• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breath of the Wild is the official subtitle for Zelda U/NX, first gameplay trailer

dlauv

So, this is more impressive than I could have ever expected. Zelda was stale crap and I can't believe I'm excited to play one for the first time since I was excited to play Twilight Princess (which ended up sucking).

This E3 has been full of exciting curveballs.

Looks amazing!

So random guess about the structure of the game. I think each area will have X amount of shrine of trials, each area will focus on like 5 rune types, or other puzzle items. You will need to do a few in each area, get all the ruins, learn them each by themselves then do a big dungeon that uses all the tools you have unlocked so far.

So of like LBW meets Zelda 1. Sounds fucking cool.

Peltz

Really don't understand difficulty complaints.

A) it's the opening 1% of the game, and

B) it's Zelda, not Dark Souls, and 3D Zeldas have been traditionally much more difficult than 2D ones anyway. I have never finished a 3D Zelda but have finished every 2D one (bar Zelda 2 which I've never played). I think 3D Zelda is generally more difficult than most 3D action/adventure games. Over the past couple of months I've played The Last Of Us, followed by The Witcher 3 (both on normal difficulty), followed by Wind Waker HD, and Wind Waker was undeniably the most difficult and unforgiving, with lots of sudden difficulty spikes.

Your experience is different to most others' experiences.

Chaos17

The power of MAGNET!
Let you move ANY metal items!!
Treasure chests are included :)

jf8y45N.gif

Moff

hunting, gathering, crafting, cooking, this game

it's awesome and we haven't even seen anything of the story, yet

skypunch

Banned
It's dialogue that sets out to do what it does? And Succeeds? I'm sorry but you really have no idea what you're talking about. I recommend not embarrassing yourself further.

You have a character you can talk to. Maybe give him a bit more character through the dialogue? Just seems like there's no depth to the writing. I guess I've just grown out of basic baby writing of Nintendo games and crave more depth nowadays. I only play Nintendo for Monolith Soft's games anyway.

Too many Nintendo fans confuse juvenile writing with charm, unfortunately.

d00d3n

it's going to be the biggest step forward in the franchise since Oot

-not only does it deepen core features of the franchise like puzzles in 100+ shrines besides the normal dungeons, it will have many interesting new abilities like the magnesius that works as a puzzle solvinge device as well as a gravity gun kind of weapon
-it will have many different weapons with different movesets, including dropped skeleton arms
-you can cook and the food will give temporary buffs like extra health
-you can get tons if items, probably used for crafting. including chopping trees
-theres tons of exploring, including a new free climbing feature that might be a core ability in the game. exploring seems to be super rewarding with chests all over the place. you can also glide and there is the horse.
-there is also a stealth feature, you see the sound you make and enemies become alerted and look for you, you can also distract them and have many other opportunities to tackle camps of enemies. like setting a fire, sniping or using explosives like the remote bombs.
-you can also summon a wolf companion with the twilight HD amiibo

honestly, I was disappointed by the initial trailer, but the treehouse gameplay convinced me that this game is the next big thing. and we haven't even seen anything of the story or epic moments, yet.

Thanks, that is a good summary!

Moff

this area looks a lot nicer and more alive than the barren ones we've seen before
still, not a graphically impressive game, but I am starting to care less and less about that

Astral Dog

OMG, the more i look at this the more i realize this might be the Wind Waker sequel i always wanted, they werent kidding when they said WW HD was made in preparation for this.

From the shading tothe characters to the sound effects, everything is perfect.

You have a character you can talk to. Maybe give him a bit more character through the dialogue? Just seems like there's no depth to the writing. I guess I've just grown out of basic baby writing of Nintendo games and crave more depth nowadays. I only play Nintendo for Monolith Soft's games anyway.

Man, I'm the asshole who made that spectacularly failed "Pokemon's insipid writing" thread and even I'm seeing a guy who's grasping at straws right now.

Your experience is different to most others' experiences.

This is so weird. Or are people mainly talking about Zelda 1 and 2? Do people really think that A Link To The Past, or Minish Cap, or Link's Awakening etc are more difficult than Majora's Mask or OOT?

Xenoblade for one. Minecraft, too. And what is survival when the game looks so piss easy and are showered with weapons everywhere you go?

I'll never understand people like you, that come into these threads of people excited about a game, just to completely shit on it, based on the very little we've seen so far.

"Piss easy"? Based on what? They haven't even shown a single fucking dungeon yet. You have no idea of the puzzles, complexity, or enemies of the game, beyond the very first and basic ones they've shown. Amazing conclusion there. Also, there's nothing wrong making an accessible game. Not everyone plays videogames 10 hrs a day. Isn't there something more worthwhile to direct your hatred and negativity at?

JTripper

hunting, gathering, crafting, cooking, this game

it's awesome and we haven't even seen anything of the story, yet

I'm hoping we don't see much at all until release. Not like story is ever a huge deal to Zelda games but this game has already piqued my interest on how they'll approach it.

I really hope we get to pull the master sword from Ganon's skull.

linkboy

This is so weird. Or are people mainly talking about Zelda 1 and 2? Do people really think that A Link To The Past, or Minish Cap, or Link's Awakening etc are more difficult than Majora's Mask or OOT?

Ocarina is a cake walk, was in 1996. Enemies do little to no damage and the combat heavily favors Link. Majora's Mask is the most difficult of the 3D games.

The power of MAGNET!
Let you move ANY metal items!!
Treasure chests are included :)

jf8y45N.gif

I love how powerful that enemy is. Actually I love everything about this game so far. Incredible good and we only saw the very, very fist parts of the game.

Btw...that line is really, really, REALLY long! Damn, this Zelda is bringing Nintendo back in the focus of the media and ganing fans. Some german news sites already wrote about the game. And i mean "normal" news sites and not those for video games.

Not

Banned

I think it'd be hilarious if you were like, a 45-year-old man or something.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

I've read all your posts and all I see is, "Not enough grittiness/blood."

There are plenty of games for you out there now.

Top Bottom