• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BOOM, Watch Dogs now listed for Wii U at GameStop's website, I say it's a done deal

StevieP

Banned
Wait, you think getting the visual quality of Watch Dogs is going to take 3 GTX 680s with an i7? Oh boy. Let's just say I'm pretty sure that'll be proven wrong within the first year of the systems life.

I don't want to stake that claim on Watch Dogs, if only for the simple fact that Ubisoft bullshots everything, but I am fairly secure that we'll see games that not only look as good as that, but look better.

P.S. I never quote a person's title, and I think it's disrespectful to do that when you have a thoughtful post, but damn I had to restrain myself on this one. That was like candy or some shit :p

For someone who also games on high end PCs, like myself, I'm surprised at your response. You should know I was speaking in terms of iq as well. Bull shots, especially from Ubi, are often just super sampled shots on PC with high levels of AA and af. You're obviously not going to get that level of IQ on any of the consoles, because that takes more power than they have.

I'm personally interested in what kinds of concessions they've made for the lower end console skus outside of IQ.

Schnozberry

Yeah I have a Wii U myself but will undoubtedly be getting the Orbis version. If I have the Orbis console there'd be no reason not to.

I guess it depends on how well they use the gamepad, and if there is a vast chasm between the Wii U and Orbis versions. Both are up in the air at this point.

Yeah I have a Wii U myself but will undoubtedly be getting the Orbis version. If I have the Orbis console there'd be no reason not to.

Minus the owning a wii u part this x1000. Its like buying the show 12 on ps2 over ps3.

I seriously dont get any excitement over this. If anything its disheartening because its shackled to current hardware.

iammeiam

Why is this a 300+ post thread for a game that's being ported to all consoles and PC?

Because it's a major third-party title that was previously being ported everywhere EXCEPT the Wii U, adding to the Wii U's nothing-but-Nintendo aura.

The reversal here is a tentative good sign for the Wii U, plus there really is potential to do some neat stuff with the Wii U pad.

Amir0x

Banned
For someone who also games on high end PCs, like myself, I'm surprised at your response. You should know I was speaking in terms of iq as well. Bull shots, especially from Ubi, are often just super sampled shots on PC with high levels of AA and af. You're obviously not going to get that level of IQ on any of the consoles, because that takes more power than they have.

I'm personally interested in what kinds of concessions they've made for the lower end console skus outside of IQ.

If what you mean is "top of the line PCs will be able to have games looking better IQ-wise than top of the line PS4/Xbox 720 games", then of course I'd agree with that.

What I disagree with is that Watch Dogs is an example of something out of reach for Xbox 720/PS4 (unless you're talking about resolutions even higher than 1080p, which of course PC will be able to do and PS4/Xbox 720 won't, or if you're talking about framerate, which will obviously be smoother than the consoles the stronger your PC is... consoles will always be fixed rate or variable rate, after all, no settings to alter to make it better). I don't think there is anything particularly special about it that makes either that IQ unobtainable or really much of anything, other than time and amount of money the company is willing to spend.

There will certainly be plenty of time for that to happen with many other titles. Just don't think Watch Dog is one of them. The only reason it may not be is because it's Ubisoft and they bullshot everything, so maybe they didn't actually put in the time or money to get it to that point.

After Ubisoft's Rayman Legends fiasco, yes.

I guess. I just didn't know that the situation had hit the point that there would be this much enthusiasm for literally any software. I mean, the Vita is pretty bad off too but even the thread for something like FFX HD has a ton of cynicism in it.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
So do we think this is going to coincide with a PS4 reveal Wednesday, or a Nintendo event coming up, or just because.

unless of course neither of orbango is out this holiday
Sony's event happening in a couple of days is pretty much confirmation that we'll see Orbis release this year, most likely in late October following precedent. And you can bet your ass that MS will pull out all the stops to be ready at the same time now that Sony has shown their hand if this wasn't the plan already.

Wonder how many compromises they'll have to make with the tech to get it running on the Wii U. What we saw last year was no easy feat.
Most likely the same compromises that they'll make for it to run on 360 and PS3. Wii U could have better textures if Ubi can get around the slow RAM issue. Criterion is doing it with NFS:MW but then again, they're some of the most non-lazy devs out there. Knowing Ubi, the 360, PS3 and Wii U versions will probably all be quite similar though.

Come on. It's not been officially confirmed, and Wii U third party support is a hot topic.

I was just asking, don't take offense ^^

I'm assuming that the leaked poster that said it was coming to all home consoles meant that Durango and Orbis are included. You're right though, no hard confirmation.

It depends on the release date, as we don't know exactly when they release it's possible they miss it or have a later port, that's what I wanted to say.

well there's certainly less confirmation of them than there is for wii u

Anyway, thank you all for your answers.

