• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

PR_rambo

Banned
Smith has really good power but can not box at all. Doesn't jab, doesn't throw any combos, he was going for the home run the entire ten rounds.

And his defense is so bad, he looked really awkward, was flashing the shoulder roll for some reason.

Barrera looked night and day going from The pound 4 pound king to the guy who KO'D a 50 year old.

no ban bets though

yea just a regular friendly bet, get ready to lose
UFxeIAh.png

Tom_Cody

Which version of this gif is better? Real time or slow motion?

UncommonSneakyHousefly.gif

ExcellentHarshBufeo.gif

I'm working on an OT for the Broner-Garcia fight this weekend.

Here's the one I have picked out for Garcia:

NimbleEnchantingEquine.gif

Which version of this gif is better? Real time or slow motion?

UncommonSneakyHousefly.gif

ExcellentHarshBufeo.gif

I'm working on an OT for the Broner-Garcia fight this weekend.

Here's the one I have picked out for Garcia:

NimbleEnchantingEquine.gif

Definitely slow motion. It's hard to see the punches land in the real time gif due to Broner's back blocking the action from that camera angle

Usyk vs. Huck happening in my fucking backyard, OH YES. Gonna get a ticket as soon as they go online. Last Huck fight I attended was the Lebedev fight which had a pretty stacked undercard with Povetkin and Pulev if I remember correctly. I hope this card will be as good.

Mikey compared Broner to a monkey in a tweet. Not a good look at all. Wonder what he was thinking?

Broner will be far stronger and more physical, but unlikely he could win, unless he fights completely differently from what we've ever seen. He just doesn't have any feet movement. He basically just stands in the same place, and Mikey will probably just be able to circle around him and pick him off.

If Broner can get his hands on Mikey he could wreck him. But Broner, is a stand still counter puncher.

God, I have a problem

I'm a fan of both Boxing and MMA, but one of my friends talks about how boxing isn't real fighting and that they are not true warriors like they are in MMA

how do you even respond to that, how would you respond if someone said that

BadAss2961

God, I have a problem

I'm a fan of both Boxing and MMA, but one of my friends talks about how boxing isn't real fighting and that they are not true warriors like they are in MMA

MMA is still in its infancy compared to boxing. Filling the void for people willing to fight for a living who wouldn't make it in boxing. The best athletes typically go where the money is, and boxing is higher on that chain than MMA.

Boxing has developed over centuries. The skill level required is ridiculously high at this point outside the heavier weight classes, compared to MMA where it's easier for tough guys from other sports backgrounds to become relevant. In fact, mostly all MMA fighters start from another sport or form of competition. That's how young it still is.

In a nutshell... While MMA is closer to a fight to the death, on average, the guys participating aren't all that special yet.

Leunam

God, I have a problem

Fighting compared to what? Like a fight in the streets? MMA still has rules, a closed ring, a referee. Trying to compare them both to each other and figuring out which one is closer to the 'real thing' ignores the fact that outside of a controlled environment it's not always one on one and trying to fight fair means you're likely going to lose or worse be killed.

Turin

Banned
God, I have a problem

Tell that to Dook Ku Kim, Diego Corrales, Evander Holyfield or Marvin Hagler.

Does he think he can beat a boxer in a fight? It's a very useful skill set have with you and obviously has been beneficial to many MMA fighters.

Broner is talented but has been a letdown in his toughest fights so I got Mikey winning that.

Jesus Christ. Why can't Wlad just retire?
I mean the guy bored to me to death most of the time but he came pretty close to beating AJ so it's not like the rematch is a bad fight.

That said, Joshua as champ is much better for the Heavyweight division. So I hope he stops Wlad again

Guys I need some help: The betting line on Mayweather by stoppage is 1.61 at the moment which is completely insane because Floyd is clearly gonna stop the fraud. My question is: should I put money on the result right now or wait a bit? Do you expect the odds to improve in my favour as the fight approaches?

PR_rambo

Banned
He is going out after a nice competitive effort, not as a washed out has been, right move. And now we truly move forward from the Klitschko era.

Top Bottom