• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bonkers Amazon.com PSN Deals

24 min left

Amazon Lightning Deal is currently Skylanders Swap Force Starter Pack (various platforms) on sale for $37.49. Shipping is free. Thanks koya98

Available on:
Nintendo 3DS
Nintendo Wii
Nintendo Wii U
PlayStation 3
PlayStation 4
Xbox 360
Xbox One

also coming up

Upcoming Deal
The Last of Us for $25
Deal starts at
6:10 PM in
00h 22m 49s

Upcoming Deal
Beyond: Two Souls for $25
Deal starts at
6:10 PM in
00h 22m 49s

Upcoming Deal
Ratchet & Clank Collection for $10

Windforce

Sorry for the dumb question guys, but: I want to take advantage of the ACIV PS3 digital, so I can update to ACIV PS4. When I update to PS4, will I lose access to PS3 version? I'd like to keep both so my brother plays on PS3 while I play on PS4.

Also, I passed down my PS3 to my brother, will I get banned if we both earn trophies on my account at once? (Me on PS4 and he on PS3?) Thanks.

apotema

6 minutes left of

GTAV - 34
Saints Row 4 - 30
Batman Arkham Originis - 30

Shall I bite? (online codes, is GTA really that inferior downloaded?)

mut321

Neo Member
Sorry for the dumb question guys, but: I want to take advantage of the ACIV PS3 digital, so I can update to ACIV PS4. When I update to PS4, will I lose access to PS3 version? I'd like to keep both so my brother plays on PS3 while I play on PS4.

Also, I passed down my PS3 to my brother, will I get banned if we both earn trophies on my account at once? (Me on PS4 and he on PS3?) Thanks.

The ps3 version stays activated

Billen

Banned
So, buying the US BF4 premium for PS3, then upgrading the 10$ for PS4 and ultimately playing it all on a EU account, enjoying all the DLC that the premium brings. Is this a possible scenario, or are you limited to the initial purchase?

mauaus

So, buying the US BF4 premium for PS3, then upgrading the 10$ for PS4 and ultimately playing it all on a EU account, enjoying all the DLC that the premium brings. Is this a possible scenario, or are you limited to the initial purchase?
Sorry man, this is an impossible scenario

Bad7667

Man do I feel dumb. Bought FIFA14 for PS3 thinking I could upgrade but there is no digital upgrade for some reason. So now I own two versions of the same game as I already had the 360 version. Wish I noticed this before redeeming the code.

came in expecting this:

Bonkers.jpg

leaving disappointed

220px-Bonkers_Candy_Ad.jpg

smr00

Banned
Has anyone bought a PS3 PSN code and upgraded it to PS4 without having a PS3?

Do i redeem the PS3 code on the website? or in the PS4 store on my ps4.

Whaaaat? It won't let me use my European card to buy download games. Did someone find a workaround for this? I used to use it to buy PC downloads on amazon.com all the time

For someone who has never done anything like this before...

So I create a US dummy PSN account and link to amazon, buy the digital game, and also buy a PSN card of $10 to use to upgrade to the PS4 version. And then when I get access to my PS4 in a few weeks, simply log in to the US account, download the game and then once it's done switch back to the main EU account and the game will still be there?

Right?

I like this thread and man now i have two digital titles at low prices because that is the only way I justify digital games.

awesome.

question? Do i need to uninstall the BF4 i have in disc form or is the digital going to install separately. ?

ZeroX03

Banned
For someone who has never done anything like this before...

So I create a US dummy PSN account and link to amazon, buy the digital game, and also buy a PSN card of $10 to use to upgrade to the PS4 version. And then when I get access to my PS4 in a few weeks, simply log in to the US account, download the game and then once it's done switch back to the main EU account and the game will still be there?

Right?

You don't link your PSN account to Amazon, you just get codes. And yes, as long as you set your US PSN to a Master Account on your PS4, any games you download will be available for all accounts. Upgrades work fine too.

Quick question! I'm buying BF4 disc version. Going to use the PS4 upgrade for myself and give my nephew the disc version. Should work ok right? I'll just need the disc to authorize first?

dEvAnGeL

for those of us who want to buy B4 or AC4 and upgrade to the ps4 version without a ps3 is this possible? can the game be activated on my account trough the website and then i could upgrade on the ps4 or the game needs to be downloaded to the ps3?

You don't link your PSN account to Amazon, you just get codes. And yes, as long as you set your US PSN to a Master Account on your PS4, any games you download will be available for all accounts. Upgrades work fine too.

Would making the US account a master account on the PS4 affect anything to do with my proper EU account (remote play/share functionality/twitch streaming)?

JCX

for those of us who want to buy B4 or AC4 and upgrade to the ps4 version without a ps3 is this possible? can the game be activated on my account trough the website and then i could upgrade on the ps4 or the game needs to be downloaded to the ps3?

Idk how it works without owning a ps3, but I bought AC4 from Amazon then upgraded through the PlayStation app, so at the very least, buying it through the ps3 itself isn't necessary.

Yes it works without ever downloading to PS3.

I bought AC black flag and have not and will not install it on PS3.

It is all done via SEN store.

I'm confused about this too. Will my US account be a master account, or the master account?

From what I've seen online, the PS4 can have 2 primary accounts associated to it. So aslong as one primary account is the dummy US account, and the other is my main EU account, everything will be fine?

Kyoufu

From what I've seen online, the PS4 can have 2 primary accounts associated to it. So aslong as one primary account is the dummy US account, and the other is my main EU account, everything will be fine?

You can have as many accounts on your PS4 as the system allows (12?). You can purchase games from each account and play them on any of those accounts.

Top Bottom