• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie's Next Project - 'New Halo 3 Campaign Experience'

Kritz

Banned
Francias Castiglione said:
We know Elites do orbital drops, but the pods in the teaser (save for whatever the last one is) are clearly ODST ones.

But, if it is set during / around Halo 2, it's probably not just going to be ODSTs dropping in. Maybe not in direct with the trailer, but I think this is a direction of where the game is going to go.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Broadbandito said:
i bet not
They could go either way. if its not cross compatible they could do things like new armor perms etc. that people have asked for before. But it would split he user base so it is just as likely that they wouldn't. Again I was just guessing.

Either way, if it is on a disc it will contain MP on it so people don't have to swap discs.

Brainboy

By the way, it might be a bit late, but for those wondering if the teaser is CG:

Bungie said:
We hope you haven't dedicated too much time and stress to this 12-hour long countdown event.

We're excited to finally share this with you.

Enjoy this CG-teaser.

Source

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
UltimaPooh said:
Watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-btn5gbB1FI&feature=related

Jump to about 3:15 to see the slipspace.

The tether isn't broken. Where is this mentioned in the Halo time line? That the tether broke?
While I still think that this teaser could be taking place during the Slipspace event, that cutscene doesn't show anything. There's an explosion and the screen turns white. The tether could or could not be falling. There's no way for us to tell.

TDG said:
Of course, for all we know, we could be playing as MC. It seems like we'll be playing as ODSTs, but we really can't know.
PREPARE TO DROP.

It has to be an ODST campaign. They wouldn't just have that line for nothing.

Anyway, color me excited for this. Can't wait to see it in action. :D

chapel

Banned
If this doesn't compound it any more, here is another 01.06.09

010609.png

Lower right hand corner, very faint though.

Dirtbag

clashfan said:
1. Does the trailer hint at a new art style?
2. Is it still a squad base game?
3. Is it still a FPS?
You could always watch it.

1.Not really, seems slightly grittier
2. Implied to be so.
3. No idea. Trailer shot in first person security camera views

Kritz

Banned
clashfan said:
1. Does the trailer hint at a new art style?
2. Is it still a squad base game?
3. Is it still a FPS?

I think those questions still remain to be seen. The game looks far more brown, for one.

I don't think anyone knows if you're fighting with a squad like in GRAW, or fighting in a squad like Call of Duty.

It's probably still first person. Simply because it'd take less effort to make a first person shooter with what they've got.

Falagard

Grimm Fandango said:
You see its remains in the Tsavo Highway level of Halo 3.

True, but the tether might not have come down as part of the slipstream explosion. It may have happened afterwards. In fact, it may come down DURING this new expansion.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
open_mouth_ said:
Bungie revolutionized the FPS genre on consoles and in general, multiplayer gaming in general and with the theater/forge stuff. I have no doubt that this will do great things for expansion packs. Hopefully this is released some time in early '09...

don't tempt me, buddy.

voltron

Kritz said:
I think those questions still remain to be seen. The game looks far more brown, for one.

I don't think anyone knows if you're fighting with a squad like in GRAW, or fighting in a squad like Call of Duty.

It's probably still first person. Simply because it'd take less effort to make a first person shooter with what they've got.

Yeah Bungie are really lazy and hate putting effort into their studio defining franchise.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Bungie confirmed on their site that the trailer is CG. I don't think we can assume the art style will be much different from Halo 3 unless all the artists are brand new. It would be nice to get a better idea of timeframe though...

Kritz said:

Third person would be easy enough to do, the large weapon pickups/vehicles in Halo 3 do it very well indeed.

Brainboy

LunaticPuma said:
Bungie confirmed on their site that the trailer is CG. I don't think we can assume the art style will be much different from Halo 3 unless all the artists are brand new. It would be nice to get a better idea of timeframe though...

I said it in the Halo thread (this doubling up should probably stop soon...), but I think the Bungie guys can do amazing things with the Halo 3 engine. We know the engine can do amazing lighting effects, and some of the filters they have done are pretty sweet too. So there's no reason to believe a darker game can't be made with the engine.

To be honest, I was looking forward to seeing Bungie tackle something new after all the hype and speculation, especially now that Microsoft is getting its own team in place for future Halo projects.

Still, I'm excited for this. You can never have too much Halo campaign as far as I'm concerned. Looking forward to seeing more.

voltron

Brainboy said:
I said it in the Halo thread (this doubling up should probably stop soon...), but I think the Bungie guys can do amazing things with the Halo 3 engine. We know the engine can do amazing lighting effects, and some of the filters they have done are pretty sweet too. So there's no reason to believe a darker game can't be made with the engine.

The Halo 3 engine is easily one of my favourites this gen. Far far fucking superior to UE3.

GhaleonEB

Cocopjojo said:
Well, remember how pissed everyone was when we had the hype buildup with Halo 2's "Save Earth" ad campaign. This is Bungie's answer.
Well, that and the first five levels of Halo 3 taking place on Earth.

Zzoram

Dirtbag 504 said:
Timeline looks to be mid-halo 2 -> 3.
So we most likely get to fight elites, brutes, and flood.

The Elites were the best enemy to ever exist in the Halo universe. The Flood are easily the worst. Enemies with the same capabilities as yourself, using squad tactics and cover are interesting to fight. Enemies that just charge right at you are terrible.

Quazar

Spaceman Spiff said:
To be honest, I was looking forward to seeing Bungie tackle something new after all the hype and speculation, especially now that Microsoft is getting its own team in place for future Halo projects.

Still, I'm excited for this. You can never have too much Halo campaign as far as I'm concerned. Looking forward to seeing more.

Yea but it makes sense for Bungie as a independent studio to go the safe route to money. Maybe next generation we'll see them do something new.

voltron

Quazar said:
Yea but it makes sense for Bungie as a independent studio to go the safe route to money. Maybe next generation we'll see them do something new.

Theyre working one more than one game geniuses. Some people have it at 3 parallel projects.

Sibylus

Banned
Expectations exceeded! The cycle of dehype was successful.

I have to wonder why people are saying this teaser is CG, it's blatantly animated concept art with smaller "fragments" moving across the larger backdrop.

Halo 3: Episode One, eh? Botolf wants teh medias!

Top Bottom