:00 every store (TrU, Target, Walmart, etc...) was sold out... unbelievable! I ended up getting a blue one. I'll remember to camp out for the next Limited edition.

Lucent

It seems entirely sold out in my area :( I got to target 30 mins after they opened and just missed the last of 3 :( I've called and looked everywhere but it seems by 9:00 every store (TrU, Target, Walmart, etc...) was sold out... unbelievable! I ended up getting a blue one. I'll remember to camp out for the next Limited edition.

Good alternative. =D

Olaeh

Good alternative. =D

Thanks! I'm really happy with it :) The blue genuinely does look really nice, and for $40 off you can't go wrong! For anyone who missed out on the Pikachu 3DSXL, the red/blue/pink w/ a cool decal looks really nice too.

il_570xN.434147444_qs1y.jpg

kirby_nintendo_3ds_xl_ll_vinyl_skin_decal_sticker_285304af.jpg

il_340x270.423424163_e5dc.jpg

Ghazi

Thanks! I'm really happy with it :) The blue genuinely does look really nice, and for $40 off you can't go wrong! For anyone who missed out on the Pikachu 3DSXL, the red/blue/pink w/ a cool decal looks really nice too.

il_570xN.434147444_qs1y.jpg

kirby_nintendo_3ds_xl_ll_vinyl_skin_decal_sticker_285304af.jpg

il_340x270.423424163_e5dc.jpg

Tell me where to get the Blastoise one. NOW!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Walked into the store at around 1:30 PM and picked up a red 3DS XL without any problems. They had a bunch of 3DS stock left but it didn't even seem like the Pikachu ones had been put out yet. It was more interesting to me that Luigi's Mansion was almost sold out already.

Christ. 3DS XL failure today one after the other.

Target at 10am - no pikachus
Target at 1300 - "We are a city Target, so the XL red/blue is $199 here."
Target online now - Sorry, can't use your Target red card and get 5% off because the card is too new (haven't received the actual CC yet)

Going to have to just suck it up and buy the red online for $160. 5% off (that I would get in-store for using my red card) isn't that much, but it's annoying the Target across the street won't sell it for the same price as the Target 2 miles away. So... they lost business to their online store. For fucks sake, just gimme an XL already.

Edit: I forgot to mention, I called a few stores across the country where my parents live and found one. By the time my mom got there, of course it was gone. Why the hell did Nintendo do such a limited run? It's like they're saying fuck you to prospective 3DS owners with their terrible color choices.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I got my price adjustment today for the blue one I bought earlier in the week. It didn't look like they had any pikachu ones left in the glass case with the other ones at lunch.

I think my bill came to 200 after tax and when I got the sale match I got $42 back so that was cool.

kitsuneyo

Target said this morning that they MIGHT get more Pikachu 3DS XLs in on Tuesday, but they don't know for sure. Anyone in the know about the likelihood that we'll see more stock this week?

Cos if there's no more Pikachu models, Mrs kitsuneyo wants to get a pink 3DS instead, and we're worried they'll all be out of stock by Tues...

Target said this morning that they MIGHT get more Pikachu 3DS XLs in on Tuesday, but they don't know for sure. Anyone in the know about the likelihood that we'll see more stock this week?

Cos if there's no more Pikachu models, Mrs kitsuneyo wants to get a pink 3DS instead, and we're worried they'll all be out of stock by Tues...

Do you think that's true? Why would they only send 3-4 to each store and then more Tuesday?

You could just buy the pink one now and then return it if there's a Pikachu one.

I don't think it's true, that's why I'm asking! Good idea about swapping it :)

It seems unlikely, but thanks for mentioning it because I'll call Tuesday am and ask. :)

I just bought the red XL online. I think I'll get one of those decals on etsy. If Nintendo decides to release an acceptable/nice one in the future, I'll just trade this thing in. :p

Top Bottom