• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGaf meet up - Sat 2nd April 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Symphonia

Banned
I've gone from a maybe to a no-go, so I imagine many of you are relieved. I have a meeting at work that day. I will be coming to another meet-up at some point, though.

You're a fuckin' star, Musha. I'm down for food.

I know :) see you at 6!

Can put me down as a maybe, if I can convince the wife.

Down (underthethumblol)

I'm kinda curious but also kind of scared, I don't really fit in with GAF a lot of the time.

Don't worry, neither do we. Most of us are not typical Gaf at all.

I've gone from a maybe to a no-go, so I imagine many of you are relieved. I have a meeting at work that day. I will be coming to another meet-up at some point, though.

Why would we be relieved someone we've never met isn't coming?

Unless you're Cy and you've changed your name again, I can't keep up. Even so we'd never be happy that someone wasn't coming no matter who they were.

Mikeside

I know :) see you at 6!

Down (underthethumblol)

Don't worry, neither do we. Most of us are not typical Gaf at all.

Why would we be relieved someone we've never met isn't coming?

Unless you're Cy and you've changed your name again, I can't keep up. Even so we'd never be happy that someone wasn't coming no matter who they were.

What about that woman who put that cat in a wheely bin? It was all over the newspapers.

She's legit not fucking welcome.

If you're reading this, don't fucking come, bitch.

Danj

I've not eaten at this place before but I've heard it's good.

What time is your train getting in?

I've got a day ticket so I can arrive whenever, was a time decided upon? I'm in Cambridge so it's only 50min + tube from here.

Edit: oh I see the OP was updated with times. I'll not be able to stay till 3am as my train ticket turns into a pumpkin at midnight.

Is there a dress code and/or cover charge at any of the places we're going to?

EDIT 2: looking at the national rail web site I probably want to get the 4:15pm train which gets in at 5:05pm at King's Cross, then tube to Goodge Street which should arrive around 5:30pm (which leaves half an hour's slack in case of train delays etc)?

I've got a day ticket so I can arrive whenever, was a time decided upon? I'm in Cambridge so it's only 50min + tube from here.

Edit: oh I see the OP was updated with times. I'll not be able to stay till 3am as my train ticket turns into a pumpkin at midnight.

Is there a dress code and/or cover charge at any of the places we're going to?

EDIT 2: looking at the national rail web site I probably want to get the 4:15pm train which gets in at 5:05pm at King's Cross, then tube to Goodge Street which should arrive around 5:30pm (which leaves half an hour's slack in case of train delays etc)?

Yeah timings sound good, some of the other guys might get in a little earlier as well, no doubt everyone will post in here when they arrive. And others will be leaving early too.

I don't think there's a dress code, just don't turn up in a shellsuit. Should be a fiver to get in to Roxy.

openrob

Just woke up after flying directly out from the Tokyo meetup haha.
Would it be OK to add me as a strong Maybe?
Can't make it to the meal but drinks sound fun

kiri

Due to circumstances outside of my control, I'm not going to be able to make it :/ Irritating since I'm in the area but it can't be helped.

Any rough idea when the next one would be?

I only just saw this thread and was looking for something to do today, so my curiosity is piqued. Is it super short notice and inconvenient if I pitch up for the evening drinks? :V

faridmon

I wanted to come for the dinner but I saw the showings for this movie Victoria at and around 5 O'clock, so I think I'll be there for the drinks. We don't have Curson Cinemas in Birmingham so this is my only chance to watch that movie.

Mikeside

Due to circumstances outside of my control, I'm not going to be able to make it :/ Irritating since I'm in the area but it can't be helped.

Sorry to miss you, but fear not they're every 3 months

I only just saw this thread and was looking for something to do today, so my curiosity is piqued. Is it super short notice and inconvenient if I pitch up for the evening drinks? :V

No, come along!

faridmon

Also, i don't have Internett on the go, so you see a dude in blue crutches, Thats still me. You know just in case i look lost at the ritz

King_Moc

Banned
I'm on a train that gets me to Euston at 5.45. Is this burger place the kind of place where you have to mention the booking when you walk in, or the kind of place where you walk around looking for the kind of people that might post on gaf?

7aged

I'm on a train that gets me to Euston at 5.45. Is this burger place the kind of place where you have to mention the booking when you walk in, or the kind of place where you walk around looking for the kind of people that might post on gaf?

It's a tiny place, so no risk of not finding anyone.

If people want to meet up early, we can grab a drink at the Marquis of Granby which is at the end of Percy St.

edit: I'm nearby, so I'll head to the Granby around 6

I need to come to one of these one days, being UK based I'm assuming I won't be banned from it!

Or maybe I will!

Would be awesome to chat to someone from T17. Alien breed at the time was the bomb.

Also would be fun to grab some beers with some new folks. Please put me down as a maybe and will confirm in next week.

Would be awesome to chat to someone from T17. Alien breed at the time was the bomb.

Also would be fun to grab some beers with some new folks. Please put me down as a maybe and will confirm in next week.

You know we're meeting tonight? Some of us are literally in Fernando now lol

3 months

To the surprise of no-one, I'm out.

I promise to attend at least one of these London meets.

You better

Not at all come along!

I'm in albeit I have to leave early. Are you meeting up at the burger "workshop"?

Yeah we're here now

I wanted to come for the dinner but I saw the showings for this movie Victoria at and around 5 O'clock, so I think I'll be there for the drinks. We don't have Curson Cinemas in Birmingham so this is my only chance to watch that movie.

See you soon

I'll see you all at the Roxy around 8.30.

See you then!

Attendees so far:-

Musha_Soturi
Rubbish King
Skele7on
J Tourettes
The_Poet
zomgbbqftw
Selfish Pizza
Jedeye Sniv
King_Moc
Mikeside
Cyclops Rock
Danj
BGBW
eggybob
7aged
dapperbandit
PopFisto
culture culture
The _Enchanter
faridmon
Mindwipe

CF0CAAB2-002A-4832-9336-DECB1F88A561_zpsrca2sq1u.jpg

King_Moc

Banned
Lovely night out. I'm currently waiting for my train to leave. Good to see you all.

Edit: also, thanks to Musha for being a great host and for having the borderline supernatural ability to recall every single persons gaf name and real life name on command. Top draw stuff.

eggybob

Unconfirmed Member
Good night guys.
The roxy actually played decent music for a change!
Also £8.50 for a pitcher isn't bad

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
im fucking sideways now

what's this vote thing where gaffers get ripped to shreds, I want to go on there and rip myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom