• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Box Office: 'Wonder Woman' Holding Better Than Any Superhero Movie in 15 Years

Yeah the gross of BVS is baffling to me. No matter the quality of the film, how did it do the measely numbers it did domestic! Just how!!!

Well done to WW. I feel like she filled the vaccuum say the katniss led hunger games had. Strong female orientated action film

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Carol gonna be huge

even though I am not much of a fan of her in the comic books
If your talking about comparable to we eh I'm really not seeing it. Even if the film we really great, WW is on track to be a similar level of success as gotg 2. Even as far as great marvel origin movies go it would have to do exceptionally well to reach we final take let alone surpass it and ww is by far the bigger name between the two. They've missed this particular boat (watershed moment of first major female comic book movie) but the era it's ushered in in I'm sure it'll do very well.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
So if I'm reading this right, this is doing way better than TDK in terms of legs, I take it? Meanwhile, Spirited Away gets kicked off the top grossing anime pedestal by Your Name and the Transformers films are finally starting to lose steam.

This has been a pretty fun year for box-office GAF.

So if I'm reading this right, this is doing way better than TDK in terms of legs, I take it? Meanwhile, Spirited Away gets kicked off the top grossing anime pedestal by Your Name and the Transformers films are finally starting to lose steam.

This has been a pretty fun year for box-office GAF.

And don't forget that Baby Driver is a success somehow.

GhaleonEB

Yeah the gross of BVS is baffling to me. No matter the quality of the film, how did it do the measely numbers it did domestic! Just how!!!

Well done to WW. I feel like she filled the vaccuum say the katniss led hunger games had. Strong female orientated action film

More than half of everything BvS earned was in its first 48 hours of release. The hype was real. So was the stink once people got a sniff of it.

Angel_DvA

It's a good origin story, a bit too long and the third act was really bad but it's the best modern DC movie. It's success is primarily domestic, it isn't as successful internationally but I'm sure the sequel will do better.

I'm ready for it as long as the rumors for it are false.

I liked it, but I don't think it will crack my top 10 superhero films of all time list.

It probably didn't hurt that the rest of June's new movie slate turned out to be box office poison.

Top Bottom