• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| A better Final Fantasy than Final Fantasy

Gambit

Can't wait. Judging by the demo I will really enjoy the job system. I'd like to really tinker with it and take some atypical jobs like pirate. Hopefully they will also be helpful.

Maybe that's a question for Aeana: are only the standard jobs (black mage, fighter, etc.) worth your while?

lol this boxart...

Reggie please.

Reggie doesn't give a flying fairy

Ikon

Don't expect the full OST in the CE either. I hope the Deluxe Artbook is complete at least.
Haha, such a downer - next you're telling me the game isn't really all that? ;)

I will go preorder this tomorrow - I don't dare risking a repeat of Fire Emblem. That game was impossible to find here for a while.

DKoops

Neo Member
Okay, but there is no gameplay mechanic locked behind StreetPass that I couldn't get by exchanging my Friend Code, right?
I imagine it'll pretty difficult for me to find other BD players near my area, so I'd rather rely on having a bunch of Friend Codes exchanged.

Nope! It will be fine. :)

EDIT: Beaten!

Kater

Banned
The official twitter account got an interesting header image.
kaWoTdh.jpg

It seems like that design was scrapped in favor of the Bravo Bunny.
ox60QLg.png
Should have put Ringabel in that bunny suit instead. :p

RaikuHebi

Banned
Anyone who played 4 Heroes of Light would've known this was coming :p.

(I actually haven't played it, but have read a review of it).

Shame the special edition is so expensive. Not dropping £90 at shop two when I don't really want the figurine.

It probably won't drop in price either will it, seeing as its a retailer exclusive :(.

DigitalDevilSummoner

zero cognitive reasoning abilities
concerning the title of the thread; if we were to compare the game to FF XIII it's definitely a better rpg because XIII was never made as a straight forward rpg since it heavily relies on tactical elements and not armor, potions or even level.

unless we are comparing it to X or XII which sounds petty for an OT

it's a more old school FF that definitely doesn't have the hideous chibi art from IX.

The demo didn't grab me, but maybe I need to give it a better chance.

Just not sure I have the time or drive right now.

The demo is not very good in the sense, it basically throws you into the game with not a clear explanation of how the game works. Also it can take a while until you can start mixing the different abilities and jobs. But once you do so, you will realize that this is indeed an amazing game, even within the demo restrictions.

BTW, anyone knows how to unlock costumes ? I heard that those Dengeki costumes were supposed to be included in Overseas version...

Zenaku

Don't expect the full OST in the CE either. I hope the Deluxe Artbook is complete at least.

Sadly, the Deluxe artbook is unlikely to compare to the official artbook releasing alongside the game in Japan. It's huge (256 pages), and even contains artwork from 4 Heroes of Light.

Jhoan

lol this boxart...

Reggie please.

why is that NoA boxart so awful
Reggie pls

We can always start a hashtag and tweet at Nintendo to get them into adding the European/Japanese box art as a reversible cover. If it catches fire, we can get our way. It worked for Bioshock Infinite and Xenoblade since Nintendo was nice enough to let people vote on the reversible cover. Maybe #USBravelyDefaultBoxArtChange or something shorter along those lines. Nintendo reasoning is probably something along the lines of "guys love curves, let's put a fairy on it."

I have 4 Heroes of Light in my wish list, but not getting it any time soon. I didn't know this was sequel to 4 Heroes of Light but then again, putting two and two together (the art style), I'd figure it'd be something in the vain of the Square Enix DS games.

Don't understand why FF: 4 Heroes of Light doesn't get more love here as I adored that game but I'm even more excited for Bravely Default. Day one for US release definitely for me. Just deciding between the normal and collector's edition now - decisions decisions.

Anyone know anything about the artbook that comes with the CE version - especially for the US release? I can't find anything about it online which always bothers me with that type of pre-order bonus, like I want to know if it will be hard cover, how many pages it will be, if all of them will be in color, the dimensions of the book, etc.
You'll want to check out this thread: Bravely Default CE announced for North America - February 7th
Is there gonna be a separate OT for the release in the Americas?

Had some other OT covers that seem to have dissapeared from my Imgur but you guys can use this, if there's gonna be one:

It's a sequel?

Damn, gotta track down a copy asap.

Not a sequel, it's an enhanced version of the original.

Goli

Ooo, ooh! If there's gonna be a separate one then I wanna make it!
Looking forward to everyone's impressions in this thread though.

Ooo, ooh! If there's gonna be a separate one then I wanna make it!
Looking forward to everyone's impressions in this thread though.

If you are gonna make it, send me a PM or tweet me and I'll help you with what I can/send you the stuff I've used etc.

Both look fine, I prefer the European one though.

Don't regret it, because the 3D really adds a lot to this game's visual charm.

I really hope people don't play this on an XL. Dreadful pixel density, it would do a great disservice to the game. That can be said for all 3DS games I suppose.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Based on similar situations with other games, my guess would be no seperate OT for NA release

lol this boxart...

Reggie please.

Don't really understand what the problem is with the box art. Isn't this the same art that was on the original Bravely Default released in Japan?

I really hope people don't play this on an XL. Dreadful pixel density, it would do a great disservice to the game. That can be said for all 3DS games I suppose.

Come February, this will remain in my "OG" 3DS cartridge slot for a while...

ramyeon

I'm... going to have to disagree. It looks fine on the XL.

And at the end of the day that is probably what most people are going to be playing on.

I just really hate the XL and it's blur-o-vision. If you don't mind it for other games you've played on it, you probably won't mind it for BD either.

Firemind

*secret 4HOL handshake*

What I liked the most about 4HOL is the sense of adventure and the simplicity of the story and gameplay mechanics. No politics, no romance, no drama, no sense of duty followed by sulking, no overarching plot no one understands. Just you and your merry band of warriors and mages. It was a breath of fresh air.

Also, that final boss fight was balls hard. Damn, son. Made everything worth it and a fitting conclusion to one of the best RPGs of the last generation.

Top Bottom