Sony's event happening in a couple of days is pretty much confirmation that we'll see Orbis release this year, most likely in late October following precedent. And you can bet your ass that MS will pull out all the stops to be ready at the same time now that Sony has shown their hand if this wasn't the plan already.

while i do expect both this holiday, wouldn't be entirely surprised if orbis was japan only til next year aand there has been suggestions ms is having terrible chip yield problems

anything is possible til they're actually on shop shelves

Amir0x

Banned
while i do expect both this holiday, wouldn't be entirely surprised if orbis was japan only til next year aand there has been suggestions ms is having terrible chip yield prooblems

wasn't there just a thread that suggested the Xbox would be out EARLIER that we thought (in September)?

Nairume

Banned
Most likely the same compromises that they'll make for it to run on 360 and PS3. Wii U could have better textures if Ubi can get around the slow RAM issue. Criterion is doing it with NFS:MW but then again, they're some of the most non-lazy devs out there. Knowing Ubi, the 360, PS3 and Wii U versions will probably all be quite similar though.
And the other versions will generally look like them simply by virtue of Ubisoft not being dumb enough to waste that much effort into it at this point.

Sacul64

Banned
We got an email today that Watchdogs is in the system now. It is listed under "Available Sku" for those systems until it gets official confirmation. No date on it yet. I took a crappy 3DS photo of the list if any one cares to see it.

http://i.imgur.com/yujsikf.jpg

Bad I know but that's the 3DS camera for you.

MDSLKTR

Why is this a 300+ post thread for a game that's being ported to all consoles and PC?

Are people actually that surprised by something like this?

This is how I picture op when he learned the news:

img8139.gif

This is everyone else reacting to a downport of a next gen game on current tech:

fan.gif

This is everyone else reacting to a downport of a next gen game on current tech:
I thought it was known for quite some time that there would be a current gen version of Watch Dogs. I could've sworn that someone was quoted a while back saying this was in the works.

Sacul64

Banned
Bayonetta 2 on May 2 confirmed.

The trick with gamestop dates is to ignore all dates not marked with SD (Street Date) next to the game title. Anything not marked with that are tentative and should be ignored. We got an email to star taking preorders on it using that sku. I even took one on the PS3 under the same "available Sku" listing. Gamestop would not risk cancellations on a game that is not coming out.

We got an email today that Watchdogs is in the system now. It is listed under "Available Sku" for those systems until it gets official confirmation. No date on it yet. I took a crappy 3DS photo of the list if any one cares to see it.

http://i.imgur.com/yujsikf.jpg

Bad I know but that's the 3DS camera for you.

Wow! Bayonneta 2, Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101 the same day!

The trick with gamestop dates is to ignore all dates not marked with SD (Street Date) next to the game title. Anything not marked with that are tentative and should be ignored. We got an email to star taking preorders on it using that sku. I even took one on the PS3 under the same "available Sku" listing. Gamestop would not risk cancellations on a game that is not coming out.

Deception. :(

Sacul64

Banned
Damn, you must have some excellent vision because I can't see shit :(

Sorry, as I said I only had my 3DS on me. I have an old Moterola phone and my vita stays at home. I also knew that if I printed it out I would forget it at work or just be to lazy to scan the paper so lazy bad pic it is.

Raist

Banned

Yeah. 02/05 and 01/01/14 definitely look suspicious.

Edit: For blind people

01/01/14 Aliens CM
03/05/13 Amazing Spiderman
05/02/13 Bayo 2
01/01/14 Game & Wario
04/16/13 Injustice GaU
01/01/14 TLoZ WW
03/05/13 Lego City U
10/30/13 Lego Marvel superheroes
03/13/13 MH3
03/13/13 NFS:MW
05/02/13 Pikmin 3
09/01/13 Rayman Legends
05/25/13 Sniper Elite 2
03/19/13 The Walking Dead
05/02/13 WiiFitU
05/02/13 The wonderful 101

Roo

^ Hey!!!

thanks.. I think :p

Sorry, as I said I only had my 3DS on me. I have an old Moterola phone and my vita stays at home. I also knew that if I printed it out I would forget it at work or just be to lazy to scan the paper so lazy bad pic it is.

It's ok, it's not your fault anyway. I was just pointing out that even with that image quality, he was able to read the name and dates :)

majik13

I thought it was known for quite some time that there would be a current gen version of Watch Dogs. I could've sworn that someone was quoted a while back saying this was in the works.

Yeah,at E3, PS3, 360 and PC were the only officially confirmed platforms.

so, not sure how a WiiU version would change anyone's expectation on the game.

It obviously made sense with that info, that it would be a cross generational game. And makes sounds business sense.

jmizzal

Minus the owning a wii u part this x1000. Its like buying the show 12 on ps2 over ps3.

I seriously dont get any excitement over this. If anything its disheartening because its shackled to current hardware.

WiiU doesnt get game - LOL WiiU cant even get real Next Gen game, Nintendo is doomed

WiiU gets game - Why are they wasting their time on the WiiU just make it for real Next Gen consoles

smh

Top Bottom