• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BOOM, Watch Dogs now listed for Wii U at GameStop's website, I say it's a done deal

NotLiquid

That's a shame cause that's the kind of port that would have given an advantage to the WiiU if it had been revealed before the launch. Now if we see it at E3, it will just confirm people how different the WiiU is from its next competitors...

Watch Dogs is bound to appear on E3 no matter what, really. I can see Nintendo at least trying to get Ubisoft onto their conference and tout exclusive features in an attempt to make theirs look like the "enhanced experience" though, without the post-launch malarkey that had Arkham City weigh down on Nintendo's last conference like a plague.

It'd look real good on Nintendo if they can strike a deal to have an exclusive reveal of it if they themselves want to do their best to paint a better picture for third parties.

brinstar

Well, assuming it turns out to be a good game and runs nicely I'd be interested in picking up a Wii U version as I heavily doubt I'll have Orbis/Durango by then (and my PC sucks)

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo snags this as "next-gen" exclusive.

Boerseun

Banned
there were marketing materials that weren't supposed to go up until today, so I expected to see something official today. That previous list though was either from another EB not in the US or fake

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
iboR0k5Aj6ppLK.gif
I think on the Gamepad they should show you a view of the character's feet and ground (while he's running). That way you can keep an eye out for dropped change to use for subway fair.

delta25

Banned
I bet every time they talk to Nintendo Iwata just happens to slip in a Just Dance reference and coughs "you owe me".

They both seem to feed off each other in ways that is beneficial for both company's. While everyone seems to be jumping ship Ubi continues to stick it out.

Schnozberry

I don't really think Nintendo can do anything about what price the game comes at. They'd have to convince Ubisoft, probably with huge incentives, to do that, and I doubt they'd take such a chance on an unproven IP... plus that Ubisoft would probably consider it a form of 'devaluing' the brand, when they're trying to release and establish a fanbase for a huge new property.

Just doesn't seem a terribly likely scenario :p

I meant pack it in with the hardware. Not sell it for $20 less retail.

Because my job gives me Macs and I have zero desire to play the graphics card upgrade game. I'm a console gamer.

I don't understand how you can (apparently) care so much about graphics that you will go into every WiiU related thread to tear it down for being underpowered, and state how graphics are so integral to gaming, but not have the courage of your own convictions to buy a PC.

Ridley327

ohhh, yeah. That might be smart. Although I doubt Nintendo would make a bundle where a Mario game came with a game I'm pretty sure will be M rated...

Well, they are putting out a bundle with Nintendo Land that comes with a M-rated game...

EDIT: It's even a Ubisoft game, too!

Mlatador

Banned
Hacking (having the ability to manipulate your surroundings in various ways), receiving phone calls (people on the gamepad screen talking to you over the Wii U gamepad speaker), having exclusive insight into floor plans... and so on.

Make it cool, make it fun, make it a substantial part of the game and it's gonna be the perfect fit for the Wii U.

jwhit28

Because my job gives me Macs and I have zero desire to play the graphics card upgrade game. I'm a console gamer.

It would make sense if you weren't asking for a version of the game on a most likely ~$400 piece of hardware you will have to purchase when you can guarantee that you get the best looking version without screen tearing on PC hardware available right now.

Amir0x

Banned
Well, they are putting out a bundle with Nintendo Land that comes with a M-rated game...

What bundle is that? Hey then, though, they should do it. If they establish a relationship already with Ubisoft doing just that, then they should shoot for the stars.

Ideally, Nintendo needs to be shooting for the stars every chance they get at this point to keep the Wii U's hopes alive.

liger05

Why is it such a secret

Why don't they come out and confirm it

Why is everything regarding wii u a fucking riddle

This. I dont know what else is coming (if anything) but I wish nintendo or the publisher would just say so.

Look how long it took for COD to be officially announced for the wii u. Its stupid!!

Ridley327

What bundle is that? Hey then, though, they should do it. If they establish a relationship already with Ubisoft doing just that, then they should shoot for the stars.

Ideally, Nintendo needs to be shooting for the stars every chance they get at this point to keep the Wii U's hopes alive.

It's the Zombi U bundle that streeted yesterday.

I don't understand how you can (apparently) care so much about graphics that you will go into every WiiU related thread to tear it down for being underpowered, and state how graphics are so integral to gaming, but not have the courage of your own convictions to buy a PC.

'High-end Graphics' with convenience and without the hassle of tinkering with a PC. What 90% of GAF wants.

Schnozberry

My thought was that going into the next Holiday season Nintendo needs to offer a strong value proposition that shows off the gamepad in the face of stiff competition. They can't be within $50 of Durango and Orbis unless they are packing in strong software.

Watch Dogs Wii U is actually a completely unrelated game where you play as a pomeranian who trolls the streets of 1970s Chicago and sniffs out petty crime.

Touch screen and gyroscopic minigames abound!

Pomeranian, you say? You have good taste, fellow forum follower.

Amir0x

Banned
It's the Zombi U bundle that streeted yesterday.

Oh shit, just checked it out. A download copy of Nintendoland, not a boxed copy (cheap), but yeah, if they can do that, they should try with Watch Dogs too.

I guess the primary difference there though would be that Watch Dogs is not exclusive and Zombie U was, but it's a start

Hero

One hand giveth, one hand taketh.

If it doesn't come out the same date the other versions do then there's no point.

Either way I'll probably pick it up on my PC unless the Game Pad features turn out to be really awesome.

Quite illogical.

The fact that you think I go into Wii U threads to "tear it down" tells me all I need to know about you.

It would make sense if you weren't asking for a version of the game on a most likely ~$400 piece of hardware you will have to purchase when you can guarantee that you get the best looking version without screen tearing on PC hardware available right now.

And with a console I'm pretty much guaranteed about 4-5 years of never having to upgrade. It's why I game on consoles. Not all that complicated. And judging by sales of mainstream gaming titles, I'm in the majority.

Oh, I agree with your earlier point wholeheartedly sir. I was just trying to explain why Sir Baconsammy might find console gaming more to his liking. I'm primarily into PC Gaf myself.

Not using Windows Vista/7/8 has been a real plus as well.

Ridley327

Oh shit, just checked it out. A download copy of Nintendoland, not a boxed copy (cheap), but yeah, if they can do that, they should try with Watch Dogs too.

I guess the primary difference there though would be that Watch Dogs is not exclusive and Zombie U was, but it's a start

It's a pretty smart bundle as far as showing off the GamePad is concerned, as those two games do show off why it's a nifty addition to gameplay the best. There's certainly a lot of potential for what they're talking about with Watch_Dogs to leverage the GamePad in a worthwhile way, so I don't think they'd be so remiss to deem it unsuitable for bundle purposes just because it isn't an exclusive. I will say that Rayman Legends is likely a better candidate for a bundle, in spite of everything that's gone down with that recently.

BuzzJive

I wouldn't think twice about getting this for my 360, but some good Gamepad functionality could really make this game interesting.

Top Bottom