• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bundles of Awesome - The Official WiiWare Discussion Thread

Provider

I played the first few levels. It makes you think a little and the controls are OK. It's completely generic on the graphics side tho.

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
Capndrake said:
http://www.bplus.at/pr011208en.htm

As long as it's not as much of a disaster as Plattchen, I guess?
There's a trailer now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGizNM1o8Pg

More info from the Bplus forums:
There is the CLASSIC MODE where you have to beat a whole World (10 Stages) to get access to the next one. After you have beaten the World you can select each stage seperately to hunt for Medals (Best Time).

Niki - Rock 'n' Ball is not as huge as PLÄTTCHEN - twist 'n'paint is. It needs just 129 BLOCKS (+2 for savegame). PLÄTTCHEN needs 286 BLOCKS for its 300 Levels and great amount of FantasyWorlds and game modes.

There is also a 2-Player CoOp-Mode exactly like you may know it from classic games like BubbleBobble, MarioBros. or SnowBros. . This may also help you to beat the time to get a medal in a stage.

TJ Spyke

Space Invaders Gets Even looks interesting, but way too short at just 2 levels and a boss battle. It's only 500 Wii Points, but still.

Capndrake

TJ Spyke said:
Space Invaders Gets Even looks interesting, but way too short at just 2 levels and a boss battle. It's only 500 Wii Points, but still.
Only consider Get Even if you're willing to spend 500+ Wii Points on DLC. The initial two levels and boss are super simple and easy compared to the rest of the game.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I was visiting WiiWare-World just a bit ago and they had a few interviews with developers. One interesting (worrying?) tidbit I came across occurred during an interview with High Voltage Software. (http://www.wiiware-world.com/news/2008/12/yukes_high_voltage_interview_evasive_space)

WW: We’ve heard rumors that HVS’s Animales de la Muerte may no longer be bound for WiiWare. Is there any truth to this?

KH: Animales de la Muerte has been a pet-project for us at High Voltage Software for quite a while. Its current status is probably the most asked question we get. While I can’t quite reveal what we’re currently doing with the title, please know that we highly cherish the IP and are still considering how to best release it down the road.

That sounds odd. If the game were still WiiWare, you think there'd be a slightly different answer than that. I mean, it doesn't really say anything, but...

DavidDayton said:
That sounds odd. If the game were still WiiWare, you think there'd be a slightly different answer than that. I mean, it doesn't really say anything, but...

I read in another interview somewhere that they were having trouble fitting the game into the WiiWare file size restriction. They made a bunch of real-time in-game engine cutscenes that they are very fond of and that didn't quite fit.

My guess is a low priced Wii disc release. I'll buy it in whatever form it comes in.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
grenadeguru said:
I read in another interview somewhere that they were having trouble fitting the game into the WiiWare file size restriction. They made a bunch of real-time in-game engine cutscenes that they are very fond of and that didn't quite fit.

My guess is a low priced Wii disc release. I'll buy it in whatever form it comes in.

Hmm. Or pull a Space Invaders: Get Even, and split the game into segments.

Then again, that resulted in my only buying the initial chapter of SI:GE, and not bothering with the additional content due to my first purchase feeling like a complete rip-off.

sfog

Another random WiiWare game has appeared. From the ESRB:

Eduardo the Samurai Toaster Semnat Studios, LLC Everyone Mild Cartoon Violence Wii

This is a side-scrolling action game in which players control a cartoon toaster as it traverses through colorful environments. Environments are filled with whimsical enemies such as aggressive fruit and vegetable creatures. Players can shoot pastries at enemies and must avoid getting hit by projectiles (e.g., bamboo spears, "durians," and wooden poles) to advance.

sfog said:
Another random WiiWare game has appeared. From the ESRB:

Eduardo the Samurai Toaster Semnat Studios, LLC Everyone Mild Cartoon Violence Wii

This is a side-scrolling action game in which players control a cartoon toaster as it traverses through colorful environments. Environments are filled with whimsical enemies such as aggressive fruit and vegetable creatures. Players can shoot pastries at enemies and must avoid getting hit by projectiles (e.g., bamboo spears, "durians," and wooden poles) to advance.
GOTY

My kids opened their Wii this morning and I just got done setting it up with wireless internet. Just wondering, what VC and WiiWare titles are considered to be the best of the best? Just lookig for a heads up on what I should download. Probably not VC so much.

