• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts |OT| http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF9GBR3B0LE

sobaka770

Banned
Have you played a campaign since 4?
COD4 = SAS(UK) saves the world
MW2 = TF141(UK) against an evil American general, Americans just defending America
MW3 = Americans retaliating(leads to standstill), Captain Price(UK) & Yuri(Russian) saving the day
Ghosts = is Americans defending an already defeated America

Don't compare it to Battlefield and then mention the campaign without discussing the complete garbage that DICE has tried to pass off twice now as a campaign.
(worst part being they actually knew what they were doing in the past with Bad Company)

I'm only talking about Ghosts. The level of riddiculousness is way too high. it's nice for the narrator to tell you that America is defeated in the first cutscene, then put one mission where you "lose" a minor battle and at the same time:

- Finance the outrageous missions into enemy territory
- Show complete lack of global war element
- Asia, Europe etc. dismissed for no reason
- Still capable to organise major tank, aerial and infantry attacks on enemy installations, deep within enemy territory

Never once I felt that America was defeated apart from the times the game explicitly told me so.

But this is not even the major point, there is an amalgam of problems with the story. And BF4 is not better, although I'm yet to finish that campaign. I only said that I think that BF4 multiplayer has much more potential and CoD plays it safe for nth year in a row.

That map where everything is fucked up and a mess is the worst map I've ever had the misfortune of playing on. It is absolute garbage. Shit. Crap. Blergh.

The one with the castle kinda sucks too but you can camp it out pretty easily.

Damn. lol I'm glad I decided to skip this one.

This CoD feels cheap as hell, it's like to get kills you'll need to camp like crazy, otherwise, you'll get killed by those camping. There's no more run n gun stuff. If I wanted to play strategically, I'd play BF or KZ, not this lol. Only keeping it cause it'll be one of my first ps4 games when I get it.

BondFancy

http://sdrv.ms/1jm4GtL

Finally had a good game on Ghosts, after playing nearly every COD I find the amount of health you have to be unbearably low making rushing around near impossible (unless getting reamed is tempting to others)..I still however, find myself enjoying it more than BO2 and much more balanced as a whole..Still wishing for an MW2 style COD once again, for all its flaws it's still hands down my favorite in the series!
On another note, is it me or does ranking up take too damn long, I swear it takes 5 games to level up once even when you're a low level...

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Anyone traded a 360 version in at Game and upgraded to the PS4 version? Just wondering if they still have their offer on or whatever it was that lets you upgrade, a guy in game a while ago said going across platforms shouldn't be an issue.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
I think i'm half-way done in the SP, so far this is probably the most forgetful campaign in a CoD game. The amount of missed opportunities i saw to improve the campaign is unbelievable.

ElRenoRaven

I think i'm half-way done in the SP, so far this is probably the most forgetful campaign in a CoD game. The amount of missed opportunities i saw to improve the campaign is unbelievable.

Odd. I just got around to finishing it tonight and I actually enjoyed this campaign the best of all of them minus COD 2. I actually wanna see what happens next.

Proc

I'm just getting around to the campaign. I'm playing on ps4. Put in a couple hours so far. Not sure why it was quickly dismissed yet. The campaign seems up to par with the rest and actually seems to have a story im sort of interested in. I dismissed the multiplayer earlier until I found the seek and destroy and search and rescue modes. That really scales back the meat grinder into a pace that I find pretty fun. I'm glad I didn't trade it back in blindly and gave it a fair shake.

malfcn

Thinking about picking this up since I have expiring Reward Zone bucks from Best Buy. I'd primarily be getting it for the campaign and dabbling in MP. How is the story and length?

Thinking about picking this up since I have expiring Reward Zone bucks from Best Buy. I'd primarily be getting it for the campaign and dabbling in MP. How is the story and length?

I thought the story was just OK. Actually quite comical writing in parts, and not intentionally so. The voice acting is good though, and it's got a lot of cool locales to visit. I really think some of the set pieces are rather impressive too. Space combat in particular was pretty neat.

