• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty Ghosts Next-Gen Gameplay

93xfan

Banned
Looks ok, nowhere near Killzone or Battlefield though.

Agreed. The music is nice though. I still might get this at some point because I have a number of friends who like it. It all depends on whether there is a good spec ops mode because the MP gets old quickly in this game.

Hypron

I'd buy that in a heartbeat. Bonus points if Riley flies the helicopter.

Well its arguably an open world at full 720p (and variable resolution during intense situations like TTT2). Even if you don't count it as such some of the areas are hundreds of times larger (and fairly detailed) than Call of Duty. Doom 3 is 60fps with fully dynamic lighting. CoD is right in the middle. I'm not trying to argue with anyone, just pointing out it can and has been done.

I don't get why devs insist on out FXing CoD. It can't be that hard to get 60fps at 600p.

The FPS parts of RAGE also actually run at a solid 60fps, whereas current gen call of duty games go for a "perceptual" 60 fps: the framerate dips below 60 all the time.

Although, from what I've seen thus far, this new call of duty game looks better than RAGE. And on next gen consoles, it should run at 1080p which is a huge upgrade over 720p with drops.

AmyS

While I admire IW sticking to 60fps, I just cannot believe this was supposedly running on XBone or PS4. Maybe it was the awful compression of the video, but still, it looked very current-gen to me.

I loved CoD2, CoD4:MW, CoD World at War and CoD: MW2 on X360. After that it was all downhill.

So for me it'll be BF4 on PS4 (if it's indeed 60fps) or on a fairly high-end PC rig.

I'll agree that there is not much wow factor because it's not much different than what we've seen running on middle-of-the-road gaming PCs for quite a while now, but it still looks a good ways beyond PS3/360 to me.

Fantasmo

While I admire IW sticking to 60fps, I just cannot believe this was supposedly running on XBone or PS4. Maybe it was the awful compression of the video, but still, it looked very current-gen to me.

I loved CoD2, CoD4:MW, CoD World at War and CoD: MW2 on X360. After that it was all downhill.

So for me it'll be BF4 on PS4 (if it's indeed 60fps) or on a fairly high-end PC rig.

Early or cross gen almost always looks rough. Gun comes to mind.
Besides, there's a reason CoD does it. It runs well on everything. Gotta make that $billion.

Someone needs to Photoshop a pic of Riley flying a helicopter, I can't get the image out of my head.

This shit has to stop. Seriously...

image.php

Looks like CoD. The dog gameplay looks fun but silly...it's a Malibu Stacey hat, running out of ideas kind of addition. A dog for breach and clears? Really?

I don't see this reversing the franchise decline, especially since they dropped the Modern Warfare brand.

Big competition from BF4 at launch, BF4 & Killzone graphical superiority, and the pedigrees of Destiny/Titanfall within 6 months may cut off its legs.

Who am I kidding, they haven't shown the multiplayer yet.

I thought it looked good. I mean its not revolutionary by any stretch of the imagination, but their doing enough to keep me interested. Having the dog as a playable character that is used for scouting is very cool. Also, having a two man team that has to scout out a big area is good. I think that and the slow underwater sequence says something about the pace of this game. I also really enjoyed it when the AI guy picked up the shotgun and acted as if it was special. I know ammo isnt going to be scarce or anything, but giving the illusion to that somewhat is cool. Yeah, it was good, I like how the two guys are brothers hopefully they will play that up.

Dlacy13g

Some of it looked pretty good but man that dog stuff instantly threw me back to the on-horse moments of Black Ops 2..... and that is not a good thing.

I wasn´t impressed but it was definitely either PC version or PS4/Xbone.

I thought it looked good. I mean its not revolutionary by any stretch of the imagination, but their doing enough to keep me interested. Having the dog as a playable character that is used for scouting is very cool. Also, having a two man team that has to scout out a big area is good. I think that and the slow underwater sequence says something about the pace of this game. I also really enjoyed it when the AI guy picked up the shotgun and acted as if it was special. I know ammo isnt going to be scarce or anything, but giving the illusion to that somewhat is cool. Yeah, it was good, I like how the two guys are brothers hopefully they will play that up.

This honestly reads like somebody trying to talk himself into liking it.

Guys, remember when you'd be hearing the bombs dropping all around you while you try to invade the enemy bunker and the commander was pumping up his platoon to get ready to die and Call of Duty was badass?

Computer

The COD campaigns are so liner it might as well be one big cut scene. These games are pointless. They practically tell you what you need to do then do it for you. Why even need a controller. Also wow how boring.

Raven77

I find it hilarious (and sad, actually) that everyone always complains that "COD NOOBZ, MINDLESS SHOOTER" and then they show the new one with much slower, methodical, borderline stealth in some instances gameplay and everyone now yells "BORING!"

Damned if they do, damned if they don't...

Odrion

Banned
Show me a 360 or ps3 game that runs at 60 frames and looks better.

Well shit, you got me. It does look better than any 60fps game that runs on 8 year old console hardware*, it only looks awful compared to any other nextgen game we've seen.

*Not a concrete statement.

Odrion

Banned
Remember when MW1&2 both looked great for their time and ran at 60fps? I guess you just gotta make concessions these days~

Fantasmo

I find it hilarious (and sad, actually) that everyone always complains that "COD NOOBZ, MINDLESS SHOOTER" and then they show the new one with much slower, methodical, borderline stealth in some instances gameplay and everyone now yells "BORING!"

Damned if they do, damned if they don't...
I think its just FPS fatigue but they don't realize it yet. Happened to me. (Although I'm still interested in the reveal for whatever reason).

Top Bottom