• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BOOM, Watch Dogs now listed for Wii U at GameStop's website, I say it's a done deal

Amir0x

Banned
I just think a games quality turns out better when you're not focusing on so many platforms.

I totally read your initial comment wrong. I thought it said 'is it just me or did everybody else's interest in this game dwindle etc etc', instead of 'anybody else'

'cause I was gonna say I see no evidence that the excitement level for Watch Dogs is demonstrably lower now than it was before, but you clearly meant that your personal excitement was diminished and you were wondering if anyone else felt the same

my bad :p

Criminal Upper said:
Has Amriox shown up to deride and insult people who are happy about this news yet? He sure went to town in the last thread about this subject.

Discuss the arguments being made, not the individuals. Sticky thread right up top about it - deal with it.

BD1

Banned
The Smart Phone/GamePad integration is pretty obvious. I'm really interested to see what Ubi comes up with. (If anything). I wonder if they have a team separate from the main development group working on GamePad features?

Why is it such a secret

Why don't they come out and confirm it

Why is everything regarding wii u a fucking riddle

Maybe it will get its own Nintendo Direct treatment? Maybe Nintendo moneyhat'd an onstage demo at E3?

Who knows...

Haunted

The Smart Phone/GamePad integration is pretty obvious. I'm really interested to see what Ubi comes up with. (If anything). I wonder if they have a team separate from the main development group working on GamePad features?
Going from recent trends, probably outsourced to some C-tier external dev.

/devil's advocate

I'm going to guess most GAFers will play it on an old system, too.
They should turn in their jackets. Boo, I say. Boo.

Wynnebeck

Banned
I would hope Ubisoft is more concerned with making sure the game runs smoothly then trying to cram ridiculous gimmicks involving the Gamepad and hacking into the game.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Lovely if true.

It would restore my faith in Ubisoft's Nintendo support somewhat after the whole Rayman debacle.

Is it really a debacle though? It's too bad it was delayed but I consider it a good thing that people on the PS3 and 360 will be able to play it.

Besides the WiiU has ZombiU, and that's good enough for me! :)

Here's one I just wondered about; think Firebrand will port/redo Trackmania 2: Canyon on Wii U? Ubisoft would likely publish it since they now own Nadeo I think?

I guess Ubisoft didn't publish the first on Wii since that was commissioned before the buyout and Focus Home took care of that.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Good news perception wise for Nintendo on this one. I'm sure there will be a lot of PS4/720 stuff at E3 not announced for Wii U, so every high profile title they can trumpet helps a bit.

Wii U owners need to buy the shit out of this is you hope for more treats like this.

If the games are worth it I say listen to this!! Show your Wii U support. Also NFSMW coming. I am thinking of getting it also based on how the game is shaping up on Wii U. Will wait for the final version though.

antonz

I would hope Ubisoft is more concerned with making sure the game runs smoothly then trying to cram ridiculous gimmicks involving the Gamepad and hacking into the game.

who said anything about gimmicks.

Being able to have all the control functions of the gadgets on one screen instead of scroll wheeling through button pushes is already a hell of an upgrade

Row

Banned
Ubi really seems to want this to be their next big franchise, especially now that AC seems to be on the decline, makes sense they'll be putting the debut on as many platforms as they can

ozfunghi

Has Amriox shown up to deride and insult people who are happy about this news yet? He sure went to town in the last thread about this subject.

sooo...maps then?

I'm going PC version (that version exists, right?) but if people want to purchase it on Wii U and don't mind worse everything, that's up to them. At least they get to play SOME approximation of the experience.

Just a quick stab :)

hatchx

Banned
I'm still pissed about the Rayman thing.

But goddamn Watch Dogs looks great and playing it on the Gamepad, yes, most likely a day 1.

orioto

Good Art™
That's a shame cause that's the kind of port that would have given an advantage to the WiiU if it had been revealed before the launch. Now if we see it at E3, it will just confirm people how different the WiiU is from its next competitors...

StuBurns

Banned
I really never saw the appeal of this game. Other than it's graphically impressive, but that's just because other than SW1313, it was the first next-gen game announced.

I think people should reserve their hype until we actually see it at E3 or whatever.

As for a Wii U SKU, seems like a no brainer, it's PS360 anyway.

jmizzal

This is a very ambitions expensive game, Ubisoft is not gonna risk putting this game out for 720 and PS4 and High end PC with such a small install base.

ZombiU was an exclusive for WiiU but that game didnt cost too much to make.

You wont see too many 720/PS4 only games until fall 2014, expect a lot of cross gen games at launch (PS3,PS4,360,720,WiiU,PC).

Amir0x

Banned
That's a shame cause that's the kind of port that would have given an advantage to the WiiU if it had been revealed before the launch. Now if we see it at E3, it will just confirm people how different the WiiU is from its next competitors...

would it have really given advantage to Wii U if it was announced earlier? The game still wouldn't have come out for a year, most people still wouldn't have even got to see it before it started being advertised on commercials as having GROUND BREAKING NEXT-GENERATION VISUALS™ (to say nothing that the original reveal video made it pretty clear it was a next-gen game), and the current Wii U owners still would have virtually nothing to play for months and months.

