• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking of doing a quick and dirty photoshop of the "you're here forever" picture in the vein of that Simpsons moment (Do it for her), but I couldn't think of an appropriate person to use (although Rachel Riley could work).

I'll let you all decide.

Use BritGaf avatars

When is your birthday: October 17th
Where do you live: Edinburgh
Where are you from: Arse end of Norn Iron
What do you do: Student
What is your quest: Find a job!
Favourite actor/actress: Peter Capaldi
Favourite band/artist: Camo & Krooked
Favourite TV show: The Thick of It
Favourite crisps: Tayto Cheese & Onion
Favourite biscuit: Chocolate Bourbon
Least favourite Pokémon: Anything that can beat my team
Stalactites or stalagmites: Stalactites
How do you cut your sandwiches: Rectangles.

cT44UIP.jpg

SKINNER!

Banned
I was thinking of doing a quick and dirty photoshop of the "you're here forever" picture in the vein of that Simpsons moment (Do it for her), but I couldn't think of an appropriate person to use (although Rachel Riley could work).

I'll let you all decide.

Bish

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
When is your birthday: 7th August
Where do you live: Nottingham
Where are you from: Kent
What is your quest: Funding :(
Favourite actor/actress: Hugh Laurie
Favourite band/artist: Arcade Fire
Favourite TV show: Arrested Development
Favourite crisps: Walkers Max or Frazzles
Favourite biscuit: chocolate digestive
Least favourite Pokémon: fucking bidoof
Stalactites or stalagmites: tights look good on women; stalactites
How do you cut your sandwiches: rectangles

Mikeside

I guess I should fill this in too:

When is your birthday: 6th February
Where do you live: Ash Vale
Where are you from: Crowthorne
What do you do: IT
What is your quest: all of the emotions
Favourite actor/actress: Jeff Goldblum
Favourite band/artist: right now probably Wolf Alice
Favourite TV show: Portlandia
Favourite crisps: anything Prawn Cocktail based
Favourite biscuit: Rich Tea
Least favourite Pokémon: Trubbish
Stalactites or stalagmites: Stalactites for the win
How do you cut your sandwiches: askew rectangles

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
So girl at work was like you should try CoD so I did and it's lots of fun actually. Although at one point one of my cohorts actually said "get to the chopper!" . I tried the competitive multiplayer too. For about 5 minutes. That was quite sobering.

So girl at work was like you should try CoD so I did and it's lots of fun actually. Although at one point one of my cohorts actually said "get to the chopper!" . I tried the competitive multiplayer too. For about 5 minutes. That was quite sobering.

Call of Duty never got better for me than in COD 2.

Carentan is one of my favourite FPS maps of all time, up there with de_dust, dust_II, Blood Gulch and Complex. I much prefer the rifles to the assault weapons of the Modern Warfare/Black Ops/Ghosts games too.

Hello new thread!

Star Fox 64 is only two hours long. This is something I've just learned to my own shock and awe.

I've got to replay it multiple times to see the other worlds too? Fuck that noise. Poor kids who paid £45 for this on the N64 back in the day,

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Call of Duty never got better for me than in COD 2.

Carentan is one of my favourite FPS maps of all time, up there with de_dust, dust_II, Blood Gulch and Complex. I much prefer the rifles to the assault weapons of the Modern Warfare/Black Ops/Ghosts games too.

It's all new to me. I loved Doom on my family's 486. Goldeneye was good too. Then after that my next FPS was Killzone on the Vita!

I don't know the games you mention, presumably they're PC ones? I'm not up on FPSs at all. I stayed away because of my preconception that they're played by 12 year old boys whose brains haven't fully developed yet - it took a few weeks of my friend at work convincing me otherwise.

I have a PS4 (first home console since I had a GameCube!) so part of the reason I gave it a go is because there's not much else to play. I do feel like I've missed 10 years of backstory and experience with it. It's like the game assumes you're familiar with all the bells and whistles of the franchise. As a complete newbie it's quite intimidating.

