• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default: Flying Fairy twitter account says they can hear the overseas fans

Pikma

Banned
Come on, we need something more concrete. :(

FFX HD before E3. With one small animation shown. When they announced KH 1.5 with much more media...and a fall date for the west.

Yep, seems legit. That's without bringing Versus up.

This, just by reading that part you know it's bullshit, SE doesn't have shit, if they had they would have already shown it.

nasos_333

I think there are just too many things pointing to a probable release

1. two tweets from Square saying they hear people and will see to it

2. Square asking what games we want to see and almost all answers contained Bravely Default

3. the supposed confirmation from the guy that said All the Bravest was not BD related

4. petition has gone to 2500 votes

5. the game is 70+ hours and stunning looking, couldnt get better really

6. 3DS is in its prime, with huge sales and demand for games

7. Twitter and facebook of BD and Square are full of requests for the game

8. many articles have been written about the game and asking for its localization, latest Gameinformer had a preview i think too

I think chances are good

zroid

Banned
On the other hand, the FFX thing is just so outlandish that if it SOMEHOW ends up being true, you pretty much have to believe the rest. :lol

CorvoSol

3. the supposed confirmation
8. many articles have been written about the game and asking for its localization, latest Gameinformer had a preview i think too

I think chances are good

None of those things helped Type-0 in the slightest.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
3DS, while doing not spectacular in the west, isn't a dead system like the PSP is nor is it super floundering like the Vita.

Square is stuck between a rock and a hard place here. It's too good of a game to waste on PSN only release. The Vita just isn't there for sales so that's not a great place to port it and they're sacred for some reason to do an HD up port despite probably being the best option for it.

Meanwhile 3DS is going to gain a ton of RPG players this year with Fire Emblem and Pokémon (and to a lesser extent niche games like EOIV, Soul Hackers, Rune Factory that people have been waiting for to come out) and hell even Animal Crossing. It's a good year to try and get this out.

Eusis

it being on a dead system in the west outweighs everything else on the list by a wide margin.
Exactly. Of course SE could be dumb and treat the 3DS similarly, they did want insane numbers for the CT port as I recall, despite successfully selling hundreds of thousands of copies.

But it's why I'm cautiously optimistic. There's a push within SE, Nintendo wants to get third parties bringing games out here so they might at least cover the marketing budget, and there's actual, lasting demand which wasn't really there for other SE games other than Type-0 that got skipped on, and even Type-0's probably a lock once it's ported to anything actually relevant. Unless SE is both that scared of the content AND editing it out (or is fully on board the "3DS is doomed!" train outside of Japan) a localization seems plausible. I doubt they'd even use 4 Heroes of Light (fully) for determining whether to bring this over or pass, given that also tanked in Japan unlike this.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
3DS, while doing not spectacular in the west, isn't a dead system like the PSP is nor is it super floundering like the Vita.

Square is stuck between a rock and a hard place here. It's too good of a game to waste on PSN only release. The Vita just isn't there for sales so that's not a great place to port it and they're sacred for some reason to do an HD up port despite probably being the best option for it.

Meanwhile 3DS is going to gain a ton of RPG players this year with Fire Emblem and Pokémon (and to a lesser extent niche games like EOIV, Soul Hackers, Rune Factory that people have been waiting for to come out) and hell even Animal Crossing. It's a good year to try and get this out.

I doubt they're scared. There's probably better reasons like an HD port might not jive well with SCEA, or they might want to think ahead if they're planning to let Tabata continue the series on 3DS or Vita.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
No it's entirely because they're too scared to attempt a PSN only release. They're definitely too scared to bother with Vita after its launch besides the token effort of FF X "HD".

VtLFR9u.jpg
But this has been in localization since last year...

Eusis

But this has been in localization since last year...
Seriously? I hadn't heard anything of that.

But more importantly it's an MMO for the Wii. Being DQ they could go ahead and just do that late into the system's life in Japan, but in the rest of the world it'd be more practical to just localize at a more leisurely pace and hit the Wii U release, which far as I know is soon to happen in Japan but hasn't yet.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Someone else on Gamefaqs has left a message for Kagari in a few lengthy posts quoted below. (Note that this person made an account a day ago)

Square Enix must have an amazingly efficient debug and certification staff if voice recording is just going to start in July when the game is due for a winter release. Sounds like bullshit to me.

1. two tweets from Square saying they hear people and will see to it

2. Square asking what games we want to see and almost all answers contained Bravely Default

3. the supposed confirmation from the guy that said All the Bravest was not BD related

6. 3DS is in its prime, with huge sales and demand for games

I think chances are good

The game is 70+ hours? Man I WANT THIS NOW!!!

