• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty Ghosts Next-Gen Gameplay

Yep, this is the best that next gen will ever be like. A compressed stream of a multiplat launch game

I'm discussing Call of Duty and Call of Duty alone. Not any other war fighters that have been shown to date or any other games that are multiplatform for the Xbone one or Ps4. The scanned models IF presented during the reveal didn't look that impressive. The videos (forget the 360p) don't make the character movements or effects look anything special.

Sean

Banned
And the engine looked rough currently, forthcoming gen isn't the leap I expected at least.

A 60fps multiplatform cross-gen CoD game based on a 14 year old Quake 3 engine was never gonna be the pinnacle of next-gen graphics. It's the baseline or bare minimum of what to expect.

This doesn't look amazing but it's a pretty noticeable leap over past games in the franchise especially when it comes to textures and lighting. People seem to be forgetting that current gen CoD runs at 600p.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Jesus, they're not even letting you shoot anything any more. I used to love this series, the fuck has happened?

At least the new DoF effect looks good, that's the only positive thing I can say.

Did they say if this was XBO, PS4, or PC?

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
The gameplay looks too smooth to be a person playing a game.

For these kind of sections, usually all you're doing is pushing forward, up left, and up right. Black Ops 2 had similar sections where you're flying on a wingsuit but you don't have much control over where you're headed, so it ends up looking pretty smooth.

Darkkn

Visually looks good. Not blowing me away or anything and certainly not even close to the best that is already out there, but i'm very happy just for the fact that low res crap is out and lighting etc. has been updated to the level that it does not hurt my eyes anymore.

This gen to Next-gen upgrade seem to be solid DVD to Bluray style upgrade and this is just the beginning. Can't be too negative nanny about it.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I hate controlling missiles in games. It was pissing me off last night. I think it was in fucking Black Ops II actually! I played through the first 2% of a bunch of PS+ games last night. I bought BLOPSII for the Wii U to play the multiplayer with my friend with the wiimote and I was testing out the campaign.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Ah silly me expecting interesting single player content from the single player campaign, I apologise.

Have you played previous CoD campaigns? This looks pretty standard, each game usually has a section like this.

KaiserBecks

A 60fps multiplatform cross-gen CoD game based on a 14 year old Quake 3 engine was never gonna be the pinnacle of next-gen graphics. It's the baseline or bare minimum of what to expect.

This doesn't look amazing but it's a pretty noticeable leap over past games in the franchise especially when it comes to textures and lighting. People seem to be forgetting that current gen CoD runs at 600p.

Sounds reasonable. Now try to print that on the backside of a box. I don't think most people actually expected this to look like a new benchmark, but if the developers keep implying it, those are the reactions they deserve. It's literally as if Infinite Ward hasn't seen Battlefield 3 or 4 yet.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Screens

COD-Ghosts_Federation-Day-Rappel.jpg

COD-Ghosts_Good-Boy.jpg

COD-Ghosts_Server-Room-Takedown.jpg

COD-Ghosts_Underwater-Ambush.jpg

red731

Why they are falling underwater?

Yeah. What happened there? I was like "Huh? What?"

Those screens don't look bad, but the video didn't do anything to "wow" me.
I would really like to not be given path which I must follow to trigger certain scripted scenes. But for that, we have Dooms, Quakes and Serious Sams.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
That's some fuel for a diminishing returns discussion. Cross gen games will always look 1.5, I'm sure we'll see some next gen leaps tomorrow.

zoukka

Have you played previous CoD campaigns? This looks pretty standard, each game usually has a section like this.

Yes I have and apparently it's weird to expect progress in this series. Let's just concede to the fact that they live up to their low targets and applaud the results!

You can create on-rails sections that aren't depressingly slow and uneventful.

rapid32.5

they try to use different tricks for the game to look like a next gen but it is not, MW2 maxed out their engine long time ago.

Micerider

Yep. Looks like a current gen engine on next gen hardware.

Looks like current gen assets as well (well textures are not muddy for a change).

It does not look bad if you compare to current gen games (including their PC version). It just lacks any outstanding graphical feature that would scream "next gen".

Not really. Looks no better than the last CoD on PC and even looks worse than exclusive FPS on the HD twins

Top Bottom