• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts |OT| http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF9GBR3B0LE

Voltron64

v7WQ5uW.jpg

I lol'd.

Great OT, bro, but fuck you, Treyarch's universe was the best universe.

TELL ME ABOUT THE FUCKING NUMBERS, MASON! MENENDEZ! How can you not love that shit. That shit made me fucking hard.

antitrop

I beat Spec Ops: The Line in 3 hours and it was my favorite game of last year. It's what you do with that time.

EDIT: Also, I think the article fails to mention that the reason the campaign is shorter is because Infinity Ward is a God damn shell of their former selves and they don't have Sledgehammer to make the campaign for them this year. Not like that's a minor detail or anything, I think it's far more likely than "trends in current shooters" or some BS like that.

OP so awesome, 8 pages in and there's a maximum of 17posts about the actual game. This ones gonna be remembered for a long time. Best OT•

nomis

I beat Spec Ops: The Line in 3 hours and it was my favorite game of last year. It's what you do with that time.

If anyone thinks the narrative in Ghost Dog will make make it's runtime valuable like SpecOps, they're primed for disappointment.

fallagin

Hang on. Phone ringing.

Yes. Yes Mr kotick I saw the thread. Yes he is unfunny. Yes I agree, I bet he has no girlfriend too. No, of course I didn't like it. No, I know. Yes, I remember our deal. Yes, they still have no idea who I am...

...Mr. president.

Lunch box has all the dominant traits bro.

Holy shit this was an amazing OT. Was laughing hard throughout, but that video...good lord. Didn't expect that at all. 10/10, would read again.

antitrop

If anyone thinks the narrative in Ghost Dog will make make it's runtime valuable like SpecOps, they're primed for disappointment.
Oh God no, never in a million years. I was just saying short games can be great, it's all about pacing.
Look at Resident Evil 6 for an example of a game that goes on well past its welcome, into like... 25 hour territory.

But I don't think Ghosts campaign is short because they paced it that way, I think it's short because IW can't develop to the previous standards of the franchise any longer.

Dawg

I don't even know why they bother with SP anymore.

Really? I actually enjoy the SP of most Call of Duty games.

Sure, the story is usually cheesy as fuck but they know how to deliver a short and sweet campaign that is one big rollercoaster ride till the end.

If there is a game that should stop with SP, it's Battlefield. Not Call of Duty.

Top Bottom