• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty Ghosts Next-Gen Gameplay

Demon Ice

Banned
They're not showing anything that hasn't been done even on current gen stuff. Some of it looked decent, but some of it looked pants. Bad textures, weak geometry etc, especially on that sub d example. They mentioned volumetric lighting, but everything I've seen from it thus far seems baked. Maybe they just have canned light shafts, who knows.

Isn't there a screenshot that clearly shows the sun in one area of the sky and then the lightshafts coming in from some completely random direction? Like the sun is in the top right of the screen and the light shafts are coming in from the left.

Edit:

Untitled-COD-Ghosts-Lighting.jpg

Not sure why it isn't showing up, image URL's in my post.

TUROK

They're not showing anything that hasn't been done even on current gen stuff. Some of it looked decent, but some of it looked pants. Bad textures, weak geometry etc, especially on that sub d example. They mentioned volumetric lighting, but everything I've seen from it thus far seems baked. Maybe they just have canned light shafts, who knows.
What makes you think it looks pre-baked?

schuey7

Gametrailers had a Call of Duty booth experience trailer with all the widescreen footage for the booth that looks great and showed more missions in detail and I cannot find it.Was it taken down?I can put it up on youtube if it was ,as that stuff looked great especially the explosion effects.

edit: Its this video

KlotePino

It just boggles my mind how little they've iterated on this whole thing. I know they have a loyal fanbase they can lose but I figured they'd atleast shake it up a little for next-gen. I mean they gotta have more money than they know what to do with so at least have a team make a completely new engine or something. The "features" they're touting are already old by current-gen standards.

What makes you think it looks pre-baked?

There's a picture out there that showed the light shafts not making any sense in comparison to the location of the sun. I can probably find it somewhere if you really want to see it.

Frodo

Seeing it in motion makes it look prettier. Still looks like a last gen game played on a PC. Maybe a small bump for console only gamers, but nothing mind blowing, in my humble opinion. Looks good, sure. But since we have been spoiled with games like Crysis running on high-end PCs it doesn't strike me like Gear of War or Super Mario 64 did back in the time, for example.

Maybe when they develop a title only for the current generation consoles it may take full advantage of the new hardware and look prettier, but so far...

adelante

There's a picture out there that showed the light shafts not making any sense in comparison to the location of the sun. I can probably find it somewhere if you really want to see it.

The lighting is all over the place; at times you can see that the shadows are not cast by the main sun (which appears to be overhead but when the player emerges out of the hole you see a bright light source straight ahead). Definitely a deliberate, if not odd design choice but the shadows are definitely dynamic, unlike Black Ops 2 where your character's arms and gun can't be partially covered in it (which I thought was strange because previous Modern Warfare games wasn't lacking in that area)

Top Bottom