Eusis

I don't deny it, but I still doubt that something like "looking pretty" helps Bravely Default at all.
Well, it DOES imply a solid budget they'll want to more more of a return on and being a bit easier to market even if it's not a style that's very popular over here. It can only help so much though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
SE was very happy with how BD sold. They announced intentions for a sequel what, about a month after they released it?

CorvoSol

The game is 70+ hours? Man I WANT THIS NOW!!!

I dunno. 70 hours can be good, if its time you spend voluntarily, like Pokemon or Dissidia, but 70 storyline screams of dragging things out and that's no good to me. I could be wrong, I'd love to be, but I mean, I dunno.

Well, it DOES imply a solid budget they'll want to more more of a return on and being a bit easier to market even if it's not a style that's very popular over here. It can only help so much though.

Implications when it comes to SE these days are empty promises. There's been sufficient time for Square to say something to get that same return on Type-0, but there it is. Until I read the words "Bravely Default to be localized" from a more reputable source than obscure Spanish sites or newly created GameFAQs accounts, I can't believe it. Even developer statements "We are planning on bringing it over" and "We want to bring it over" mean nothing to me now.

It's rather like when you're a child, and mom and dad say "We'll think about it" or "We're thinking about it" or even, as my father did one time "the management has taken your accounts into consideration" we all know it means "No." Until it's actually happening, no claims, promises, or statements mean anything. Not anymore, not from Square. Putting any faith in them now is as wise an investment as betting on a one-legged horse.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
I still dont believe this cost would be anything much comparing to the sales profit from such a title

Just because you don't believe doesn't mean that the cost is not high. As much as the I am anticipating the game, I'm not seeing anything more than 200K if KH 3D and Theatrhythm are any indications. And this game is supposedly fill with voice acting and text that makes localisation expensive.

nasos_333

Just because you don't believe doesn't mean that the cost is not high. As much as the I am anticipating the game, I'm not seeing anything more than 200K if KH 3D and Theatrhythm are any indications. And this game is supposedly fill with voice acting and text that makes localisation expensive.

I am not judging the absolute cost, only the relation to the profit

Usually when they make a whole game, they have a rather big budget and expect to break even with sales

They obviously did that with sales from Japan alone, so even if localization somehow costs as much as making the whole game, even then similar sales to Japan (which is extremely low for such a game worldwide sales) would let them have a profit

And i doubt localization is even 1/10 the budget of the whole rest of the game

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
I am not judging the absolute cost, only the relation to the profit

Usually when they make a whole game, they have a rather big budget and expect to break even with sales

They obviously did that with sales from Japan alone, so even if localization somehow costs as much as making the whole game, even then similar sales to Japan (which is extremely low for such a game worldwide sales) would let them have a profit

And i doubt localization is even 1/10 the budget of the whole rest of the game

I don't know...Let's just say that i would rather trust, say Zefah's analysis, rather than yours. Sales is not really guranteed and even then there's also opportunities costs to consider.

Someone else on Gamefaqs has left a message for Kagari in a few lengthy posts quoted below. (Note that this person made an account a day ago)

Ahahahahahahahahahahaha...
/Tidus and Yuna Fake Laughter.

Sorry for being a noob, but why is Kagari's opinion super important here?
Is she working for SE?

Because she has contacts. But even if she didn't, I'd say comon sense. Gamefaqs doesn't seems to be a reliable place, so in both cases, she's right to remain skeptical. I'd say BDFF twitter is more reliable.

vareon

Sorry for being a noob, but why is Kagari's opinion super important here?
Is she working for SE?

CMIIW, she has a fansite and was invited to SE's press events and such. When compared to the guy claiming an "insider" without being specific, Kagari is the more credible source, even if only slightly (I don't know if there's any other relation about her and SE, etc).

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
The person did say they would be playing FFX before June. They did not specifically say FFX HD. Nor say on what platform. Seems like a misconception if you ask me. The entire outburst could go either way from my perspective. Considering it's so vague.

friz898

I can't stand to use GameFAQs much for it's message boards really anymore. The posting age seems to be a lower average. It's still a good site for it's original purpose though.

That being said, don't get too elitist here folks, they're the same people as NeoGAF, just possibly slightly overall younger, and it takes 3-6 months to get an account here instead of 3-6 seconds there.

demidar

I can't stand to use GameFAQs much for it's message boards really anymore. The posting age seems to be a lower average. It's still a good site for it's original purpose though.

That being said, don't get too elitist here folks, they're the same people as NeoGAF, just possibly slightly overall younger, and it takes 3-6 months to get an account here instead of 3-6 seconds there.

Well needing a paid email account does keep a lot of riff-raff outta here, makes people value their accounts more. GameFAQs is still the number one place for guides though so there's that.

friz898

Well needing a paid email account does keep a lot of riff-raff outta here, makes people value their accounts more. GameFAQs is still the number one place for guides though so there's that.