Although, on the Neo-Geo list I see Baseball Stars 2. Is this that game where the players are cartoons and some of them are huge steroid looking fools with huge metal bats? If so I guess I found my first download.

Eduardo the Samurai Toaster officially announced! With new screens and details!
Indie developer Semnat Studios is excited to finally announce the upcoming Wii™ release of Eduardo the Samurai Toaster, an incredibly fast and frenetic sidescrolling, run‘n’gun 2D shooter. The game will be released exclusively for WiiWare™ this winter, developed and published by Semnat Studios.

With visuals drawn and scanned in from several different art mediums such as pen & ink, acrylic paint and charcoal, Eduardo sports an untraditional aesthetic design for a videogame. Jump, shoot, whip, drive, fly and throw your way through hordes of Peking Opera pastries, spear toting carrots, robotic mangos, and more. Play with friends as you learn to cooperate effectively, or be annoying by throwing each other around the screen and attacking one another.

FEATURES

* Drop in co-op play for up to four players.
* Ride scooters equipped with laser-blasters and fly around in rocket packs in single player or co-op.
* Use 5 different pastry pickups to upgrade your firepower.
* Battle enemies through 13 unique levels.
* Several different difficulty options to choose from, allowing players to pick their desired level of challenge.

Eduardo the Samurai Toaster has been Rated E for everyone by the ESRB.
large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wait I had the last post in this thread for five months? Epic.

Why do I always kill threads. >_<

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Andrex said:
Wait I had the last post in this thread for five months? Epic.

Why do I always kill threads. >_<
I think this thread was supposed to
die

BARKSTAR

Banned
I recommend to those looking for a fantastic Wiiware title to give 'NyxQuest: Kindred Spirits' a download. The game is fantastic and really worth the asking price.

If you like Lostwinds I think you will love this too. I'd give the edge to NyxQuest personally as it's a really well designed game with good physics and very accurate and responsive controls. A real gem of a game.

Jeels

Alright Gaf, recommend me some WiiWare Games. The last WiiWare Games I bought were at WiiWare's launch (My life as a King and that Popsicle Stick War Flash Game One..) and never came back since, so I've missed a lot.

Empty

lost winds 1 and 2 are both wonderful comfort food kinda games. they use gameplay ideas that you are very familiar with, but they pull it off well and do them in their own entertaining way. they have smart use of the control scheme, breezy but satisfying puzzles, lots of good platforming, neat sense of adventure, charming characters and visuals, plus they are paced so they never overstay their welcome. i'm pretty enamored with both of them, and i recommend them highly.

Jeels said:
Alright Gaf, recommend me some WiiWare Games. The last WiiWare Games I bought were at WiiWare's launch (My life as a King and that Popsicle Stick War Flash Game One..) and never came back since, so I've missed a lot.
02181_nyxquest0624.jpg

review_wiiware_nyxquest1.jpg

beautiful game. great platformer.
world-of-goo-20081003011053603_640w.jpg

Must own for anyone.

cover_large.jpg

cave story.
there are more but these can keep you busy

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Bump:
Hey Gaf just got 3000 Wii Points to Spend, So Far I am using the points to Buy Bit Trip Runner & Blaster Master OverDrive
any Idea what I should Purchase with my left over points
I should have1300 Points left over (had a Hundred left from last time)

I have already have:
The Bit Trip Series
Rebirth Series
Lost Winds 1 & 2
NyxQuest
Tomena Sanner
Space Invaders Get Even
Bomberman Blast
Muscle March
World of Goo
OnSlaught
Excite Bike
Max and the Magic Marker
Alien Crush
Star Soilder R
Mr Driller
Adventure Island The Begining
Will of Dr Frankenstein (I dunno why Either??)
Dracula
Driift Mania

I am in PAL land (UK) so should I hold off until Cave Story is relased or get something in the mean time?
many thanks

zoukka

Booted this mofo after a long break. Which Crystal Chronicles game is better? Are they similar?

Also wanted to buy Muramasa, but found out it is a disc release lol.

Top Bottom