• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bundles of Awesome - The Official WiiWare Discussion Thread

Threi

notag
PantherLotus said:
Better than Dr. Mario or MM9? I might actually buy if it ranks up there with those.
oh snap forgot about MM9 :O

its better than Dr. Mario, LostWinds, and Toki Tori for me though.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
sfog said:
I'm amazed it has taken this long to see another Tetris game with a Co-op widened playfield mode. That was one of the best parts of Tengen Tetris, and it just doesn't seem right that it's taken so long for it to make another appearence.

Yeah, but this really does seem to be the most feature-laden version of Tetris. Co-op, 6-player online versus, tons of others, stat tracking/ranking, etc.

Cromulent_Word said:
World of Goo is presently tied with mario galaxy as the best reviewed wii title.

97% metacritic.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13278153&postcount=2248 :p

So, basically it's Supermarket Sweep the Videogame? No Dale Winton?

"When you hear that beep, think of all the fun you could be having on SUPERMARKET SWEEP!"

;-)

Cheez-It

PantherLotus said:
Better than Dr. Mario or MM9? I might actually buy if it ranks up there with those.

As others have pointed out, it as on or above the level of the aforementioned games. I have found it to be one of the most enjoyable games of the last few years. Right up there with Portal and Super Mario Galaxy.

later

Aside from tetris party, the other game released today in the USA is:

The Incredible Maze (Digital Leisure Inc., 1 player, Rated E for Everyone, 500 Wii Points): Get lost in The Incredible Maze! Simply tilt your Wii Remote controller to navigate a series of exciting and twisted mazes. Entering the maze could not be easier, but finding your way out will require a keen eye and a steady hand. Obstacles and traps are around every corner, so move your ball around the maze without falling off the edge. But watch out, there are lots of surprises in store. You can hunt for gems in a timed challenge, or test your abilities in a race against the clock. The Incredible Maze is also compatible with the Wii Balance Board, so you can really put your weight into it. This is the way in, but you'll have to find your own way out.

Interesting to say the least!

Cheez-It

EvilMario said:
World of Goo, or Tetris Party? How do I choose? Oh, the humanity.

1 Super Mario Galaxy 97
2 World of Goo 97
3 Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, The 95

This will certainly change, but given the user discussions and various review texts, it should be common knowledge that Super Mario Galaxy, and now World of Goo, are two absolute must buy titles on the Wii.

If you own a Wii (or PC), and have any interest in gaming, you owe it to experience this game.

later

Bomb Tapper: 500 points

e7dkht.jpg

23ogh5.jpg

akwp09.jpg

2zye8nk.jpg

Ok, the explosions kind of really suck.

Warning: Google Translation

● When all the blocks refreshing壊SETA irresistible sense of
With a bomb, the exhilarating sense of Batsugun Wii game software delivered in the decision. The rules of the game, decided to block the mechanism of the bomb, to destroy all the blocks. However, only one detonating bombs can not be. So, in the range of the blast also sympathetic detonation of the bomb will be set up and use the blocks to drop blocked a shock to detonate. As long as the intellectual efforts,挑MOU to destroy all the blocks.

In a variety of shapes number of provisions designed to block仕掛KEYOU bomb.

Bomb explosion can be only one. Of course, only one was just a blast, all the blocks can not be destroyed.

In addition to the location of a bomb placed by sympathetic detonation or on the impact of the falling blocks to be used for the destruction of an entire block.

http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1218637_1407.html

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I read something about Tetris Party having in-game achievements. Can anyone provide any details on these? I'm curious and can't find anything.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Eteric Rice said:
So what came out on WiiWare and VC today?
PR:
It’s a rockin’ week at the Wii™ Shop Channel, featuring fresh additions to two hot WiiWare™ game series, plus a character-driven classic for the Virtual Console™. Fans of Strong Bad’s Cool Game for Attractive People will find an awesome new installment, while those who’ve discovered Nintendo’s extraordinary Art Style™ series will discover an elegant new puzzle title to enjoy. And if you’ve got room in your game library for a heroic earthworm, don’t miss the Wii debut of the legendary Earthworm Jim™.

Nintendo adds new and classic games to the Wii Shop Channel at 9 a.m. Pacific time every Monday. Wii owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points™ to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week’s new games are:

WiiWare

Strong Bad Episode 3: Baddest of the Bands (Telltale Games, 1 player, Rated E10+ for Everyone 10 and Older - Alcohol Reference, Crude Humor, Mild Cartoon Violence, Mild Suggestive Themes, 1,000 Wii Points): Rock and roll! Hurting for cash, Strong Bad sets out to dominate the “Battle Royale of the Bands.” Can he rule the stage and win the big prize? Or will he be drowned out by the competition? Find out in this high-voltage episode.

