• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

JLG-

SSGMUN10000

Connoisseur Of Tedium
Ok, this is officially the worst year in boxing i've ever seen.
Every damn week it's something.

Sure seems like it. There is also some controversy about Chavez Jr. on not taking his drug test after his fight. Hopefully we can get some type of reform. Even with that said there are some good matchups left this year barring anyone else caught with illegal substance. Tomorrow we have Ortiz-Lopez and Soto-Matthyse which figure to be pretty entertaining fights.

SSGMUN10000

Connoisseur Of Tedium
Wow I really didn't think Lopez would pull the upset. Stopped watching right after the fight was stopped. Yup so much for that Canelo fight. Once again Ortiz shows how mentally weak he is.

Awesome

Banned
Arthur Abraham fought with a busted jaw to finish one his fights.

Yeah that's because he doesn't have a brain, if you get your jaw broken and still get hit you can permanently damage the whole area which would of course be hell for the rest of your life. Ortiz is smart but he unfortunately is going to be drinking through a straw for a month.

Shearie

Arthur Abraham fought with a busted jaw to finish one his fights.

Sure, but not many people, even boxers, are tough enough to fight on with a broken jaw. I think it's pretty understandable for the guy to quit under the circumstances. He did after all come back from 2 knockdowns from a roided up Berto to win that fight.

Shearie

More Twitter stupidity; some people seem to think that Ortiz quitting from a broken jaw is another atrocity to the sport of Boxing. :

SSGMUN10000

Connoisseur Of Tedium
Well I guess we don't have to decide which ppv to watch on sept 15. Martinez vs Chavez is going to be a good barring some type setback.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Dead sport here because it's dominated by Non-US fighters.

The Klitschko's both draw huge crowds in Europe.

Wlad just dominated then stopped him.

The M.O.B

Decent fight for Nonito, but he needs to stop loading up his shots so often and early aimed at the Head. He didn't go to the body at all.

Mathebula took about 4-5 rounds though to me.

Esch

Banned
Decent fight for Nonito, but he needs to stop loading up his shots so often and early aimed at the Head. He didn't go to the body at all.

Mathebula took about 4-5 rounds though to me.
Donaire fights to his level. If its a mediocre opponent. Ehhh.

If its something that matters, he tries.

Weird guy.

jchap

I think the HBO team was trying to pitch the fight as closer than it actually was. I had Mathebula only winning 2 or maybe 3 rounds.

Avtomat

Haye - Chisora starting in just over an hour. Amir Khan fight is also today, looking forward to both.

I will be watching but Haye v Chisora has all hype and no delivery written all over it.

All been set up to trumpet up the "beef" for 2 boxers just looking for a pay day.

Yeah, Kahn is on Sky and Haye vs Chisora is on Boxnation.

Boxnation?
LLShC.gif

Top Bottom