• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Letter from Bonnie Ross in regards to MCC (Halo 3 ODST SP free to MCC players)

Yeah, everyone else in the world could be wrong.

It happens all the time.

What do you have to lose if you already owned the game? Some people were getting lucky with the MP and got into some good matches. My first reaction was wanting to see how fucked it was by myself.

But then I personally don't understand buying a game at full price and then throwing it on a pile to play months later so.

It's good news to have more content

BUT

the entire point of the MCC is to have all SP and Mp halo games on a single disc right ?

So with all the day one patch, the fix and ODST coming later as DL, that defies the purpose.

Even if we wait for a " complete MCC " disc, it will fit two discs right ?

I still prefer two discs over +30gb to download besde the disc

at this point they might as well make Reach as paid dlc so we can have the whole series on xbox one, i'd like that. Also Halo Wars 2, and have it come with HW1.

What do you have to lose if you already owned the game? Some people were getting lucky with the MP and got into some good matches. My first reaction was wanting to see how fucked it was by myself.

But then I personally don't understand buying a game at full price and then throwing it on a pile to play months later so.
Well for me I bought it at launch, read it had a ton of issues so because I was busy with work and had other backlog games decided to wait for the next patch. After each new patch Id keep an eye on it. Only after the last patch did it seem somewhat worth hopping on. I fortunately played it last night before the cutoff but I don't think its that ridiculous to not waste time on a game until you hear things are resolved.

Nice, althought I consider ODST to be the weakest campaign. Would've preferred Reach but that probably has a more modified engine than ODST.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
They had no plans for ODST before according to the blog post.

I don't buy it. The amount of work and cost involved is not something you green light simply to satisfy a few fans. This was definitely in the works already, and is being used to patch up the bad PR from MCC.

The ODST update only applies for those who played the game online?
I only stood on the matchmaking screen for a while to see how awful was the problem but I played campaign.
I'll gladly pay for Reach as DLC.

FZW

Yeah, everyone else in the world could be wrong.

It happens all the time.
Well the "world" told me not to buy a 360 cause its gonna red ring and I bought two anyway and neither one of them had any issues. They are both 5 years old now. So yes it does happen, your experience don't necessarily have to be my experience.

Be an individual. Try things for yourself before you jump on a bandwagon.

I don't buy it. The amount of work and cost involved is not something you green light simply to satisfy a few fans. This was definitely in the works already, and is being used to patch up the bad PR from MCC.
I agree. Especially when their FAQ claims it'll be out spring 2015. It feels like planned DLC they are using to smooth things over

The ODST update only applies for those who played the game online?
I only stood on the matchmaking screen for a while to see how awful was the problem but I played campaign.
I'll gladly pay for Reach as DLC.

Some people never got into MP at all so I doubt you had to get into a match. It's most likely just play MCC online as in "have booted the game up as you were online with your Xbox"

Ominym

Banned
"Also, we'll be replacing Sadie's Story with a new radio drama about Sarah Palmer's sorority days."

Does she have a red-hot tryst with an engineering professor who ultimately breaks her heart? Obviously with the final shot of the story being her crying, punching the wall and murmuring "... fuck you egghead." As she enters the UNSC recruitment office to enlist?

Holy shit HNGGGGGGGGG DEFERENCE FOR DARKNESS ALL OVER AGAIN. Can't fucking wait!

happy-tears.gif

Madness

I agree. Especially when their FAQ claims it'll be out spring 2015. It feels like planned DLC they are using to smooth things over

But whereas you have two official responses, your evidence is baseless speculation based on your feelings. So what do we go with?

What I want to know is why the fuck Microsoft hired such low rent garbage developers like saber interactive to work on HALO. It would be like Nintendo hiring gameloft or travelers tales to make Mario. Their game time shift was fucking horrid, halo anniversary on 360 had numerous issues and yet once again MS hired them and a few other crappy devs to throw together what should have been a milestone release on a rushed schedule and then wonders why nothing works right.