Edit: you're talking about maps! Ahhh...

Mikeside

Oh god, I just realized I fluffed the title a little bit... back to TDM for the fix, but thanks sploatee.

Also, welcome to any other new members we're getting in here. I'll be updating birthdays and such in the OP tomorrow!

Loving the OP Mike.

Still undecided as to whether I really want to venture up north for the next meet up. D: It's a strange land beyond the Watford Gap. I'm told there be dragons...

When is your birthday: Halloween
Where do you live: Sheffield
Where are you from: Los Angeles
What do you do: Game Designer
What is your quest: Become a Lord
Favourite actor/actress: Vin Diesel
Favourite band/artist: Turquoise Jeep
Favourite TV show: Arrested Development
Favourite crisps: Doritos
Favourite biscuit: Some sort of digestive
Least favourite Pokémon: Pikachu
Stalactites or stalagmites: Stalactites
How do you cut your sandwiches: With my knife hand

Woo OT5! You can never go wrong with Rachel Riley. Speaking of blondes, I had the biggest hard on for Pixie Lott. Damn she fine.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Since when are we happy with red names in the thread????

HERECY

Where is your birthday: In the OP
Where do you live: Portsmouth
Where are you from:Everywhere
What do you do: I'm a barman/slave labourer
What is your quest:My quest is to become an alpha cunt who has a few dollas to leave this damn island
Favourite actor/actress:Jenna Louise Coleman because she is wife material
Favourite band/artist:Currently John Mayer
Favourite TV show:Currently House M.D whilst GoT twiddles its thumbs
Favourite crisps:Doritos
Favourite biscuit:Breakaway
Least favourite Pokémon: I've always hated that one that looks like Nikki Minaj
Stalactites or stalagmites:Why is this question still here, it's just shite.
How do you cut your sandwiches:diagonally because I'm not a heathen

decaf

How do you cut your sandwiches: Like a "K"
Please explain.

How do you cut your sandwiches: Actually, I've just realised I only cut sandwiches when I make them for other people. Why should one cut a sandwich? All the stuff falls out.

I currently eat sandwiches consisting of:
- that fancy seedy Tesco bread, toasted
- Clovered on the inside
- blue cheese on one side
- Branston pickle on t'other
- two slices of Tesco mature sliced cheese in between

NrvIoh1.gif

Why are there so many edited videos of Countdown with Miss Riley on YouTube? Really mucks up the continuity of each episode.

Gadget Show got a lot better in the recent season didn't it?

I promise to be less lurky in OT5.

Darren870

When is your birthday: June 9th
Where do you live: Nowhere as of now, on the road in SA.
Where are you from: New York
What do you do: IT
What is your quest: Travel as much as I can
Favourite actor/actress: Bill Nye
Favourite band/artist: Skinny Puppy
Favourite TV show: Seinfeld
Favourite crisps: Don't eat them really
Favourite biscuit: See above
Least favourite Pokémon: Cubone
Stalactites or stalagmites: Huh?
How do you cut your sandwiches: Cut? Eat it whole...like a boss...

Lirlond

When is your birthday:13th Dec
Where do you live: Glasgow, The Free Peoples Republic of Scotland(pending)
Where are you from: Glesga
What do you do: Stack shelves, soon to manage people who stack shelves
What is your quest: MMA
Favourite actor/actress: Capaldi
Favourite band/artist: Currently Caravan Palace
Favourite TV show: Currently Always Sunny
Favourite crisps: Beef Hula Hoops
Favourite biscuit: Bourbon
Least favourite Pokémon: Jedeye Sniv
Stalactites or stalagmites: Tites
How do you cut your sandwiches: in an X. Or whole.

Need to subscribbeeee

Tremas

When is your birthday: 11th February
Where do you live: London
Where are you from: London
What do you do: Content Editor
What is your quest: Attain enlightenment
Favourite actor/actress: Gary Oldman
Favourite band/artist: Radiohead
Favourite TV show: Game of Thrones
Favourite crisps: Thai sweet chilli sensations
Favourite biscuit: Gingernuts
Least favourite Pokémon: Ratata
Stalactites or stalagmites: Stalagmites
How do you cut your sandwiches: Rectangularly, albeit unevenly.

