• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Cthulhu Mafia |OT| Nuts on this island taste insane! Yum Yum!

Castamere: You were pretty active yesterday but don't seem t' have much to day today. Got any pressing thoughts you'd like to share?

Cross posting.

Sorry for the short notice, but I'm moving today. If I'm not back by the next day phase replace me. I should be back, but I'm not sure.

Sorry. I would post fleeting thoughts, but I've been up 27 hours now with 2 hours of sleep, and haven't actually started moving yet. I've just been running around switching utilities and stuff. The only thought I have is sleep.

Never Forever: You had some decent input yesterday and I'd like t' see what you have to think about where we stand now in more depth.

Okay, I am now reunited with my laptop in beautiful England so here we start to go.

I guess with Darryl's role in the open I can share some more information.

You can only be recruited if you were insane before you stranded in the island.

Thanks, this is helpful.

Now that I've had a chance to go through things in a bit more depth, I am still thoroughly fucked off / absolutely infuriated, but at least I believe that Darryl's role flip offers a greater understanding of the workings of the game and the mafia gameplan. Purely guesswork/balancing meta perspective (based on the little I remember of the AC and SW games), I suppose that the most likely combination is three cultists + two 'lost partners'. But I don't want to fall into the trap of WWZT (what was Zatoth thinking?) too much.

I don't know if they have an Investigative role, or possibly that they are targeting people who they think are most likely to be on their side, if their targets will be recruited instead of killed: a possible explanation for the Fireblend death Night 1? Just reading through the last page, the speculation on Fireblend's death sticks out.
Fireblend was a good choice. Mafia wants to avoid the obvious targets early on because it gives us too much to work with, and they could be caught. Fireblend was a potential threat because he talked a lot but none of us had a stong opinion of him.
Maybe Fireblend was an attractive prospect and their best guess for an Insane Tourist? He was definitely playing it in a way that meant that nobody had fixated on him. Just throwing shit out there. As to the extent of their abilities, being able to chip away at town with a kill whilst simultaneously adding to their numbers with a Recruiter ability sounds like it could be a touch imbalanced if they got lucky. But who knows. I think that the insanity mechanic from the item definitely exists to offer false positives to an investigator of some description, either Town or Cult aligned.

So the very least we've got some knowledge out of this, although the lack of a role for Sorian is probably one of the worst things that could have happened to this game, and it's kind of impossible for me to stop brooding over it because it's just so argh. I think that certain players began throwing so much attention towards Sorian at the end of Day 2 that Neuro may have begun to think that he had a point with his whole #RememberTucah campaign and so pushed through with #ForgetSorian. (Blargonaut is the main proponent considering the amount of stuff he addressed to Sorian + his read of Sorian, but other players such as TheWorthyEdge chimed in, and I'm not sure if it's entirely sarcastic/it reads as sarcasm to others). Sorian may have been viewed as unassailable with a majority of players being unlikely to join a campaign for his head.

The situation is still absolutely abominable, and the problem is that speculating on it doesn't really do us much good as we really need to be trucking forward. Nobody knew that Neuro had the item so there was no chance anyone was purposefully influencing him. We get nothing from talking about nothing, other than the fact that Neuro is like a postmortem/whatever Public Enemy #1 and this was the most anti-Town, information-killing function of the item used to dazzling effect in the worst motherfucking goddamn possible way and I am fuming even contemplating it any further.

Now onto the more solid/less wishy-washy stuff...

Personally, I disapprove of calling out inactives at this stage in the game because they're more likely to be bored Ordinary Tourists than anything and (as we can tell from the thread) waiting for their responses kills discussion. And sans Sorian to chivvy us along with his every waking thought (miss you babe), the conversation is so much more likely to die. At the very least, lynching Coppanuva gives us information based on what he has already posted and offers many different options as we look back over his interactions. If we get a lynch which offers very little information because the person's only posted twice and then maybe popped up a bit more for their own defence, I will be quite unhappy.

I have a couple of people I want to follow up on but I'm just collecting posts right now / very tired and trying to get a sense of which case is the strongest as we stand in Day 3 with barely any usable material. I'm the sort of person who prefers to wait until he has something with merit to say, but given the complete lack of anything we're likely to get today if the conversation continues to meander the way it is, I suppose it's time for me to step up and start throwing my own brand of crazy around.

