• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call Of Duty 2014 to be revealed May 4th

Link to the rumors mate please?

Kind of jealous, my boss and our buyer are at DPS (Destination PlayStation) this week, a retail sneak peak event.
Got the rundown from my boss on some Destination Playstation stuff. New Call Of Duty sounds awesome.
One scene he described took place on the Golden Gate bridge. He couldn’t remember the game’s subtitle but he thinks it was “Black Smith”.
Said it looks really realistic with great physics. I’m guessing the “Black Smith” title is the internal name. Like Titan was for Black Ops 2
Also it’s the next entry in the Modern Warfare series apparently. I wish I had gone, I would have retained the info better.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/03...nation-playstation-graphics-physics-and-more/

EDIT: Beaten

djshauny

Banned
vhUdpsQ.png

Ahh thanks :)

EL CUCO

“Sledgehammer is approaching this as a next-gen-first development,” says Hirshberg. “Obviously in the console-transition year, anyone who developed a cross-generational game last year had to deal with the fact that the technology of the next-gen platforms was still coming into focus and changing quite a bit during the development process…. Now that we have the next-gen hardware out in the marketplace and solid, that is our primary development.”
Hirshberg also assures fans worried about the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions that 2014’s Call of Duty “will also be a great current-gen game.” The publisher recognizes 2014 as a continuation of last year’s console transition. “There are still a lot of people playing on current gen,” says Hirshberg “and we want to deliver a great experience for them as well. But it will be a next-gen-first production and the current-gen game will be a version of that.”
http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/02/10/914602

ph00p

Banned
There's this video on the CoD YouTube channel that gives you an idea of what the story will tackle. Private Military groups taking over basically. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE17D8C6O4A

This is interesting, but makes me sad that Vice would stoop so low, they're a great news magazine that seemed to have some class and clout from being serious business only. I'd like to see them do a serious story on PMCs but this isn't the way for them to cover it, they've soiled their brand for a quick Activision payoff, oh well.

I really hope this will be better than ghosts. Wasn't this game in development since IW and sledgehammer finished MW3 (like two years ago)? If so, I hope the quality and gameplay of this game is really well done.

JayEH

Jeez this game really is going to be Call of Duty: Guns of the Patriots.

Curious, do you also set your expectations low on the 11th episode in the season, for an ongoing popular tv series? Say maybe Breaking Bad for example?

That's no way comparable.

TimFL

Curious, do you also set your expectations low on the 11th episode in the season, for an ongoing popular tv series? Say maybe Breaking Bad for example?

Can't compare a tv series with a gaming franchise, can you...? Breaking Bad is laid out for a whole season + other seasons ontop. A gaming franchise like COD usually never really connects to past stories or extends a story that shouldn't have been extended with the same lame engine all over again.
If they don't change it up after close to a decade of using the same old COD4 game with different maps & stories I think a lot of people will be pissed too. Especially with the new console generations which usually means a fresh start for most franchises (engine upgrades etc.).

iMax

This is interesting, but makes me sad that Vice would stoop so low, they're a great news magazine that seemed to have some class and clout from being serious business only. I'd like to see them do a serious story on PMCs but this isn't the way for them to cover it, they've soiled their brand for a quick Activision payoff, oh well.

Hopefully a full-length documentary will come out of it. I can't imagine they "travelled the globe" for a two minute video.

If the 10th episode is as terrible as Ghosts, then yes.

Treyarch please wii u me again. Wiimote is the only way I can enjoy fps long play sessions

Hope so. I actually don't want anyone making a Cod Wii U game other than Treyarch.

Try the 11nth season in a series and yes go visit some threads in Ot for series that went on that long like HIMYM, for exampe, and that was only 9 seasons. Chalk full of low expectations.

B-but...that says 5th April! We've missed it!

I take it you're from almost any other country besides the United States right? In Mexico, as it is true in countless other places, we have the day/month/year configuration as well.

That? That's the U.S. one: month/day/year

aka. May 4th, 2014.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Half of Vice's operations are ad-related, and they've had countless advertorial documentaries before.

This is far from the grossest video game documentary thing they've down, and that honor would go to:
http://killscreendaily.com/articles/vice-magazine-made-documentary-about-street-violence-market-dishonered/

jelly

Doubt they are going to change the formula that much and base feel will have to be the same.

Letting sales slide a little is probably more ideal than changing the foundations and loosing far more.

Would be neat if they made a leap forward though I understand fans wouldn't like that.

Gorillaz

It can't be worse than Ghosts. You know a game is bad when even the competitive scene for it hates it.

Sledgehammer can endear themselves to the fans big time if they build on what Treyarch done with eSports and listening to the community in general.

They are going to build on top of it most likely to get in good.

They need to do something to differential themselves tho, style wise. Either they will do the "jump the shark" moment and have some or of titanfall like combat or Treyarch will.

My guess, Treyarch

Pachimari

I don't know what to feel. The picture certainly makes me curious. And I quite liked Ghost but admittedly have already sold it. I don't know what to expect from Call of Duty as the last one I seriously played was Call of Duty 2.

Modern Warfare kind of lost me with all the kill streaks and I barely remember much of World at War and Black Ops.

sunnz

PLEASE don't be future, PLEASE don't be future, PLEASE don't be future, PLEASE don't be future, PLEASE don't be future!

Modern or in the past and I will most likely get it, as long as it isn't OTT with perks and and killstreaks. Haven't played cod in years.

Aces&Eights

Damnit. I know the bubblewes or whatever website was a sham but I really would love to see a WWI COD. Drop the fast pace twitch and make a great game around the horrors or trench warfare and driving those completely unreliable, behemoths of tanks that were introduced. I used to enjoy the cod formula but load outs and perks along with 20 second lifespans just killed it for me.

hydruxo

Ghosts was the first CoD I skipped since CoD4 but I'm hoping this will be a good jolt for the series. It needs something new, so we'll see what happens with it.

I take it you're from almost any other country besides the United States right? In Mexico, as it is true in countless other places, we have the day/month/year configuration as well.

That? That's the U.S. one: month/day/year

aka. May 4th, 2014.

UK here. Day/Month/Year makes infinitely more sense.

prag16

Banned
Treyarch please wii u me again. Wiimote is the only way I can enjoy fps long play sessions

Agreed. I think there's a decent shot Wii U gets it again. But I doubt I'm in at full price this time. BO2 and Ghosts were both too heavily flawed, and both sported horrific netcode. At least Ghosts' netcode seemed to be marginally better than BO2, but it more than made up for it with the terrible map design.

Top Bottom