Reknoc

When is your birthday: 7th April
Where do you live: Nottingham
Where are you from: Nottingham
What do you do: Move boxes
What is your quest: Sounds hard [abandon quest]
Favourite actor/actress: That one guy in Sherlock
Favourite band/artist: Radiohead
Favourite TV show: Archer
Favourite crisps: Walker's Salt & Vinegar
Favourite biscuit: Jammy Dodgers
Least favourite Pokémon: Emolga
Stalactites or stalagmites: Tites
How do you cut your sandwiches: I don't

Hello new thread!

Star Fox 64 is only two hours long. This is something I've just learned to my own shock and awe.

I've got to replay it multiple times to see the other worlds too? Fuck that noise. Poor kids who paid £45 for this on the N64 back in the day,

Coming with a rumble pack probably helped. Also being totally amazing. I've played it probably thousands of times.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
vg4R8fA.jpg

The power of vertical and diagonal slices together at last!

But...that's just bitesiziness. Where's the chomp?

Is it just me that has a feeling of ominous dread about today? Feels like something really bad is about to happen.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

I probably spent about 200 hours on CoD4 and MW2 which, while fun, kinda broke multiplayer for me. Realising that you've just spent 200 hours running in place on an elaborate hamster wheel. This started me viewing obsessive gamers, especially MP gamers as a bit touched in the head. That willingness to be going through the same meaningless actions for hours and hours and hours... fuck that.

Please explain.

How do you cut your sandwiches: Actually, I've just realised I only cut sandwiches when I make them for other people. Why should one cut a sandwich? All the stuff falls out.

I currently eat sandwiches consisting of:
- that fancy seedy Tesco bread, toasted
- Clovered on the inside
- blue cheese on one side
- Branston pickle on t'other
- two slices of Tesco mature sliced cheese in between

NrvIoh1.gif

Why are there so many edited videos of Countdown with Miss Riley on YouTube? Really mucks up the continuity of each episode.

Gadget Show got a lot better in the recent season didn't it?

I promise to be less lurky in OT5.

I've been trying the small chunk Branston recently. I was a bit dubious at first (only got it cos it was BOGOF) but it actually spreads better. Check it out!

theaface

Hello shiny new thread.

When is your birthday: 22nd May
Where do you live: North London (although not according to the postcode police on here!)
Where are you from: Bushey, Herts
What do you do: Project Manager / Graphic Designer
What is your quest: Tick off my bucket list items
Favourite actor/actress: Kevin Spacey
Favourite band/artist: Muse
Favourite TV show: The Shield
Favourite crisps: Wotsits
Favourite biscuit: Custard Creams
Least favourite Pokémon: Luvdisc. It's a disc in the shape of a heart.
Stalactites or stalagmites: I said stalactites last time, so I'll turn things on their head. Stalagmites.
How do you cut your sandwiches: Triangles

NinjaBoiX

BGBW, your "K" sandwich be cray.

CoD games are great, it's just that familiarity breeds contempt innit.
Still undecided as to whether I really want to venture up north for the next meet up. D: It's a strange land beyond the Watford Gap. I'm told there be dragons...
Come up man! There be no dragons!

A few smackheads maybe...
tumblr_lntc6tzjyl1qbgfne.gif

;)

Sorry boss, I never check, I had a few sitting there for months until Yoshichan and strafer lodged an official complaint. I'll accept it when I get home, pretty sure you need to be on the desktop site. What is the point of the GAF friends list anyway?

Symphonia

Banned
Is it just me that has a feeling of ominous dread about today? Feels like something really bad is about to happen.
Nah, man, I've got it too. Then again, my fortune cookie from the other night said to expect this so I'm at least a little bit prepared.

