• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie opening Amsterdam publishing office

Astorian

Bungie today announced a series of expansion plans including the establishment of its first international office.

The new office will open next year in Amsterdam, and will house the studio's publishing and marketing divisions.

zaanan

Banned
Amsterdam eh? Gee I wonder why ;)
KP3jIwJ.png

Boy this is one of the dev teams that I'm not sure if they deserve all the success they got over the last few years. While Cyberpunk is a technical mess with lawsuits, this game got away with a lot, and I mean a lot more than Cyberpunk 2077 ever did.

I'm always surprised how Activision got the brunt of the shit during their partnership, but I can see why Microsoft booted Bungie out the door after Halo 3. These devs have only one thing going for them, the gunplay. Everything else is horrible when you think about it. All of the expansions are just constant recycled stuff, and they got so bad at balancing they decided to vault most of their content. Which wouldn't be a problem, but as many pointed out the new content is barely there. PVP turned into a shit fest, and at this point I think when Lightfall hits in 2022 they will turn off the lights literally for this franchise, and put it on life support. 90% of the lore and character development is on fan made websites, or on weapon descriptions.

Most of the content is so grindy that it makes gatcha mobile games blush. Oh and the whole Amsterdam office, yeah thats for tax evasion, pure and simple. Which is a shame because the actual IP, concepts and designs are interesting, but jesus I would rather see Ubisoft take a stab at the Destiny universe than these hacks

Top Bottom