What Wii U needs is some original content that you can't get anywhere else, designed for the system in question, but I think the ship is sailing on how much longer things can stay the way they are without those games being announced before it's too late to save the system

Certinty

If this isn't released on the next PS and Xbox I might fork out and get a Wii U just for this, will be cheap then anyway.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Has a Wii U SKU for Watch Dogs always been on Best Buy's site? Cause if not, it's there now: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/WATCH+D...7767211&skuId=8500088&st=Watch dogs&lp=1&cp=1

Something I noticed from that page...
Synopsis
The ultimate weapon is not a gun. It's not a bomb or biohazard. It's everywhere you look - and right at your fingertips. You are Aiden Pearce.
The main character was named after a programmer's kid. "Aiden" was not a common name at all until very recently. Very few adults are walking around today with that name...

rhJrUgp.jpg

I really never saw the appeal of this game. Other than it's graphically impressive, but that's just because other than SW1313, it was the first next-gen game announced.

It's a bit "slower" than your typical third person modern day game.

I think it's highly promising but highly overrated from the little we have seen but when something looks different(no matter to what extent) from the current trend of the day, people think it's magical.

delta25

Banned
Good on Ubi for continuing to support the Wii U. They seem to be the only major 3rd party developer giving it its fair shake.

BD1

Banned
From all these leaks and the post from Harker, I assume this is going to be made official soon.

If there is really going to be a third party Nintendo Direct in the next few weeks (I know there is a Japanese 3DS one this week), I think it would be a fair guess to say it might be officially announced.

DasMarcos

Banned
Well it's about time the Wii U got some quality 3rd party support. Ubisoft why do you love Nintendo so much. More importantly, why are you the only 3rd party with so much damn love.

The_Lump

Banned
Hey guys: it's officially a next gen Ubisoft game.

MIND. BLOWN.

*preconceptions, mental barriers and definitions shattering*

Discuss.

orioto

Good Art™
would it have really given advantage to Wii U if it was announced earlier? The game still wouldn't have come out for a year, most people still wouldn't have even got to see it before it started being advertised on commercials as having GROUND BREAKING NEXT-GENERATION VISUALS™, and the current Wii U owners still would have virtually nothing to play for months and months.

What Wii U needs is some original content that you can't get anywhere else, designed for the system in question, but I think the ship is sailing on how much longer things can stay the way they are without those games being announced before it's too late to save the system

Let's say it could have helped to fight this reallly bad feeling that the WiiU is more following the current gen in its death than making a step into the next one. In term of third party at least.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
And wiiu owners still won't buy it.

Yeah, well that's besides the point. I and the other Nitendthings at least like having the option not to buy it. Thanks UbiSoft. :)

No it has not wow, UBIsoft mustve just send all this retail info too stores, Watch_Dogs blow out must be coming soon.

Shown again Wednesday at the Sony thing, press release to follow soon after listing all platforms except the new Xbox because it hasn't been announced yet.

Schnozberry

If Nintendo really wanted to try and siphon off some heat from Durango and Orbis, they'd pack this game in with a Wii U premium along with 3D Mario and sell it for $20 less than whatever Orbis and Durango end up selling for.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Good on Ubi for continuing to support the Wii U. They seem to be the only major 3rd party developer giving it its fair shake.

I bet every time they talk to Nintendo Iwata just happens to slip in a Just Dance reference and coughs "you owe me".

It looked like it was going to be on new and old consoles, so yeah add it to one more old console and try to make all the money you can.

Raven77

OP, you do realize that most game companies list every major console while the game is in development, heck they probably even secure licensing. They do this just in case at some point the game does go to a particular system.

Also, Gamestop simply lists stuff for random platforms all the time that way if it comes to that platform they have everything already set.

Not saying it isn't coming to the Wii U.

Haunted

Something I noticed from that page...
The main character was named after a programmer's kid. "Aiden" was not a common name at all until very recently. Very few adults are walking around today with that name...

rhJrUgp.jpg
US stats for a primarily Irish/Scottish name? Well, I never!

Don't be slipping on me now Gahigiddy, we need you in top form on the 20th.

Amir0x

Banned
If Nintendo really wanted to try and siphon off some heat from Durango and Orbis, they'd pack this game in with a Wii U premium along with 3D Mario and sell it for $20 less than whatever Orbis and Durango end up selling for.

I don't really think Nintendo can do anything about what price the game comes at. They'd have to convince Ubisoft, probably with huge incentives, to do that, and I doubt they'd take such a chance on an unproven IP... plus that Ubisoft would probably consider it a form of 'devaluing' the brand, when they're trying to release and establish a fanbase for a huge new property.

Just doesn't seem a terribly likely scenario :p

Top Bottom