I would be happy with a Coppanuva lynch but I would like to present an alternative case if only to feel like we actually got some proper debating done today and some potential nuggets of information for later along the line. Inactive vs active player is not how I would like for it to play out, even if the active player does end up getting the chop.

I think that the insanity mechanic from the item definitely exists to offer false positives to an investigator of some description, either Town or Cult aligned.

So to expand upon this idea.

Basically, the flavour says that Cultists are mad, so any Cult members, potential Cultists and item users would all flag as insane to a sanity investigator. To fit the flavour, I think a sanity investigator is more likely than a straightforward alignment investigator.

In theory, if Town, they would have to be more reliant on reads and their judgement as opposed to just trusting everything that comes back to them. However, if Cult, and they have to target for a kill in order to target at all, any false positives from their Investigator that they act on mean that they fail to recruit. They're still whittling down Tourists, which is a positive for them, but raising their own number is preferable as it makes them more likely to achieve their win condition one way or another.

However, in practise, Darryl put the item out in the open near immediately, which is an interesting move from the Insane Tourist, and the cogs in my brain aren't really turning rn but I felt it important to throw it out there so someone else could make use of it or not because he's dead and so his motivations are of questionable use to us. And then we know that Neuro got it Day 2 because he immediately used it. So it's sort of been outed immediately as a mechanic.

So, I am in two minds about the item
- I could advise against anyone who gets the item using it, as it may potentially make any town alignment investigator's life far more difficult and we want them to be able to trust their judgement
- Equally it could make life tricky for cult and stop them from knowing who their bae is, and so we want people to be using it, even if doing so puts a target on their back.

And that is my final word on the matter because I actually think I have something to say for once even if it is just a 'what if'. Not knowing how insanity works is a problem but I think that the scenario I present is most likely based on what I have read up to this point.

Personally, I disapprove of calling out inactives at this stage in the game because they're more likely to be bored Ordinary Tourists than anything and (as we can tell from the thread) waiting for their responses kills discussion. And sans Sorian to chivvy us along with his every waking thought (miss you babe), the conversation is so much more likely to die. At the very least, lynching Coppanuva gives us information based on what he has already posted and offers many different options as we look back over his interactions. If we get a lynch which offers very little information because the person's only posted twice and then maybe popped up a bit more for their own defence, I will be quite unhappy.

I am in complete agreement. I'm sick of the pussyfooting and defensively play that has gotten us to where we are now. The Cult's job is to stay alive. They're the defense. We have to be aggressive as Town, and that means taking out contributing players if there's a chance they might be scum. And we're gonna be wrong. There are way fewer Cultists than Tourists, so we're gonna be wrong a lot. But if we don't try, all the enemy needs to do is sit back and watch us meander into death.

Droplet

I agree completely with this. We can call out inactives because a player being inactive is just less fun for the game overall, but lynching them won't give us any new information because they haven't posted anything. It's really just much more interesting to talk to people who are actually going to respond. Plus, anything we get from it is going to give us more things to talk about.

So yeah, Coppa, if you're just going to encourage us to wait for nothing, you need to go. Plus you trying to frame Sorian as some secret cultist and Neuro as some masked hero investigator was pretty ridiculous. I still think you're trying to deflect blame from yourself and put it on the inactives, because just like everyone wanted to get Blarg to stop speaking in riddles, everyone is in agreement that inactives should post more. They're easy targets, but not necessarily the right ones, as we saw when by killing Blarg we effectively got rid of two players that were invulnerable to cult kills. I don't think we have the luxury of just getting rid of people because we want to anymore.

VOTE: Coppanuva

RetroMG

Did we ever get an answer as to why Flame_AC was so bent on protecting Coppa? (It was Flame, right?) I feel like that's an important detail, but I can't recall what we found out, and I'm investigating someone else right now.

RetroMG

Hm. Flame, want to speak up any further on this?

Also, I was re-reading the thread, and came across this from Coppa:

1) We're likely dealing with at least 3 remaining cultists. Look carefully at Blagonaut's win condition text. if I'm correct he wins when 3 cultists are dead, not all like a tourist's win condition. I know most people seem to realize this, but it's important to call it out.

I wanted to call this back out, because it's a good point. If Blarg had to outlive three cultists to win, there were probably more than three to start. (They COULD be assuming that someone would be converted, but that feels unlikely.)