They should have just let a credible dev like Bluepoint slowly enhance each Halo title and put it up on the marketplace as a downloadable title and over time the complete halo collection would have been available for Xbox one in 1080p/60 fps and nobody would fuss.

But whereas you have two official responses, your evidence is baseless speculation based on your feelings. So what do we go with?

So you really think they can pull together the Xbox One version of ODST in a couple months and they threw together this decision after a couple weeks of issues? There's easier things they could have done that would have quelled the outrage.

Of course they weren't mentioning it before, because if they did people would bitch about it not being in the game or that they're focused on the DLC and not working on the issues with MCC (although i'm sure the ODST is being done by one of their external developers that helped on MCC)

smik

Thats great news!!

Mcc is great bang for buck atm, issues have started to weed away and is alot better ecperience compared to day 1, playing in partys though still needs work

All thats left is halo reach, never plAyed past first level as there perfermance was terrible on the 360

Human_me

It's good news to have more content

BUT

the entire point of the MCC is to have all SP and Mp halo games on a single disc right ?

So with all the day one patch, the fix and ODST coming later as DL, that defies the purpose.

Even if we wait for a " complete MCC " disc, it will fit two discs right ?

I still prefer two discs over +30gb to download besde the disc

I've got MCC but I haven't played it yet due to all these patches.
I have a slow internet as well so it takes forever to download.

As I haven't played the game yet I doubt I'm getting ODST free.
Which annoys me because every time I get close to finishing downloading 343 gives me another patch to download.

EBreda

I only bought MCC for the campaigns. Seems like a pretty great deal to me at least, the whole ODST single player for no additional cost.

Thanks whoever is in charge.

Good gesture, so long as ODST launches with minimal issues. This is likley sourced outside of 343 I would assume, so Halo 5 development won't be affected, so it will be interesting to see how this turns out.

If nothing else it frees up some heat for them at the moment, and it is a really cool offering. They are literally adding another game to the collection post launch. The stipulation is strange that you had to have played the game prior to today, since aren't there still issues to this day? How does everyone else get it?

mike4001_

Possible, but we will never know...

Mechazawa

My heart skipped a beat thinking someone was stupid enough to give us ODST on the 360 as compensation.

The remastered version though is pretty great, though.

And yes, best Halo since CE.

Doesn't matter to me. Free game is a free game. And I *wanted* to play ODST somehow.

If it was already in the works and they are just offering it for free to people that played the game up to yesterday, how would people feel about them charging people post launch for ODST as DLC?

To me it would seem kind of slimey to sell a Halo collection and keep certain games out becuase there was no Master Chief only to sell them as an add on at a later date. Then again most DLC practices are slimey.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
If it was already in the works and they are just offering it for free to people that played the game up to yesterday, how would people feel about them charging people post launch for ODST as DLC?

To me it would seem kind of slimey to sell a Halo collection and keep certain games out becuase there was no Master Chief only to sell them as an add on at a later date. Then again most DLC practices are slimey.

What?

You're getting 3 remasteres and a remake for 60 bucks.

It's slimey if they want to sell the other remasters seperate? This isn't a charity.

Honestly. What in the actual fuck?

Daigoro

ODST meh.

I like how she is promising 1080p and 60 fps again... Seriously don't jump the gun Bonnie. That didn't turn out so well the first time.

Nice gesture, but I kind of don't care.

jelly

Decent offer. Pity no Firefight as it was the best it has ever been.

Hope Reach makes it over one day as well.

Just a shame all games aren't the absolute best they could be and will always be an imperfect collection. Top performance, bug free as can be, coop is silky smooth, firefight, CEA isn't a disappointing make over, PC ports not living up to console versions etc. going a little further with upgrading games, killing the instant switch but allowing a classic mode or not. It would be sweet to see the series get that care and attention.

Top Bottom