Overall I'd call it an above average COD campaign. I would want to warn anyone who might buy it on PS4 though. The game definitely has framerate issues on certain missions, and I found them distracting quite often. Both Xbox versions are much smoother.

malfcn

In some forest level right now.
What the fuck is the point of making a beautiful jungle and then asking me to be stealthy?

Hello massive clipping as I climb through repetitive textures and foliage. At one point I could even see through the entire level because the ground clipped out into white space.

malfcn

We're the credits supposed to be silent?

And that was it? Fiancee saw the Ghosts title pop up at the ending and asked if I finished the prologue.

tj hazuki

Gaf, whenever I try to stream in twitch, my page is laggy, the audio is echoing and the video player is repeating itself

I'm trying to start to stream some ghosts, or Global Offensive but this is keep on happening when I try to stream anything. The software I'm using is twitch.

malfcn

More than likely will trade this back in on Friday.

It was an okay ride for $20. (Had Reward Zone bucks).
But I will never have fun playing it online.

malfcn

Beat it again on Veteran and this tune it was a little better. And at least this time the song played at the ending.

The AI is terrible though. It's like I'm pulling agro ask the time. Squad mates run around and do nothing. They barely shoot while sponging a few bullets. But if I peak out every tango shifts their firing towards me.

anybody have any luck with the completionist trophy for extinction mode? I always get screwed on one or two challenges when playing online but don't think I can tackle the challenges and hope to escape solo

On playstation, but appreciate it anyway. How do you handle the 50% accuracy or higher at the cabin?

Melee only and take one shot at some point to get 100% accuracy. This is where using sentry guns really helps out because they don't go against your accuracy. Typically, you'd be throwing out a lot of explosive ammo, but instead just make sure you're spamming that cash on body armor and team boosters instead, so you have more health and melee quicker.

If you get the challenge on the 3rd drill, a rhino spawns when the drill is about 75% done. If you just keep running around using melee, the turrets you have will damage him a lot and keep him distracted and not too long after, the drill will finish and then you can just shoot it. It's also possible for this to happen at the last drill in the game, but it is much more rare.

The hardest one by far is Find and Kill the Leper. The Leper will always run away from you and not attack you until you shoot it, but in the final area, you have about 6-10 seconds to find it and kill it, or it just goes off the map and it says challenge failed.

Also, if you use the pistols only relic, you'll never get gun challenges, so you'll get much easier ones like don't go into last stand or bleed out and you usually get spend $10,000 twice.

If you're doing this solo, the best setup is the fully auto pistol, explosive ammo, body armor, and sentry gun all upgraded all the way. Class selection doesn't matter, so you might as well use mortal for extra xp or tank for the 25% extra health, and I just use riot shield for the last thing to watch my back.

help me out first bro :(

I never knew you were into getting achievements. Anyway, send me a message whenever you see me online and I'll play with you as long as I'm not already playing with somebody else. I'm always down for a good extinction game.

Omiee

quick question

i live in holland, if i order ghosts and black flag from amazon.co.uk

can i upgrade them from the dutch store or do i need an uk account

will dlc from the dutch store work or only from the uk store?

pelican

Jesus Fucking Christ.

How bloody ridiculous is it trying to
grab Rorke's gun
. Still haven't managed to do it.

Fuck knows what I'm doing wrong. Spamming the button like it tells me to.

Kolgar

New Year's resolution: Stop believing the Internet.

I was never going to buy Ghosts. I wanted to. I finally did. I love it. It's my favorite PS4 game right now, in a library that includes BF4, AC4, Killzone before I traded that POS, and Resogun.

It's really only the third CoD in which I've played any significant multiplayer, and I like it as much or more than previous games.

The campaign is legitimately good, too. I'd say "great" but I've been conditioned by reviews and critical posts to believe it's no better than mediocre. It thrashes the living hell out of that boring slog of Killzone, though--of this I am sure.

I've been trying to work through a large backlog but I am all too happy to put those games on hold and spend some quality time (the Internet told me four hours, but I'm guessing six to eight) playing the campaign in between bouts of multi.