I would guess there are three cultists left now. Two, if Neuro or Sorian was one, but I doubt that.

Droplet

With this recruitment feature from Darryl's role, we could have started off with less cultists than we might normally. Blarg could have won with 3 cult kills, but it's possible that some of those cult kills could have been former tourists.

And I think Darryl was being sarcastic. If he held onto the time cube for longer than two days it might as well have been part of his role.

RetroMG

With this recruitment feature from Darryl's role, we could have started off with less cultists than we might normally. Blarg could have won with 3 cult kills, but it's possible that some of those cult kills could have been former tourists.

Very possible, but I'm going to stay cozy with my paranoia for a while longer.

And I think Darryl was being sarcastic. If he held onto the time cube for longer than two days it might as well have been part of his role.

Oh, I know, I just thought it was kind of funny.

RetroMG

I have a pretty good idea where my vote is going, but I'm going to re-read a bit more and wait for Vylash and WorthyEdge to speak up before I go on offense.

Coppanuva

Jesus that was a long day of work. I know I said I might try to defend myself tonight... Not happening. I'm too mentally drained, but looks like I didn't miss much.

Anyhow, I can kinda understand the policy about not lynching quiet people for that, but at the same time we're almost at 36 hours without a reaction post even. It's ridiculous, if you think lynching someone who's at the very least inciting conversation is a better option than someone who hasn't said anything at all, we disagreed at a fundamental level here and honestly I don't think anything I say will convince you otherwise.

So to expand upon this idea.

Basically, the flavour says that Cultists are mad, so any Cult members, potential Cultists and item users would all flag as insane to a sanity investigator. To fit the flavour, I think a sanity investigator is more likely than a straightforward alignment investigator.

In theory, if Town, they would have to be more reliant on reads and their judgement as opposed to just trusting everything that comes back to them. However, if Cult, and they have to target for a kill in order to target at all, any false positives from their Investigator that they act on mean that they fail to recruit. They're still whittling down Tourists, which is a positive for them, but raising their own number is preferable as it makes them more likely to achieve their win condition one way or another.

However, in practise, Darryl put the item out in the open near immediately, which is an interesting move from the Insane Tourist, and the cogs in my brain aren't really turning rn but I felt it important to throw it out there so someone else could make use of it or not because he's dead and so his motivations are of questionable use to us. And then we know that Neuro got it Day 2 because he immediately used it. So it's sort of been outed immediately as a mechanic.

So, I am in two minds about the item
- I could advise against anyone who gets the item using it, as it may potentially make any town alignment investigator's life far more difficult and we want them to be able to trust their judgement
- Equally it could make life tricky for cult and stop them from knowing who their bae is, and so we want people to be using it, even if doing so puts a target on their back.

And that is my final word on the matter because I actually think I have something to say for once even if it is just a 'what if'. Not knowing how insanity works is a problem but I think that the scenario I present is most likely based on what I have read up to this point.

This makes me feel like I should go back to my original stance, that the holder of the item shouldn't claim it at any time. If insanity is meant to confuse the Cultists, better to not tell them who the false positives may be. I think that possible benefit outweighs anything we would get out of an item claim.

I don't have a recommendation for using it. Do what you think is best, whoever has it, but use discretion. We don't need another Neuromancer around here.

RetroMG

Anyhow, I can kinda understand the policy about not lynching quiet people for that, but at the same time we're almost at 36 hours without a reaction post even. It's ridiculous, if you think lynching someone who's at the very least inciting conversation is a better option than someone who hasn't said anything at all, we disagreed at a fundamental level here and honestly I don't think anything I say will convince you otherwise.

Except that Zatoth can replace the truly inactive, and the replacements can be valuable players. Look at Squidyj last game. Or me. (Not to toot my own horn.)

Droplet

Except that Zatoth can replace the truly inactive, and the replacements can be valuable players. Look at Squidyj last game. Or me. (Not to toot my own horn.)

And if we get even farther, mod kills are a possibility. There's several reasons I don't think we should be looking to flay inactives over anyone else:

1) Detracts from the game, since now that we're waiting for inactives who have a history of not posting, we're pretty much just not talking about anything. I know that our two most active members have left the game, and that sucks, but I'm super bored of just sitting here ragging on Coppa.