I forgot about this, you're right.

My main email is a yahoo address since 1997, but fortunately I had my military email address, that I rarely use, for NeoGAF.

Edit: Maybe now *I* will be the one who sounds elitist lol, but GameFAQs is kind of like "NeoGAF Jr." but the point remains, they're the same people, passionate gamers who actually make time in their lives for a silly message board related to their passionate hobby.

demidar

I forgot about this, you're right.

My main email is a yahoo address since 1997, but fortunately I had my military email address, that I rarely use, for NeoGAF.

Edit: Maybe now *I* will be the one who sounds elitist lol, but GameFAQs is kind of like "NeoGAF Jr." but the point remains, they're the same people, passionate gamers who actually make time in their lives for a silly message board related to their passionate hobby.

Hmm maybe. This forum is also very well moderated, insulting others, derailing threads/threadshitting and responding with tl;dr/didn't read lol nets you a ban. The moderators are like teachers in a primary school except they actually have the power to bitchslap shitty children.

nasos_333

I don't know...Let's just say that i would rather trust, say Zefah's analysis, rather than yours. Sales is not really guranteed and even then there's also opportunities costs to consider.

Ahahahahahahahahahahaha...
/Tidus and Yuna Fake Laughter.

Sales are not guranteed of course, but they should be expected

I think it's fair to say we'll never see Type 0...or Valkyria Chronicles 3. Makes me very sad inside. :( *cry*

If we can get Bravely Default, it's some consolation.

On another note, I don't see why SE won't re-release Type 0 as a Vita retail game for the west. I'd rather much see that than FFXHD. How about port it to the 3DS? Same with Valkyria Chronicles 3? Shouldn't these options be somewhat reasonable? Don't understand why they're just letting them die off and forgotten when there are a lot of fans wanting it.

fates

I'd believe BD's localization over DQ10's. I can kinda understand if DQ10 doesn't come over. It really would be a hard sell for most people and it probably wouldn't catch on at all or not enough to justify server expenses and such.

friz898

Just what I was told, S____a could certainly be wrong about it. Do you know for sure otherwise?

The Hugh Bowen survey a month back lends some credence to it too, unless that was a fake?

That's not how it works buddy.

See, try this: "FF Versus has been renamed to FF XV and is now mult-plat."

(At least that is what I was told)

Do you know for sure otherwise?

Aka: Do you basically work for SE and are willing to provide some kind of proof and break NDA and lose your job to "be right" on a gaming message board among strangers?

They could be working on DQ XI, KH 3, and FF XV right now along with everything else and you can assume it is happening but until you get a press release or a lot of linked scans (like AC IV) then it's "not happening".

Javier

I'd believe BD's localization over DQ10's. I can kinda understand if DQ10 doesn't come over. It really would be a hard sell for most people and it probably wouldn't catch on at all or not enough to justify server expenses and such.
If Nintendo is serious about the Wii U's library getting more 3rd party support, they have to bring DQ10 over.

I really, REALLY don't see them passing on that one.

friz898

^^ Hope you are right but unless the very end of this year or sometime 2014, they may see it as competiton for FF14 and they really, really need the US MMO market for FF14 which they obviously care more about.

Now I relize one is ps3/pc and other is Wii U but still I think this point still factors in. If it stays strong in JP then they may bring it late to US if you consider Xbox late release of FF XI.

I would put money on DQ7r though.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I'd like to think DQ7 and BDFF will come over but I won't believe it until I see it.

However it is likely that both won't be going anywhere until after Pokemon X/Y.

That's not how it works buddy.

See, try this: "FF Versus has been renamed to FF XV and is now mult-plat."

(At least that is what I was told)

Do you know for sure otherwise?

Aka: Do you basically work for SE and are willing to provide some kind of proof and break NDA and lose your job to "be right" on a gaming message board among strangers?

They could be working on DQ XI, KH 3, and FF XV right now along with everything else and you can assume it is happening but until you get a press release or a lot of linked scans (like AC IV) then it's "not happening".
How it works? Look, I'm no insider and unlike some around here I don't pretend to be. I just passed along what I'd heard and pretty obviously spelled out where it came from. Take it or leave it.

demidar

I think localizing DQX as is would be a terrible idea, there is already a huge backlash against subscription based MMOs combined with the lesser popularity of Dragon Quest it might not even make a return on a small, faithful subscription base.

nasos_333

I think localizing DQX as is would be a terrible idea, there is already a huge backlash against subscription based MMOs combined with the lesser popularity of Dragon Quest it might not even make a return on a small, faithful subscription base.

I dont think it would work either, JRPGs are known for their SP qualities more than anything

Top Bottom