• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie's Next Project - 'New Halo 3 Campaign Experience'

TheDiabolical

I didn't read my own avatar and now everyone knows I'm not too bright. :(
so Bungie is making a Mario game?

remember when Shigeru Miyamoto said "i could of made Halo" or something along those lines and Bungie responded with, we could make a game with a fat plummer guy.

wasn't the character Mario based on the landlord (superintendent.) of a building that Nintendo rented.

superintendent.........is a manager responsible for repair and maintenance in a residential building. They are the first point of contact for residents of the building. They are expected to take care of minor issues and repairs, such as small leaks or blockages.

landlord.......Super Mario Bros........Superintendent?

I think it's going to be a first person Under Siege movie where you play as a superintendent who used to be in the Navy.

"I'm just a super"

TDG

Banned
Kafel said:
CVG hints that a Bungie game in the Halo universe will be revealed at E3.
Yeah, I call bullshit on that one. Way too soon. We don't even know if Bungie will be at E3...
suspicious.gif

alexh

A seemingly important human is taken prisoner by EVIL CONGLOMERATE. He is utilized as a maintenance worker onboard the spaceship Curious Vindication. After years of plumbing and fixing EVIL CONGLOMERATE terminals, he refers to himself as Le Superintendante, or 'The Superintendant'. We watch as this otherwise normal person turns into a badgering and impatient superintendant, and tests the patience of the EVIL CONGLOMERATE, whom have iniquitous and alternative plans for "the super". Tempers finally reach a boiling point when "the super" decides to start charging rent.

the disgruntled gamer said:
Yeah, I call bullshit on that one. Way too soon. We don't even know if Bungie will be at E3...
suspicious.gif

Yeah I really don't doubt that Bungie will develop the next "true" Halo game as in Halo 4, but I definitely think they have another project that they'll announce and release first. Hopefully we see on Monday, or at E3 or at PAX. The sooner the better.

Tieno

Just read those 3 posts by the Superintendent and it feels like the title (whether XBLA or full retail) will be either cutesy or humorous or both.

Tieno

clashfan said:
What are you hiding from us?
I caught it before the edit, it was pretty disturbing, don't know where the hell he got those pics but I guess he edited because of privacy issues.

Tieno

Kibbles said:
When I checked his post history he now has a lot more than 3 posts.

You're right. Let's do a character study based on what he has posted.
-He likes things clean
-He likes rules and warns people
-He is in charge of something

IIIIlll : Halo 3 Forum : Why is Miles said to be worth the holy recon... but some fraud made it?

ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK

Last Modified - 6/18/2008
IIIIlll : Bungie.net Community : Who is the Superintendent?

PLEASE REMAIN CALM

IIIIlll : Halo 3 Forum : Playing against a bungie employee

OBEY POSTED LIMITS

IIIIlll : Halo 3 Forum : Why H3 sucks..

KEEP IT CLEAN

IIIIlll : Halo 3 Forum : Kim Kardashian Pics?

BE A HERO! REPORT VIOLATORS

Last Modified - 6/17/2008
IIIIlll : Halo 3 Forum : What do (You) do when you are getting owned

Last Modified - 6/11/2008
IIIIlll : Halo 3 Forum : Halo's Spawning System...

WALKWAY ENDING, PLEASE LOOK DOWN

IIIIlll : Halo 3 Forum : The Superintendant

VEHICLE MAKES FREQUENT STOPS

IIIIlll : Halo 3 Forum : if u had control of bungie for 1 hour what would u change?

SPEED ZONE AHEAD

IIIIlll : Halo 3 Forum : isnt it frustrated when noobs camp and hide ahhhh!!!!!!

YOUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK

IIIIlll : Halo 3 Forum : Truth and reconcilation

RECYCLING: DO YOUR PART!

IIIIlll : Halo 3 Forum : CLICK IT OR TICKET

Posted by: x Foman123 x Stop spamming.

Last Modified - 6/9/2008
IIIIlll : Halo 3 Forum : CLICK IT OR TICKET

KEEP IT CLEAN

Last Modified - 6/9/2008
IIIIlll : Halo 3 Forum : Wow, trueskill system works? Deranked...from a win.

PLEASE REMAIN CALM

Last Modified - 6/9/2008
IIIIlll : Halo 3 Forum : Impossible! How does this guy do it?

Last Modified - 6/9/2008
IIIIlll : Halo 3 Forum : Describe you minds thoughts while playing Halo in 5 words.