2) If they die and just end up being ordinary tourists, we've effectively just wasted our week deliberating on nothing. If we get lucky and they end up being cultists, then we still have no information to go off of.

3) Replacements and mod kills are an option. They're not the best options, but at least we're not screwing ourselves over by lynching people on no information. ...Also, we only have 15 people left. I thought the Tucah vote was "for free", but I don't think we're at liberty to be lynching people at random now.

Honestly, it's just really boring sitting here debating killing inactives. I don't mean like "you posted a bit and now you're silent" inactives, because you can at least sort of get a general sense of somebody staying under the radar until they're called upon. I'd liken this to playing in-person mafia where somebody is just sitting there being silent the whole time. At least you know they're listening, they're just choosing not to speak. But as we're on a forum, it's difficult to tell when people are really reading the thread or if they're choosing to withhold their thoughts. Right now, there are only two people I consider true inactives, and those are Vylash and TheWorthyEdge. As much as I think it would be interesting to hear them speak, if they're not going to, and we want to pass suspicion around Sorian-style, I'd much rather start with somebody who will probably actually respond. Because at least it's not total fucking silence.

the post-Sorian world is so depressing, rip fun

In a disappointing twist, the case that I present today doesn't really have much to it, although equally that's saying something when somebody has reams of posts to go through and not a lot to show for it. This is therefore less about evidence and more the absence of certain things/oddness of behaviour.

VOTE: nin1000

Fireblend summed up why Nin's behaviour bothered me in a single sentence during Day 1, and I began to mull over it a bit more:
I'd say if anything he's more of a reactive player so far that's trying to get on everyone's good side than anything else.
This is a fact that did not change in Day 2. It does not describe your typical Town player. I would argue that most Tourists aren't particularly mindful of how they come across as they're too busy doing whatever they think is in Town's best interests, so it's entirely possible for them to come across as pugnacious/scummy to others because they see no need to cultivate their image. In their mind, they are Town and they are so obviously Town that everybody else can see it from miles away. The desire to always keep on everyone's good side and ensure that all your interactions are positive is far more indicative of a scum player who wants to be everyone's friend and beneath suspicion. Honestly, I feel bad for even typing this out because you do seem like a nice guy, but equally it does mean that you are getting a lot of the benefit of the doubt.

Also, reactive player = !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even if you aren't directly typing out responses with quotes, it's clear that a lot of posts are just helping things to bounce along the way they're going. It strikes me that you're never particularly driving a personal POV across. You seem nice, but it's difficult to gauge your intentions and character because you're always just flowing along with the conversation and you never throw anything in that's majorly problematic or threatens to bring attention to you. It's just some nice background running commentary chatting away, and it's all too easy to completely scroll past your posts and not miss out on anything much. The most content you've created is two lists of reads in Day 1 and Day 2, but plain old read lists are up there with 'pressure votes' on inactives as easy ways to appear Town and like you're driving the conversation with personal input without ever actually making a proper contribution.

I know you've said before that pointing stuff out as fluff is unhelpful, but it's our responsibility to ensure that the discussion goes in the most constructive way for town in order to have the best chance of catching a cultist, and it's clear that even if you're not totally obstructing that goal, you're not really helping it either. Talking through opinions on extraneous guff and speculating is unlikely to get us the head of a cultist, as it won't give us anything after a point. We all need to do it and share our thoughts on such things to some extent as they may enlighten another player, but equally we have to offer something else to the conversation that's a bit more substantial and drives our win.

Reading back, this post also bothered me, if only because it referred to 'vote bandwagoning' as some nebulous thing and completely removed it from the actual subject of that discussion, Lone_Prodigy, who we now know to be cult. In general, in Day 1 you completely dodged him altogether, which is a bit weird considering how much he came up.

You are one of the best candidates for lynch today considering how you seem to be trying too hard to be likeable but haven't actually done much from a Town perspective, and are instead happy to lead things down the garden path and away from interpersonal debate. It is up to everyone else as to whether there is a better case for you or for Coppanuva, but I think it's best to at least have the option.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
This game is truly barren now with the two hottest posters gone, although Sorian said he'd definitely be next to go and that's what did happen. It's pretty much broken the pacing of the game now since we're left with a lot less confrontation than before.

