• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burger King to have $1 Rodeo Crispy Chicken and Rodeo Burger for limited time

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Burger King Arms for $1 Menu Rumble:

Burger King has signaled its acceptance of making value menus a 2014 battlefield. The No. 2 burger chain expanded its budget lineup and rechristened it the King Deals Value Menu.

Added as limited-time $1 items are the Rodeo Crispy Chicken and Rodeo Burger, both of which are topped with barbecue sauce and crunchy onion rings.
Both also are items Burger King has offered previously in Europe and South America.

“We’re launching the new King Deals Value Menu including classics and new favorites like the Rodeo Sandwiches all starting at just $1,” said Eric Hirschhorn, BK CMO North America in a release. “We’ve seen an incredible response from our guests with our $1 menu items and we want to continue creating great tasting products that don’t sacrifice on taste.”

Burger King has used the “King Deals” name for daily-discount menus where a different sandwich is spotlighted each day. In February, Burger King tested that tactic in selected U.S. markets, offering one of five different combo meals each weekday, with each priced at $4.99.

But in the U.S., $1 items are the preferred weapons for the ongoing battle for customers. In November, McDonald’s rolled out its Dollar Menu & More, bulking it up with five new burgers priced from $1 to $2. It also is testing a “McDouble Menu” that spotlights its growing list of $1 and $2 McDouble beef and chicken burgers. Wendy’s recently added a Spicy Chipotle Jr. Cheeseburger and Spicy Chipotle Crispy Chicken sandwich—both priced at 99¢–to its Right Price, Right Size value menu.

More coverage, cheese is extra:

Burger King is out with new, limited-time $1 Rodeo Sandwiches and with the latest addition, have renamed their BK Value Menu to the "King Deals Value Menu."

The new Rodeo Sandwiches consist of the Rodeo Crispy Chicken and the Rodeo Burger. Both are slight variations on the Rodeo Cheeseburger that Burger King used to offer.

The Rodeo Crispy Chicken comes with a crispy chicken patty, sweet and spicy BBQ sauce, and onions rings on a sesame seed bun, while the Rodeo Burger is the same except with a flame-grilled patty rather than chicken. A slice of cheese can be added but it'll cost you extra (usually about 50 cents but varying by location).

Not sure why Burger King decided to rename their value menu, but the "King Deals" moniker was also used previously, in certain markets, for their daily $4.99 combos. Burger King is planning to add limited-time burgers to the value menu throughout 2014.

Nutritional Info - Burger King Rodeo Burger (111g)
Calories - 310 (from Fat - 110)
Fat - 13g (Saturated Fat - 4g)
Sodium - 450mg
Carbs - 38g (Sugar - 9g)
Protein - 9g

Nutritional Info - Burger King Rodeo Crispy Chicken (154g)
Calories - 410 (from Fat - 150)
Fat - 17g (Saturated Fat - 3g)
Sodium - 870mg
Carbs - 53g (Sugar - 14g)
Protein - 12g

C33iaUN.jpg

Hell yeah, love the Rodeo burger. I'll try the chicken version if I get a chance
Edit: dammit just saw the cheese thing, they don't wanna be number 1.

Quixzlizx

I don't like american cheese on burgers, so no cheese by default just increases the odds my order won't get screwed up.

I had a Rodeo Burger today at lunch. It was fucking delicious. Onion rings mmmmmm and the BBQ sauce actually was spicy which was a nice surprise. I had a Rib Sandwich too which was also $1, so my meal was $2.14 total. Holy shit.

Beatrix

Cheese would be too expensive to make it standard in the sandwhich. Didn't McDonalds save millions of dollars by removing a slice of cheese from the McDouble?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I tried these yesterday. Mine came with cheese by default and only cost a dollar, so the extra charge definitely must be a YMMV thing.

Omega

Banned
me and my friend were just talking about this.

BK must have heard us and brought it back. your welcome guys

akira28

Is this in America? Because these fuckers in the past have all but refused to make rodeo burgers, and they don't believe me when I tell them people still make them by request.

Foaloal

I'm so jealous of the US and your dollar menus.

Here in Canada McDonald's has a "$1.40" menu, which is nice but 40 cents too expensive considering our dollar is usually pretty equal to yours. At some place like Wendy's you're lucky to get something for $2.

As the article mentioned Burger King just has a different combo each day for $4.99 here, so you don't even really get a choice if you want a cheap option.

If I ever come to the US on a trip I will eat so much fast food I'm going to come home several pounds fatter (and I have a pretty good metabolism)

so its just a burger with a half serving of onion rings for a dollar.

thats a pretty great deal. Wish i was still in college...

wait now i'm working, i can afford that cheese and live like a king.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
see a cow you can just get it's meat and cook it but for cheese you gotta milk it and wait a long time for cheese to form and time is money

The cheese they use probably takes less time to make than slaughtering a cow.

Also probably never been inside a cow.

smurfx

get some go again
just had the rodeo burger and it's pretty good. right now burger king has the best dollar menu.

Kenai

I was really happy when I saw they still have the Rodeo burger as a regular item out west. Glad more people will get to try it.

kehs

Banned
These things are pretty fucking good for a buck.

Cashier lady also rolled it into a combo for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom