• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BREAKING: All PS1 Games (discs included) Now Playable on PSP Via Remote Play

Amon37

acidviper said:
Man that's sad. Are you people really justifying your PS3 purchase with meaningless features. Sure it looks interesting and buggy, but if you've paid $500-1000 in consoles to play PS1 games, yeesh.

Man that's sad. Are you really justifying trolling this thread with your meaningless comments?

Firewire

Banned
acidviper said:
Man that's sad. Are you people really justifying your PS3 purchase with meaningless features. Sure it looks interesting and buggy, but if you've paid $500-1000 in consoles to play PS1 games, yeesh.

Your post was full of fail.

acidviper said:

86pfh1j.gif

Firewire

Banned
Jim said:
Which is why the Daxter pack is actually sold out online at a lot of retailers... Not available at Amazon, Best Buy, Circuit City, Buy.com, EBGames.com, etc. It's selling REALLY well.

Damn! I knew the new PSP's were doing well, but hell it looks like its doing awesome!

sprocket

Banned
RandomVince said:
After 20 minutes I finally realised this means portable MGS1.

Oh my.

Only if you want to run home and switch disks! lol.

Seriously this is going to own once we get more PS1 games in the store. It will be like a PSX juke box!

DarkKyo

Wait.. do we need some sort of special accesory to save to a PS1 memory card? It can't save to the PS3 hard drive?... sigh...

Firewire

Banned
Dechaios said:
Wait.. do we need some sort of special accesory to save to a PS1 memory card? It can't save to the PS3 hard drive?... sigh...

You can transfer saves from PSP to PS3 and vice versa, no problem!

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
Dechaios said:
Games saves are stored on the PS3 hard drive.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
acidviper said:

this post is actually kind of funny if you think about it.

6 years ago, hell even a year ago -- playing games that are at home wirelessly, miles away from home wasn't even dreamed possible...yet its now a "meaningless" feature that isn't worth 500 to 1000 bucks.

if this technology were available during the PS1 era, wouldn't it have been worth AT LEAST 500-1000 dollars to people?

DieH@rd

Banned
What kind of internet connection is needed for solid gameplay over internet Remote play? What kind of upload speed is needed for PS3?

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
kaching said:
The PSP is solely a wireless device though.

Like others have said, get a wireless router. Well worth it for the expanded flexibility it'll give your home network connection.

yes oh wait....nvm I'm not even paying attention.

BUT its still possible if your away from your hosue to do it without the need of a wireless router. I have one but i know for a fact its possible. BUT I agree get a wireless router. Who have all wired these days!

tanod

when is my burrito
DieH@rd said:
What kind of internet connection is needed for solid gameplay over internet Remote play? What kind of upload speed is needed for PS3?

Cable or DSL should be fine. Also, I've found that if your PS3 is connected to your home network via a wired connection, that reduces latency as well.

RandomVince said:
After 20 minutes I finally realised this means portable MGS1.

Oh my.

Do you have a loved one or pet with opposable thumbs to swap discs for you?

EDIT: Now I can't get the image of my dumbass cat trying to swap discs for me while I'm at work out of my head. "C'mon Arlo, daddy needs to fight Metal Gear"

gray_fox224

acidviper said:

You getting banned is not a shocker. Thread derailer.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Power Move Pro Wrestling and Road Rash...on the go? Oh my.

I can see this slightly ticking off publishers who're putting old-school compilations on the PSP format, but so be it. This is awesome.

anddo0

Dechaios said:
I'm trying to save a game in Chrono Cross and it says "NO MEMORY CARD FOUND IN MEMORY CARD SLOT 1!"

.. =(

did you create a virtual PS1 MC slot?

btw- there is no option to change the screen size while in remote play.
PS1 look better in 4:3 anyway.

DieH@rd

Banned
DieH@rd said:

tanod said:
Cable or DSL should be fine. Also, I've found that if your PS3 is connected to your home network via a wired connection, that reduces latency as well.

Im interested in exact numbers. For example, will 512k upload be enough for PS3 for stable gameplay?

anddo0 said:
Gran Turismo finally on PSP :lol
Custom firmware says hi. :)

anddo0

DieH@rd said:
Im interested in exact numbers. For example, will 512k upload be enough for PS3 for stable gameplay?

Custom firmware says hi. :)

true but I don't believe in that stuff. I support the platform :)

Firewire

Banned
davepoobond said:
this post is actually kind of funny if you think about it.

6 years ago, hell even a year ago -- playing games that are at home wirelessly, miles away from home wasn't even dreamed possible...yet its now a "meaningless" feature that isn't worth 500 to 1000 bucks.

if this technology were available during the PS1 era, wouldn't it have been worth AT LEAST 500-1000 dollars to people?