Art Style: ROTOHEX™ (Nintendo, 1-2 players, Rated E for Everyone, 600 Wii Points): Use colored triangular panels to create a vibrant mosaic of stained glass in Art Style: ROTOHEX. As triangles fall from the top of the screen, rotate them to group six panels of the same color and create a matching hexagon, or HEX. Once the HEX has been formed, it will disappear, allowing the existing panels to shift and more panels to fill the playing field. A clear-cut goal and two different styles of intuitive controls allow you to focus solely on the game play-which is vital, as the playing field will be full of panels before you know it. With multiple modes (unlock more as you progress further in SOLO mode), special item panels at your disposal, and the ability to play cooperatively or competitively with a friend, there will always be another HEX to create.

Virtual Console

Earthworm Jim (Sega Genesis, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone - Animated Violence, 800 Wii Points): Jim was an ordinary earthworm who did very earthworm-like things, such as flee from crows and eat dirt. One day, during an outer space fight, a suit drops to Earth and falls around Jim. It mutates him into a large and intelligent (at least by earthworm standards) superhero. Play as Jim in this Sega Genesis classic. When Jim learns of the evil plans of Psy-Crow and Queen Slug-for-a-Butt, he decides to rescue Princess What’s-Her-Name. Run, gun, swing on hooks by your head and launch cows at the interesting characters you meet along the way, such as Major Mucus, Chuck and Fifi, Evil the Cat, and Bob the Killer Goldfish.

Scrubking

Well I got the game and I'd describe it as a fun game that is poorly presented. The pinball stuff is fine and very fun, but the game is forced single player. That means that you can only enter one name and all of the scores are recorded for that name. If you want to enter a new name you have to delete your save and start over from scratch.

There is online multiplayer though, that I haven't tried, and leaderboards which are clunky to use. There's also supposed to be downloadable levels and stuff that you can unlock.

I think the game is good and easily worth $8, but the forced local single player is totally stupid and no doubt it will turn some away.

Valtox

Looks like the mission packs are free, I tried to DL all of them. THe game says they are available from 11/7 (wich is today) but the fact they cost 0 points stinks. The fact that triyng to DL them nothing happens stinks even more. Maybe in a few weeks..
The game is quite nice, destroying buildings is fun and makes you feel like in a Godzilla way, but the multiple types of attack are not so immediate to get, and a bit far from the original, easy to play, concept. I think.
Anyway I just had 5 minutes of gameplay, maybe I'll get used to it.

Space Invaders is really fun so far. I barely got through the game twice, that I was already itching to try out more. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like the additional levels are online yet, so I guess the I'll just have to wait to be suckered by this shameful DLC.

edit : By the way, love the cheesy dialogues :lol .

I was going to log on to buy World of Goo or Strong bad 1 (i hadn't made up my mind yet) when i realized my Wii's orange Wii Connect 24 light wasnt on. A couple of button presses and wire checks later, i came to the conclusion my Wii was dead. It simply wont turn on. Whats sad is that i have no idea when this happened as i hadnt touched it in over a month mainly because of midterms and a slew of 360 games.

That said i have several questions:

1. As a launch system, its well out of warranty. Whats it going to cost me to get it fixed from Nintendo?

2. What is the opinion on the StrongBad games? While Im not a gigantic fan of the property i have always enjoyed the occasional visit to homestar runner and was looking to get into the games. I've waited till now because there are already 3 out which means i dont have to wait to play a next one if i love it.

3. I have heard a mountain of praise about world of goo so i dont need to be convinced there but how many hours of gameplay will it give me compared to say 2 episodes of strong bad?

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Gamer @ Heart said:
1. As a launch system, its well out of warranty. Whats it going to cost me to get it fixed from Nintendo?

My understanding was that NoA charges $75 for out of warranty repairs... but I could be horribly wrong. I was meaning to check on that this week, as I have the option to pick up a few broken Wii systems dirt cheap, and paying $75 to get 'em working would be economically feasible.

Capndrake

Holy shit Space Invaders eats up more space than any other game :lol

314 blocks for the main game, around 120 for each DLC pack, totalling about 680 :lol

Capndrake said:

314 blocks for the main game, around 120 for each DLC pack, totalling about 680 :lol

The reason why they went the DLC route is to get around Nintendo's file size limit, it was originally going to be a retail game!

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Capndrake said:

Sweet Jesus.

maxmars

Capndrake said:

Thanks but no thanks. Fridge management solution first, pls.

Yeah, Space Invaders' size is pretty mental. I'm enjoying the 500 point starter pack, but... not really enough to rush out and get the rest of the game anytime soon.

Alien Crush Returns however, is bloody lovely. <3

Dascu

Capndrake said:

Oh damn, don't think I have enough space left then. Will buy SD card first.

Top Bottom