LOOK BOTH WAYS BEFORE CROSSING

Last Modified - 6/9/2008
IIIIlll : Halo 3 Forum : Bungie, have you played your game?

Last Modified - 6/6/2008
IIIIlll : Halo 3 Forum : What is your favorite RvB line

KEEP IT CLEAN

Last Modified - 6/6/2008
IIIIlll : Halo 3 Forum : Why do they do this to us??

KEEP IT CLEAN

Last Modified - 6/5/2008
IIIIlll : Halo 3 Forum : Hey everybody check out this awsome website

PARDON OUR DUST

Last Modified - 6/5/2008
IIIIlll : Halo 3 Forum : Boosters. Do they deserve to be Banned?

Last Modified - 6/5/2008
IIIIlll : Halo 3 Forum : My 5 Star General Friend.. 21512 Games.. Please read and help with my Q..

Last Modified - 6/5/2008
IIIIlll : Halo 3 Forum : What would you write on Sgt. Johnson's gravestone? (300+ Posts!)

KEEP IT CLEAN

Last Modified - 6/5/2008
IIIIlll : Halo 3 Forum : Halo 3 wont work on my pc?!? :-(

WHITE ZONE FOR LOADING ONLY

Last Modified - 6/5/2008
IIIIlll : Halo 3 Forum : The stupidest thing youve heard a little kid say..

GOOD CITIZENS CONSERVE FUEL

Last Modified - 6/4/2008

IIIIlll : Halo 3 Forum : Head To head Acievment Boosting

GOOD CITIZENS CONSERVE FUEL

Last Modified - 6/3/2008
IIIIlll : Halo 3 Forum : I WANT U..............to join finger bang

Last Modified - 6/3/2008
IIIIlll : Halo 3 Forum : Bungie needs to stop worrying about "looks"

KEEP IT CLEAN

Last Modified - 6/3/2008
IIIIlll : Halo 3 Forum : COMMUNITY Mishap Montage OUT NOW! <Youtube Video Inside!>

YOUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK

Last Modified - 6/2/2008
IIIIlll : Halo 3 Forum : Bungie Underestimated The FlameThrower!

BEACH OPEN FOR WATER CONTACT

Last Modified - 6/2/2008
IIIIlll : Halo 3 Forum : forum post help

PARDON OUR DUST

Last Modified - 6/2/2008
IIIIlll : Halo 3 Forum : wow bungie

LOOK BOTH WAYS BEFORE CROSSING

Last Modified - 5/30/2008
IIIIlll : Halo 3 Forum : can someone please tell me what

Posted by: JLAND484 is the deal with all the naked lady screenshots in halo 3 i have a few on my file share b/c my friend wanted to see it but how are you not going to get banned for having

Last Modified - 5/29/2008
IIIIlll : The News : Movies, a Blog and Order Arrives at Bungie.net

Posted by: I no have halos Say goodbye to the screenshot forum. Way to try and be first by saying everything was "Nice!" when infact, they just -blam!- us over.

Last Modified - 5/29/2008

GhaleonEB

Reordered the OP so that it's in reverse chronological order, that way the new stuff is on top. Added Tieno's log of the Superintendent posts, and pics of the gamerpic and dashboard theme showing the Superintendent icon released (early) as part of Bungie Day.

joey_z

Banned
On Bungie.net:

3D Hard Surface Artist

Bungie Studios is looking for skilled, talented individuals capable of taking a 2d concept and fully realizing it as an impeccably detailed 3d hard surface model such as a vehicles, weapons, or mechanical props.

ZOMFG

Tieno

joey_z said:
On Bungie.net:

3D Hard Surface Artist

Bungie Studios is looking for skilled, talented individuals capable of taking a 2d concept and fully realizing it as an impeccably detailed 3d hard surface model such as a vehicles, weapons, or mechanical props.

ZOMFG
That's just taking concept art (which is 2d) and realizing that artwork into a 3d game environment/model/whatever.

joey_z said:
On Bungie.net:

3D Hard Surface Artist

ZOMFG
Every asset in any game starts out as a 2D concept. These "2D Concepts" are known to us common folk as drawings.

My best guess:

"Superintendent" uses the Halo 3 engine. You are a cute lil character who's tasked with cleaning up messes and fixing thing in a sci-fi environment. Think Super Mario Sunshine, or that droid from Wall-e that has to keep the ship clean. You have different tools available for different tasks. You have a quota to satisfy and you are ranked on your performance.