Seriously, when Sony first started talking about this like a year or so ago, I was thinking maybe 3-5 years from now or something. But to see this working now, its almost unbelievable.

I think this weekend I'm going to go on a search for some PS1 games.

FabCam

How much fucking battery life does the PSP need to install an update! It's on 50% and says "using external power source" yet still says it doesn't have enough power to install the bloody update!

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
I bought a PSP very early one, and then sold it later 'cause there wasn't much to brag about on it back then. I was confident that I'd get one again someday, as I was hoping for (or expecting) a revision of the PSP as well as a decent amount of good games.

I was right in both, but I never ever expected a feature like this!

I'm now ready to buy a new one. I must get my wife to buy one now. NOW, I say!

Okay, maybe I'll be happy with one for christmas eve, but I won't wait any longer.

FabCam said:
How much fucking battery life does the PSP need to install an update! It's on 50% and says "using external power source" yet still says it doesn't have enough power to install the bloody update!

I'm pretty sure you have to have it fully charged when you install an update. At least that's what instructions say and I've always done it like that.

Firewire said:
Seriously, when Sony first started talking about this like a year or so ago, I was thinking maybe 3-5 years from now or something. But to see this working now, its almost unbelievable.

Same here. Sony needs some more downloadable ps1 rpgs. Wild Arms is fun as hell, but I'm speaking mainly of FFVII. Guaranteed top download on psn!

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
FabCam said:
I was able to do the update with a 71% charge plugged in.

DoubleTap

Firewire said:

Are there still GameStops with PS1 sections? I can't find my copy of GT1 and 2! :(

Firewire

Banned
Choke on the Magic said:
Same here. Sony needs some more downloadable ps1 rpgs. Wild Arms is fun as hell, but I'm speaking mainly of FFVII. Guaranteed top download on psn!

I know the rpg's available kinda suck right now. I wish I was Japanese, they have a great selection of games on the Japanese PSN! :lol

FabCam

RumFore said:
So if I leave my PS3 on while I'm gone and fly to another country I can play the game thats in it on my PSP?

Or you could turn it off, then turn it on when you're in that other country via remote play. Then play the PS1 game, via remote play. Then, when you're done, turn the PS3 off, via remote play. :D

RumFore said:
So if I leave my PS3 on while I'm gone and fly to another country I can play the game thats in it on my PSP?

You dont leave it "on". You toggle an option that enables you to turn on your Ps3 remotely.

Dante

RumFore said:

Yeah and you don't even have to keep the PS3 on just activate remote play and you can turn it on and off via the PSP.

Beaten twice over.

Balls in your court Sony.

Tobal
Motor Toon GP
Loaded
Omega Boost
Einhander
FFVII

Via PSN.

Want my money?

Firewire

Banned
DoubleTap said:
Are there still GameStops with PS1 sections? I can't find my copy of GT1 and 2! :(

Well my EB has trade-ins available sometimes, but the best place to find older games at good prices are large fea markets. There is a huge one about 30 minutes away & they usually have 2 different booths that have huge selections available. But its buyer beware! Insist on checking out the disc's!

Yagharek

UnholySpectacle said:
Do you have a loved one or pet with opposable thumbs to swap discs for you?

EDIT: Now I can't get the image of my dumbass cat trying to swap discs for me while I'm at work out of my head. "C'mon Arlo, daddy needs to fight Metal Gear"

Trained goldfish. :D

Firewire said:
I know the rpg's available kinda suck right now. I wish I was Japanese, they have a great selection of games on the Japanese PSN! :lol

No kidding I found an awesome tactics rpg demo on the Japanese PSN but couldn't figure out what the hell they were saying. In the end I got murdered.

Firewire

Banned
Fusebox said:
Every time I convince myself that I don't want a PS3...something like this comes along.

There has never been a better time! Just think, somewhere out there a PS3 is just waiting for you! :lol

Choke on the Magic said:
No kidding I found an awesome tactics rpg demo on the Japanese PSN but couldn't figure out what the hell they were saying. In the end I got murdered.

:lol

oneHeero said:
I dont own a psp but let me get this straight;

I can put FF7 in my Ps3 and play it from my PSP in my bedroom? While my gf watches Tila Tequila on the same TV as the Ps3 runs in the background?
amirite?

PSP +1 in sales if so.

Can you put FF7 in ANY PS3 and play it from your PSP?

I mean, 20 gig, 40, 60 & 80 gig...any restrictions?

RumFore said:

I call bullshit.

I'm trying to wrap my brain around how that works...and can't.

Someone needs to prove this during/after the Xmas holidays.

Top Bottom