• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty Ghosts Next-Gen Gameplay

I'm not really a fan of modern war FPSs, but I've hot to admit from a level design perspective I find that more interesting than the BF4 fishing in Baku reveal trailer. At least with this they're trying to do something different.

sn00zer

How does that not look incredible to people? I dont like CoD and can admit that was pretty fucking good looking

Twinduct

Not sure what I expected and my expectations weren't high at all. Then again I got more annoyed that we're seeing the same old set piece again. Feels pretty much the same as BF4 where no amount of GFX will actually make the game better :/

Toa TAK

Banned
HfJJE6D.png

Amazing they didn't pick up on that.

Tookay

I'm not really a fan of modern war FPSs, but I've hot to admit from a level design perspective I find that more interesting than the BF4 fishing in Baku reveal trailer. At least with this they're trying to do something different.

Different being All-Ghilled-Up's-follow-the-dude-and-act-like-you're-actively-participating-in-scripted-events-but-underwater-this-time?

They are playing so incredible safe with the franchise that there is no other option for this to go wrong at some point in time. And I do enjoy the CoD multiplayer games a lot!

This, no matter how many people knock it here. The game will sell like the previous installments.

Joeki11a

Banned
How does that not look incredible to people? I dont like CoD and can admit that was pretty fucking good looking

It was a Snoozer, no pun intended
Here is hoping they play another part at the
Conference or better yet show what people
want to see, Multiplayer.

Majanew

Banned
Exactly what's next-gen about it? Activision finally has the game at 720p? Ghosts looks like it's running on Xbox 360. Pathetic.

Dysun

Doesn't make me want to upgrade from my PS360 if I'm a dudebro, that's for sure. Looks like another annual CoD

Looks like... Call of Duty. Although instead of walking/running through a corridor, you're swimming. Next gen gameplay. Wasn't interested before. Still not interested.

Fabrik

Banned
WTF they're talking underwater? looooool
This franchise is in degeneration mode. Funny for the next generation iteration.

AngryMoth

Yeah not very impressive at all graphically. And looks painfully scripted even for cod

edit: did they say what it was running on?

TedNindo

It only looks different because of the setting. They are trying to be different in the most shallow way possible. If anything. The gameplay only seems more restrictive because it's underwater.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

I agree it looks pretty nice for a 60fps game. I also liked how the giant shit falling in the water looked and sounded.

I currently have no interest in actually playing it, however.

Why they are falling underwater?

Yeah, parts of that scene were a little confusing.

Anteater

Yea I do think it looks good graphically. I don't think the new call of duty is a bad looking game at all especially at 60fps.

I don't like the section in the video though, underwater corridor for 5mins and triggering an event :(

I'd say it looks to be a marked improvement over the other current-gen system games. If you're not a PC gamer, then that should look very good to you.

synce

They know they don't have to show real gameplay, hell the box art could just have the title on it and it would sell 10 million copies.

sn00zer

SO right now can anyone name a better looking underwater environment?...seriously

Not going into defense mode, but that is easily the best in game underwater environment ever

Safest place to be during an underwater explosion is in an old cylindrical building hanging sideways off of an underwater cliff.

zoukka

Looks like it's easy to downport to current gen devices.

Also the gameplay looked just completely braindead. Zero replayability.

AGoodODST

I know the CoD games are at least solid experiences, but damn, that was just so depressingly dull and samey.

A visual upgrade isn't enough the shake the feelings of deja vu and series fatigue, at least for me.

Servbot24

Banned
That gameplay was basically a tour of the assets they made, and those weren't even impressive. I know there's a lot more to the game, but if they want to excite people then shouldn't they show more than a guy pushing forward on a controller?

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
If they want to show of the tension of a low action stealth kind of level they need to go back and watch the CoD4 premier because this one missed the mark completely. Would have rather seen any other level really.

Coming off of Black Ops II this was pretty lame. The CoD singleplayer is enjoyable as far as scripted action movie shootfests go (Black Ops II was probably one of the best alongside CoD4). This level was nothing. At least in the CoD4 premier you're crawling through a field of tanks and soldiers. Here you've got what, two dudes?

Top Bottom