I guess chasing up inactive players now is a bit unfair and doesn't lead to anything new but I won't lie I'd be pissed if they suddenly came outta no where and became the sudden mafia hidden final boss. So I agree with those of you who have posted so far, to not really pursue them anymore. Right now I could definitely vote either Coppa or nin1000, nin1000 is very erratic in attitude towards others from some of his posts in the past & Coppa has never really succumbed to the pressure of being suspected constantly but he doesn't do himself no favours with his weak defenses. Still though, it's all in the game and the game done changed and so will everyone else.

Has Timeasis posted anything at all recently? I'd like to hear from him myself. I'm surprised some of you no longer really seem concerned about me right now but I guess I'm potentially third on the list to be taken out but you can only do so much with how many days we have left.

Timeaisis

Sorry for not posting much yesterday, had a busy day at work.

A few thoughts, after that (short) read.

1. I don't think whoever has the item should reveal it. We still don't know what it does and how it affects the owner. Cult may be able to use this information against them.
2. I don't think whoever has the item should use it, but use your discretion. In my mind, using the item seems like a huge risk. Maybe if we're at the end of our rope and have no other options it can be a hail mary, but it sure seems like it's caused more harm than good so far.
3. I think Sorian was town and he was erased by Neuro, who simply had it out for him. It's likely that the cube erased Neuro as a side ffect.
4. Post Blargonaut/Sorian this thread is dead. We need someone to pick up the slack and lead the discussion. Rats Off To Ya appears to have a lot to say and seems to drive the discussion now.
5. I don't like policy lynch for inactives, but that's just me. Inactive could be mafia or power role townies, who knows. There's nothing to go by so there's really nothing to gain. It's much better to go after those contributing (at least in this phase) because their death actually gives us some information (whether they are mafia or not).

That being said, I'll cast my vote for Coppa, because he's still my #1 suspect. It's nothing really concrete or anything, though. I know he has been meaning to post his defense, and I absolutely still would like to hear it.

Zatoth

As for Vylash. I will wait and see if he will become more active during this day. Should nothing change I will try to replace him.

Zatoth

Vylash 3
Flame_AC
Coppanuva
ScraftyDevil

Coppanuva 2
Droplet
Timeaisis

nin1000 1
Never Forever

9 votes are needed to end the day early

t1440183600z0.png

Flame_AC

I will reiterate that I will not allow Coppanuva to be lynched today, so don't waste anyone's time going for him today. We're better off axing off some of the inactives to get more known quantities out in the open for us to analyze and make reads on.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I will reiterate that I will not allow Coppanuva to be lynched today, so don't waste anyone's time going for him today. We're better off axing off some of the inactives to get more known quantities out in the open for us to analyze and make reads on.

No point in killing an inactive honestly, they are no threat unless they're lurking but there's no way someone can get away with it for that long. So in spite of your protest...

RetroMG

I find your insistence on this questionable, if not outright suspicious.

Lone_Prodigy spoke in favor of Coppa, too, and he turned out to be Mafia. To be honest, the fact that you are so insistent on protecting him, (yet unwilling to explain why,) makes me more inclined to lynch him. It seems like the surest path to more information. If he flips Mafia, and L_P, who was protecting him, was mafia, what does that make you likely to be?

My vote right now is on Coppa for that reason. He reads scummy to me, (for reasons that have been enumerated elsewhere,) but even if he didn't, he seems like the best path to new information.

I'm not actually placing a vote yet, however, because I'm investigating the posts made by other players. If someone else comes up, I'll go there, but for now, I'm down to lynch Coppanuva.

Coppanuva

I find your insistence on this questionable, if not outright suspicious.

Lone_Prodigy spoke in favor of Coppa, too, and he turned out to be Mafia. To be honest, the fact that you are so insistent on protecting him, (yet unwilling to explain why,) makes me more inclined to lynch him. It seems like the surest path to more information. If he flips Mafia, and L_P, who was protecting him, was mafia, what does that make you likely to be?

While I understand your suspicions based on this, I'm curious of what you propose to do when I flip tourist? Does that exonerate Flame_AC? I know LP saying something positive about me (along with my lack of saying anything against him) raises suspicion on me, however there's not really much of anything I can go by on this.

Why are you so insistent on this point? It's an inevitability at this point, as Coppanuva has been a hanging thread from Day 1 and most of us have had dealings with him one way or another. ROTY's case is probably a stronger argument than the one I made for nin considering how much more there is on Coppanuva.