Kibbles said:
From the beginning of the ViDoc it certainly seems like something will be announced today... but when? o_O
I assume it won't be until E3 but I hope you're right ;)

Kibbles

Time to whip out the quotes!

From ViDoc

Luke: Our independence has a striving for becoming a multigame studio and the first thing we are going to announce today
Shishka: Woah, woah, woah. We're not announcing anything yet.
Luke: But dude, it's Bungie Day, well ok, it's a few days before Bungie Day, what can we announce?

I don't know about you guys, but the impression I got from this was that Luke is trying to announce something but Shishka is saying 'not yet' because it's not Bungie Day yet, it's a few days before Bungie Day. Then they go on to talk about Cold Storage.

Kibbles said:
I don't know about you guys, but the impression I got from this was that Luke is trying to announce something but Shishka is saying 'not yet' because it's not Bungie Day yet, it's a few days before Bungie Day. Then they go on to talk about Cold Storage.
Assuming leads to disappointment. Bungie is wonderful to their fans, but sometimes we expect a bit more than we receive.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Kibbles said:
Time to whip out the quotes!

From ViDoc

Luke: Our independence has a striving for becoming a multigame studio and the first thing we are going to announce today
Shishka: Woah, woah, woah. We're not announcing anything yet.
Luke: But dude, it's Bungie Day, well ok, it's a few days before Bungie Day, what can we announce?

I think you're clutching at Lukes thick creamy sarcasm coated straws, but that sounds like some kind of wierd sexual act he might actually enjoy, so go ahead.

I think the best we can hope for today is some cryptic clues, or an announcement that they are working on something.

I think they'll wait until E3 before any sort of proper announcement.

/Waiting to be proved wrong!

Kibbles

Well I wouldn't get hopes up for E3 either since they aren't listed for being there (yet) and they aren't under Microsoft anymore now that they split.

OK, now I'm definitely certain that this "Superintendent" game takes place in an evil dystopia. The "Superintendent" is actually the 'manager' of this highly regulated society. This is due to things like "Good citizens conserve fuel" (usually, citizen is used in the context of a dystopia) and "Report violators" as well as alien-sounding words like "water contact."

Kafel

Banned
There were already the free Cold Storage and the Legendary Map Pack price drop today, I don't expect anything more.

FrankT

New Bungie Game Announcement Next Monday?

The latest Bungie podcast, which features the usual internal shenanigans — we get up to speed on the developer's air conditioning situation whilst discussing all things Halo — ends with a potential tease about the team's next title being revealed. After lamenting the lack of hard, breaking news over the course of the 91-minute(!) podcast, co-hosts Brian Jarrard and Luke Smith cruelly tease something being revealed at E3.

The following exchange wraps up the Bungie Podcast.

Brian: Isn't there something going on on July 14th or something like that?
Luke: Yeah, around then.
Brian: Somehow that's sticking in my head for some reason. Guess we'll have to see.
Luke: Yep, we'll just have to be patient. Who could say?

No, not very helpful. Listening to it though, is very different from reading it, as Smith and Jarrard's delivery leaves little doubt that Bungie has something up its sleeve.

We're sure that since both Microsoft and EA are holding their press conferences that day, at least one of them is going to announce something good. And it might even be Bungie related. And it might even have something to do with that little plunger man they've been shoving in our faces all year.

http://kotaku.com/5022771/new-bungie-game-announcement-next-monday

So the Microsoft press conference then eh.

looks like we'll get something at the MS conference, thinking something smaller scale because the next big Bungie game would overshadow Gears 2

szaromir

Banned
Man, sometimes it's not a good thing to know stuff in advance, because you lose all the fun with speculation and looking for hints.

GodfatherX said:
looks like we'll get something at the MS conference, thinking something smaller scale because the next big Bungie game would overshadow Gears 2
Superintendent is probably an XBLA game coming out this fall.

clashfan

It's starting to really seem like Bungie is doing a platform game just to spite Miyamoto-san for his slang against Halo.

Crovax33

clashfan said:
It's starting to really seem like Bungie is doing a platform game just to spite Miyamoto-san for his slang against Halo.
I doubt thats the main motive. Bungie separated from MS because they wanted to do something different. A 2D platformer is as different as you can get from previous Bungie games. The whole plumber thing must be just their way to joke about it.

GhaleonEB

szaromir said:
Man, sometimes it's not a good thing to know stuff in advance, because you lose all the fun with speculation and looking for hints.
Oh, I think this is still going to surprise everyone.

Top Bottom