I am truly enjoying this, and it feels good, man.

See you in the field, Ghost brothers!

P.S. Riley is awesome.

Kolgar

Is it just me, or does Hesh sound like a dead ringer for Paul Rudd?

I feel like I'm taking directions from Paul Rudd, lol.

I'm pretty decent, but my Halo peeps and real life friends have abandoned me and MM seems set on giving me the worst randoms ever every single game.

K/D around 1.7 atm, need good (capable of going positive most of the time) XBOX ONE players just to play pubs, any playlist will do tho I usually just do Team Deathmatch.

GT is defendthecasual, if you wanna send an invite slash friend request just msg with like GAF Ghosts or something so I know.

Thanks much appreciated.

http://www.twitch.tv/sometimesimepic

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
New Year's resolution: Stop believing the Internet.

I was never going to buy Ghosts. I wanted to. I finally did. I love it. It's my favorite PS4 game right now, in a library that includes BF4, AC4, Killzone before I traded that POS, and Resogun.

It's really only the third CoD in which I've played any significant multiplayer, and I like it as much or more than previous games.

The campaign is legitimately good, too. I'd say "great" but I've been conditioned by reviews and critical posts to believe it's no better than mediocre. It thrashes the living hell out of that boring slog of Killzone, though--of this I am sure.

I've been trying to work through a large backlog but I am all too happy to put those games on hold and spend some quality time (the Internet told me four hours, but I'm guessing six to eight) playing the campaign in between bouts of multi.

I am truly enjoying this, and it feels good, man.

See you in the field, Ghost brothers!

P.S. Riley is awesome.
I agree. Pretty much feel the same way you do. PSN: Denogginizer. Let's play!

I bought all three shooters for PS4 (Ghosts, BF4 and Killzone).

I think Camp of Duty is the only one that I'll be trading in soon. I spawn, take 1-2 steps and I'm immediately dead. Rinse and repeat. I can't learn these maps because I can't move more than 10 feet without getting shot in the back or sniped from across the map.

There's just no room for tactics in this game. The health is way too low and the only way to succeed is to camp. It's a shame because it looks and runs great at 1080p/60fps and the gunplay feels nice.

I bought all three shooters for PS4 (Ghosts, BF4 and Killzone).

I think Camp of Duty is the only one that I'll be trading in soon. I spawn, take 1-2 steps and I'm immediately dead. Rinse and repeat. I can't learn these maps because I can't move more than 10 feet without getting shot in the back or sniped from across the map.

There's just no room for tactics in this game. The health is way too low and the only way to succeed is to camp. It's a shame because it looks and runs great at 1080p/60fps and the gunplay feels nice.

AK-12

Grip/Suppressor

No secondary

Agility/focus/dead silence/amplify

You can thank me later.

eek5

AK-12

Grip/Suppressor

No secondary

Agility/focus/dead silence/amplify

You can thank me later.

Nah dude. Requires too much concentration. I just want to spawn in and have fun and if I die, oh well.

Ak-12 w/ silencer + grenade launcher
Kastet
Danger Close + Reflex + Sleight of Hand

Spawn in, blast dudes from across the map. Hear them rage non stop. Oh they killed you? You just got 4 more grenades to lob across the map.

Thank me later!

NHale

I'm actually really enjoying the campaign in this game. Sue me internet.

I finished it the other day and I liked it because the quality of the set pieces, pacing and variety are definitely there. It's not groundbreaking because it still follows the COD checklist of campaign level designs but they managed a way to make me have fun during the 6 hours it lasted.

But for those that like a decent story background in their games, the game is guaranteed to disappoint. It's absurd even by COD standards.

I also found it hilarious that COD: Ghosts campaign uses vehicles a lot more than BF4 campaign which is known by having ground, air and sea battles...

CozMick

Banned
Man, I friggin love Infected on PS4.

It was decent enough on ps3 but with the player count bumped up to 18 its bloody mayhem. Definitely the only decent mode in this game.

Top Bottom