Axing inactives is foolish and gives us nothing. That's the true 'waste of time'. We're at 15 left. Of those 15, 13 have been active enough to have some form of visible impact on the course of the game, and how they flip has the potential to be far more enlightening when reading back through their interactions with others and understanding their perspective. Somebody who has interacted with nobody gives nothing. The complete vacuum of information on Sorian and Neuro means that going forward we have to have lynches that are going to shed light on the course of the game so far.

RetroMG

While I understand your suspicions based on this, I'm curious of what you propose to do when I flip tourist? Does that exonerate Flame_AC? I know LP saying something positive about me (along with my lack of saying anything against him) raises suspicion on me, however there's not really much of anything I can go by on this.

Find the next lead. Search for suspects. You know, play mafia. I acknowledge that there is every possibility that you are town. You're also the best suspect I've found so far.

Is Flame innocent if you flip Town? Not neccessarily. Is he Mafia if you flip mafia? That's not neccessarily true either. But as Scrafty pointed out, we won't know anything unless we do something, and you are the clearest path so far.

If you would like us to go after someone else, by all means, let me know who. I promise to look into whoever you think we should go after.

If you're hinting what I think you're hinting, don't even fucking think about it. I've about had it up to here with fucking cowboys acting against the wishes of the group, trying to save us from ourselves.

Anyway, now that things are underway, let's make it official:

I agree with Never Forever about nin1000, as well. He's the very definition of a coaster. I have a promising lead if Coppa flips Cult, but if not nin is worth checking out.

RetroMG

We are at 4 of 9 for Coppa? I'll throw my hat in, too.

Vote: Coppanuva

Flame, if you're thinking what I think you're thinking, I urge you to reconsider. It would be, at best, a temporary solution. Instead, tell us who you think we should pursue instead.

UNVOTE: Vylash

We need to be careful not to rush into a vote for Coppanuva just yet. Endin' the day early benefit no one but th' cult at this point. Let everyone say their piece before we throw away a full day of discussion.

RetroMG

UNVOTE: Vylash

We need to be careful not to rush into a vote for Coppanuva just yet. Endin' the day early benefit no one but th' cult at this point. Let everyone say their piece before we throw away a full day of discussion.

Agreed. I made sure to check the votes before I put mine in. 5 of 9 seems a comfortable distance.

Rather than arguin' in circles about who may or may not be cult, do we know if there's anyone who definitely isn't cult? I remember some stuffy British guy sayin' "if you eliminate the impossible, what remains must be the truth," so maybe we should give that a shot while we await th' resta our absentee friends.

RetroMG

Rather than arguin' in circles about who may or may not be cult, do we know if there's anyone who definitely isn't cult? I remember some stuffy British guy sayin' "if you eliminate the impossible, what remains must be the truth," so maybe we should give that a shot while we await th' resta our absentee friends.

I'm not cult.

...but I can't really expect you to believe it just on my say-so.

Can we PROVE anyone isn't? No.
I tend to believe that Scrafty, Rats, and Droplet are town. Castamere too, but I'm less sure than I used to be.
I can't get a read on Nin1000 or Timeaisis, but I will say that their posting styles mirror what they were last game, and they were not mafia then.
I also can't read Never Forever, Ultron, or GreatCharleston. I lean town for NF and Cult for Charleston and Ultron, but neither to the point of action. Those are more feelings than anything.
I'm suspicious of Flame_AC and Coppanuva, as previously stated.
I don't know enough to make a call on Johnny, I think Vylash needs to be replaced, and WorthyEdge is next on my list to-do list as far as investigation is concerned.

I don't think I've missed anyone, have I?

RetroMG

BTW, lest you think I'm ignoring your question Ultron, I'm not. I have it in my notes that L_P defended Coppa, but I didn't put a reference. I'll look for it later on. For right now, I have to run out.

Droplet, Retro, LoC and Never Forever are the people I feel best about right now.

Scrafty is a late arrival but I get generally good vibes from her.

Charleston hasn't been the greatest contributor, but his posts don't strike me as coming from somebody with a secret forum to strategize and vent on.

I have varying levels of suspicion of everyone else, but to expound on them before the time is right would be unnecessary.