TCRS

Banned
When is your birthday: 24th May
Where do you live: Germany
Where are you from: uhm.. Germany
What do you do: student
What is your quest: complete my studies
Favourite actor/actress: Viggo Mortensen
Favourite band/artist: Pink Floyd
Favourite TV show: The Sopranos
Favourite crisps: Walkers Worcester Sauce
Favourite biscuit: Oreos
Least favourite Pokémon: Magikarp (original 151 ftw)
Stalactites or stalagmites: stalactites
How do you cut your sandwiches: lol diagonally

Dear BritGaf,

I'm heading to London next week on a one week holiday. Any tips, awesome places to go and eat? Places that are not really know by tourists but is actually really fucking awesome to go.

I'm a muslim and be bringing a girl there who is expecting some adventure or fun.

Please help, thank yous.

theaface

Dear BritGaf,

I'm heading to London next week on a one week holiday. Any tips, awesome places to go and eat? Places that are not really know by tourists but is actually really fucking awesome to go.

I'm a muslim and be bringing a girl there who is expecting some adventure or fun.

Please help, thank yous.

What sort of a budget are you on? I went for a lovely meal in a restaurant called Silk, which is a converted court house (complete with defendent dock and everything). Got a very good deal from Toptable as well.

As for places to go, again, what sort of thing do you guys enjoy? Don't be too quick to discount the popular attractions - London Dungeons is good fun, for example. The London Eye did nothing for me personally, so I'd give that a miss.

Explore Camden and Covent Garden - both lively colourful places with lots to see, and no strict agenda to follow. It's nigh on impossible to get lost. If you're into gaming check out the arcades at the bottom of the Trocadero. Also check out the film listings at the Prince Charles Cinema in Leicester square - they've always got a really varied schedule including movie marathons, sing-a-longs, beer and pizza nights and so on.

That's a few little bits, and I'm sure others will wade in with a ton of other top suggestions.

What sort of a budget are you on? I went for a lovely meal in a restaurant called Silk, which is a converted court house (complete with defendent dock and everything). Got a very good deal from Toptable as well.

As for places to go, again, what sort of thing do you guys enjoy? Don't be too quick to discount the popular attractions - London Dungeons is good fun, for example. The London Eye did nothing for me personally, so I'd give that a miss.

Explore Camden and Covent Garden - both lively colourful places with lots to see, and no strict agenda to follow. It's nigh on impossible to get lost. If you're into gaming check out the arcades at the bottom of the Trocadero. Also check out the film listings at the Prince Charles Cinema in Leicester square - they've always got a really varied schedule including movie marathons, sing-a-longs, beer and pizza nights and so on.

That's a few little bits, and I'm sure others will wade in with a ton of other top suggestions.

I'm coming from Malaysia, she's studying in UK so she knows most of the normal tourist spots to go to.

So stuff like Camden and Convent Garden sounds awesome! Not to mention Prince Charles Cinema. Any others?

Didn't do this last time, so here goes:

When is your birthday: January 30th
Where do you live: Dundee
Where are you from: Moved around a lot as a kid, but my parents are both from West Lothian.
What is your quest: To not be homeless in a few years time
Favourite actor/actress: Gary Oldman
Favourite band/artist: Listening to CHVRCHES a lot at the moment, but if we're talking all-time, probably Radiohead
Favourite TV show: The Wire
Favourite crisps: Monster Munch
Favourite biscuit: Jaffa Cakes
Least favourite Pokémon: The Legendary Bird that refused to be ultra-balled even when it was down to a few HP and paralysed... cunt.
Stalactites or stalagmites: Gotta be stalagmites.
How do you cut your sandwiches: Width-wise. I don't think that's even a word.

Volotaire

New thread!

When is your birthday: 7th April
Where do you live: London
Where are you from: Birmingham
What is your quest: Investment Banking
Favourite actor/actress: Dunno really, having got a particular one in mind
Favourite band/artist: Feist, Vampire Weekend, changes all the time
Favourite TV show: Lost
Favourite crisps: Vegetable Crisps
Favourite biscuit: Chocolate Digestives