• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie Announces New Halo 3 Map - Chill Out Remake (Also - Bungie Fans: Come to PAX)

Kibbles

Pizza Luigi said:
The motion sickness game?

I don't want to play this Halo 3 then, 3D visuals would make me even sicker!
That was the arcade version, the real game wasn't motion-sickening, and obviously in a 3D world and more modernized it would be totally different.

Blueblur1

LukeSmith said:
YES NUTTER, YES

Oh, shit. NeoGAF Halo Thread Super Meet-Up PAX 08?
Oh yes. A friend (who recently joined GAF) and I have booked everything for PAX. I can't wait for the end of August.

Buttonbasher said:
If it goes down, make sure someone brings the NeoGAF Halo 3 Flag:
H3GAFBRIMLEY.jpg
This was a stupid "meme" back then, and it's stupid now.

GhaleonEB said:
Disgruntled Gamer posted a close-up in the Halo thread. It absolutely looks like a Monitor. And given the fiction snippets about "The Smuggler" from the Weekly Updates, I agree it might be Penitent Tangent.
Except, by default, Penitent Tangent is red.

GhaleonEB said:
I'm trying not to set expectations too high for myself, but one thing struck me about the unveiling of this map: Microsoft isn't supporting it with any PR or assets. When the first screens from the Heroic and Legendary map packs were show, Microsoft put out PR announcing them, complete with the name of the map pack. It was all over xbox.com.

Here Bungie unveiled it themselves at MLG last week, in a fairly low-key way, then put up two screens on their website - and still nothing from Microsoft. And no word of the next map pack title or timing. There's two other maps Bungie has talked about, code named Moonbase Alpha and Purple Reign. The conventional wisdom is that Cold Storage would be the third map in the next set.

But Luke killed that notion.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11604728&postcount=57692

So this map is NOT being released in a pack with the next two. Which raises the question of how/when it comes out, and why Microsoft isn't promoting it.

Which makes me think that's because Microsoft won't make any money off promoting it. So maybe the Bungie Day theory is correct. Hmmm.

Imma hoping for Bungie Day!

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
U K Narayan said:
Except, by default, Penitent Tangent is red.

Not necessarily. When we get a glimpse of Penitent Tangent, he's not having a very good day. And Guilty Spark goes a bit red when he's stressed a bit too, eh? I'd speculated that the monitor coloration had to do with which installation they were assigned to, a sort of homage to the Biblical allusions of the Ark and the Flood which ultimately culminate in a Rainbow, but after seeing 343's little freak out, I think it may be something much more simple. It might just be a visual status indicator. Red is for warning.

urk said:
Not necessarily. When we get a glimpse of Penitent Tangent, he's not having a very good day. And Guilty Spark goes a bit red when he's stressed a bit too, eh? I'd speculated that the monitor coloration had to do with which installation they were assigned to, a sort of homage to the Biblical allusions of the Ark and the Flood which ultimately culminate in a Rainbow, but after seeing 343's little freak out, I think it may be something much more simple. It might just be a visual status indicator. Red is for warning.
I knew you would end up replying to this in such a fashion.

I'm going to consider that Bungie didn't take mood coloration in mind when they made Halo 2. My statement still stands.

Cold storage looks so awesome. I love the aesthetics, and I loved the geometry of Chill Out.

Here's hoping this map comes sooner rather than later in the form of a Bungie Day freebie :D

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
U K Narayan said:
I knew you would end up replying to this in such a fashion.

I'm going to consider that Bungie didn't take mood coloration in mind when they made Halo 2. My statement still stands.

no u

Blueblur1

U K Narayan said:
This was a stupid "meme" back then, and it's stupid now.

Wow, troll much?

Anyway... I'm really looking forward to this map being free. Not because I don't want to pay for it (I totally would). I want it to be free so that everyone will have it and thus it'll be integrated in the regular matchmaking playlists quickly.

That is the one issue I have with the Legendary Map Pack. Its still $10 and many players still don't have the pack. The DLC playlists are great but I'd like to be able to play Blackout in the Team Slayer and Lone Wolves hoppers.

Ramirez

Metroidvania said:
Midwest.

Only thing I'd have to work around (besides cost) is school starting back up that week.

So the midwest is the same distance to Seattle as SE Ky these days, interesting!

Top Bottom