Flame_AC

Why are you so insistent on this point? It's an inevitability at this point, as Coppanuva has been a hanging thread from Day 1 and most of us have had dealings with him one way or another.

I assure you that it is not inevitable in the slightest.

Find the next lead. Search for suspects. You know, play mafia. I acknowledge that there is every possibility that you are town. You're also the best suspect I've found so far.

Is Flame innocent if you flip Town? Not neccessarily. Is he Mafia if you flip mafia? That's not neccessarily true either. But as Scrafty pointed out, we won't know anything unless we do something, and you are the clearest path so far.

If you would like us to go after someone else, by all means, let me know who. I promise to look into whoever you think we should go after.

Here's the problem right now, as we all can agree on. There's little information that is usable right now. We're down probably two Cultists, and down a bunch more Tourists. I actually think that Neuromancer was an important role, someone very important. I think his crusade against Sorian would make no sense otherwise. I don't believe that he is stupid, and for you all to say that he perhaps misplayed by erasing Sorian would mean that you think he is stupid. He tried yesterday to get us to support him, and he saw that, barring a few courageous people, the lynch was never going to happen.

Wouldn't you all agree that Sorian was unlynchable? I certainly thought so, even if I knew he was a Cultist and said as much, it wouldn't matter. The town would be at a crossroads, they could believe the person with questionable knowledge, or go with someone they could never imagine as Cult. The following nights, the Cultists wouldn't kill the knowledgeable player, if only to not expose their truth. Neuro got the item and took a chance, who are we to say that it was a bad play when no one here has all the information?

I agree with Never Forever about nin1000, as well. He's the very definition of a coaster. I have a promising lead if Coppa flips Cult, but if not nin is worth checking out.

I imagine you mean that promising lead if Coppa flips Cult would be me? The case against Coppa that you all have developed is, quite frankly, about as solid as an ice cream on the ground in California. I think that Nin should be the one to go today.

We are at 4 of 9 for Coppa? I'll throw my hat in, too.

Flame, if you're thinking what I think you're thinking, I urge you to reconsider. It would be, at best, a temporary solution. Instead, tell us who you think we should pursue instead.

It would be a solution, saving Coppa in place of another. I recognize the case you all have shakily built up against him, but I'm on the complete other side of the fence on this matter. Perhaps one of you all could convince me in a succinct manner why Coppa is such a bad person that we should lynch.

I do not think that you, Coppa, myself, Vylash (purely inactive, ordinary tourist), or Retro are Cultists.

This right here is strange. Why won't you "allow" it? I don't know if I agree with going for inactives this late in the game especially with the amount of people already dead. It's not looking good for us right now so I'd say we use our wit and take out someone we think is suspicious. This post is suspicious to me. You're not going to allow us Tourists to vote someone off that we thing could be a potential Cultist? That right there makes me give you this:

VOTE: Flame_AC

Alright, Flame, enough with the silly innuendos.

If you have an Override don't fucking use it.

You're not smarter than the rest of us, as much as you clearly think you are. A lot of us, seemingly a plurality and possibly a majority, think Coppa is the best choice for today. If he doesn't go today, he's gonna go tomorrow. All you'll do by stopping that is kill our momentum dead for the second day running and force us to do the same old dance on Day Four.

Why has nin been suspicious? Because he's like me? He goes along with the ride? Maybe some of us don't have a lot of time lol

If you find something that would make me say "OH. NIN IS DEFINITELY A CULTIST." Then please. Present it to ms.

Flame_AC

I'll ask this question then, what information would lynching Coppa provide that is so much better than what lynching someone else would?

Coppanuva

Honestly flame, I agree with Rats here. Unless there's some form of conclusive proof that I'm a tourist, it's just delaying it. I still plan to throw suspicions and thoughts around (so please don't kill me early), so that when you see I'm a tourist you can evaluate anything I said and maybe use that to influence your strategy in the coming days of the war.

Coppanuva

I'll ask this question then, what information would lynching Coppa provide that is so much better than what lynching someone else would?

Though I would still like to see this answered. People keep saying it might change my interactions and cast them in a different light, but if you look back on it the majority of my interactions are with people who are dead. Blargonaut and Sorian were probably the 2 people I replied to the most, and we know both are dead. Other than that we have Rats rounding out the top three, because he's continually accused me of being a cult. I don't see how much analysis you'll get when you see I'm a nobody.

Top Bottom