• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did someone ask for this? CoD in space?

Then again what players have asked for is MW remaster and they're delivering. At least I have a choice this year. It'll be great to be all ghillied up again in November :)

farcryfan

Neo Member
For anyone wanting classic boots on the ground, you can forget that idea. look at 00:08 in the video and you can spot thrusters/boosters.

It's CoD, in space, whoopie.

In general, adding "In space" almost never works out. See, Leprechaun in Space, Jason X(Friday the 13th in Space), etc.
But Jaxon X has the best kill scene of the whole franchise with the girl in the sleeping bag.

z3phon

As mentioned already looks like black ops 3 and advanced warfare, pretty underwhelming trailer.
Unless we can control space ships that would be pretty cool.

Roussow

What COD cover isn't? They don't even try these days.

GenericSoldier#68 WOAH

You can't even see his face, he's nobody... he's... you? Meh.

Whoops, should have been more specific -- the song cover of Space Oddity they used in that trailer.

KJRS_1993

That looked pretty cool. "Back to its roots" is hopefully a reference to "no space double wall jumping". I'll give it a fair whack.

You guys would not be so critical if it was anything but Call of Duty and you know it.

nelchaar

So. there is a Lebanese Flag in the trailer ?

also. the Jetpack is still there from the look of it lol

9Qk3YPs.jpg

WTF. I need this now!

Marvel

could never
Hmm, was hyped about it being very far into the future with space and shit. But the execution or design to me is a little off or er boring.

Not quite what I was hoping for.

Barakov

According to this image it comes with the Legacy edition:

Call-of-Duty-Infinite-Warfare-Marketing-Image.jpg

Whoa.....the standard version of this $80?

john tv said:
Who is the enemy? Fell off CoD years ago, but this has me intrigued - are we fighting aliens? Space Russians? Muppets? Talk to me

If it we're space russians, it might be okay. If we're fighting muppets or space aliens then this could this could be the most interesting CoD in awhile. More than likely, we're just fighting some people who are far less interesting than the three groups you mentioned.

Alienous

That looked pretty cool. "Back to its roots" is hopefully a reference to "no space double wall jumping". I'll give it a fair whack.

You guys would not be so critical if it was anything but Call of Duty and you know it.

I say what they mean

Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare returns to the roots of the franchise where large-scale war and cinematic, immersive military storytelling take center stage.

As in 'this is a Call of Duty campaign about being a soldier, not a spec-ops operative'. That's one way in which the campaigns have changed since COD4, which was a hybrid of sorts.

Samaritan

Huh! That's actually... less futuristic than I was expecting? Looks like it could only be a couple decades ahead of Advanced Warfare. I'm sure there's some crazier stuff in there than that, but I was expecting some straight-up sci-fi.

Whilst I'm not entirely sold on this, I do think going forward they'll be better off going full sci-fi than the middle ground of near future in the last few games, if they're going in this direction then they should fully embrace it.

ValfarHL

Oh yay. Currently rewatching BSG with my SO, but even though I'm pumped for this, I'm also highly sceptical of anything Call of Duty.

Hip Hop

Well if they are going to keep doing future stuff, I'm glad that some of it takes place in space. I'm still not sure how I feel about it though. I think I'm still more excited about the remastered MW.

I'll be passing on this, it's exactly what I don't want from cod.

Really looking forward to cod4r though.

Word is that there will also be a separate trailer for that too later today.

Huh! That's actually... less futuristic than I was expecting? Looks like it could only be a couple decades ahead of Advanced Warfare. I'm sure there's some crazier stuff in there than that, but I was expecting some straight-up sci-fi.

What is straight-up sci-fi these days? Presumably not interplanetary battleships, space dogfights and soldiers on alien moons.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Wasn't really looking forward to IW's take, and this hasn't done a whole lot to change that.

Also, some of those soldiers in the beginning look way too similar to these Advanced Warfare guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom