• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Who is the enemy? Fell off CoD years ago, but this has me intrigued - are we fighting aliens? Space Russians? Muppets? Talk to me

space nazis from the dark side of the moon.

I really don't like CoD usually..but damn that scifi trailer got me hooked.

RoKKeR

Well, I've been less interested in CoD reveals before. Could be interesting.

Still waiting for the remaster news.

Skunkers

THe same engine they have been running?

Dunno, AW seemed like a different, and much prettier and better optimized engine than BO3. Even though the studios share tech and the base level engine, it wouldn't surprise me if they each have their own fork.

Ertai

Think it looks great! Looking forward to the official reveal and more info on what to expect. Wish this has space battles in MP mode but i guess that's kind of wishful thinking...

Alienous

Dunno, AW seemed like a different, and much prettier and better optimized engine than BO3. Even though the studios share tech and the base level engine, it wouldn't surprise me if they each have their own fork.

It looks like Sledgehammer's version of the engine. Very similar to Advanced Warfare. Considering Advanced Warfare came after Ghosts they probably had that engine to work with straight after releasing Ghosts.

That's practically exactly what I mean by "straight-up sci-fi." Energy weapons, interplanetary—or even interstellar—travel and colonization, space dogfights, highly advanced cybernetics, battles on alien moons/planets, et al. It's also more of an aesthetic than anything else, really, an aesthetic this game is not representing whatsoever.

Obviously it was a matter of mismanaged expectations on my part, but it's disappointing for the series to not make such a drastic leap forward, but instead continue with these incremental baby steps towards sci-fi.

Well it looks like it has all of that stuff, you see a space dogfight, giant hovering battlecruisers, a humanoid robot and a facility on another world. It's practically Killzone.

I think I'll stick to Titanfall for my FPS futuristic shooter, thanks

Although like others have said, I'm guessing they're releasing CoD 4 again to test the waters with a present day shooter.

I fully expect the climax to this game to be all out nuclear war turning the world to rubble and having the next game set back on Earth with standard weapons after 'Day Zero' or some rubbish like that.

Roufianos

What a shit trailer. It's the first time COD's in space and yet they've somehow managed to produce the series' most underwhelming reveal.

Ottobit

Banned
weren't the some people saying that MW remaster poster was fake because of the "alignment" of "infinite warfare"? seems pretty legit now.

0racle

As a sci fi nut I will admit I was excited about the initial idea of space.

But this is just same old call of duty with a planet as a backdrop. Hopefully the gameplay reveal is better.

Gameplay reveal is today right ?

Rembrandt

Banned
eh. at this point i know what to expect from CoD games regardless of the changes. they're still surprisingly fun but my hype has died down. this could still be really interesting but gone are my day one times.

the idea of a futuristic CoD and a WW1 BF dueling it out is really interesting, though.

Yea, I just hope that they sell it separately and not just bundled with the new one. I need it

its activision, they love money, of course they will there might be some sort of timed delay to encourage people to pick up the legacy package, but theres no way they wont have the COd4 remaster everywhere eventually.

What a shit trailer. It's the first time COD's in space and yet they've somehow managed to produce the series' most underwhelming reveal.

This doesn't seem like the full trailer. There's never been a CoD reveal trailer that's this short. Here are the run times for CoD's from this gen

Ghosts - 2:27
Advanced Warfare - 2:47
Black Ops 3 - 2:08

Card Boy

Banned
weren't the some people saying that MW remaster poster was fake because of the "alignment" of "infinite warfare"? seems pretty legit now.

People where saying it was fake because they used poor marketing language such as "Only 10 maps" which implies your product is a lesser or inferior one.

CrBr5RA.gif

That looks amazing!!

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Wasn't that Ghosts ?

CoD4 remaster could be a way to get back people to CoD and get more content for the new fans ("live the legend")

Ghosts was a bland and timid title with poorly designed multiplayer. Like a worse Modern Warfare 3.

As a singleplayer gamer, Black Ops II was the last CoD I played and don't like this trailer at all. Where is my classic (!) CoDs?! :(

nOoblet16

The one good thing about COD going full futuristic sci fi is that DICE can finally start working on BF2143. I remember a few years ago they said it wouldn't work because people wouldn't like made up guns and fictional stuff (back when modern warfare was popular).

Which gaffer will fall all over himself or herself to post the most hyperbolic "I don't care/I'll never play this" statement? Stay tuned ITT!

//DEVIL//

From the trailer it seems the world is united to face something else out of space. I watched the trailer again and i seen a uk flag as well as the lebanese flag. Independence day movie kinda game ?

This should be fun

Keasar

The one good thing about COD going full futuristic sci fi is that DICE can finally start working on BF2143. I remember a few years ago they said it wouldn't work because people wouldn't like made up guns and fictional stuff (back when modern warfare was popular).

Did they seriously? That is such horseshit.

A: BF2142 was amazing because partly of its made up guns because you could start coming up with inventive new ideas for them (like LMGs that would get more accurate the more you fired, fixing the issue that suppressive fire was useless in earlier BF games)

B: Made up guns is always a superior choice. It gives creative freedom and it also lets you skip having to pay license fees to weapon manufacturers who get way enough money to get by selling their actual weapons.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
From the trailer it seems the world is united to face something else out of space. I watched the trailer again and i seen a uk flag as well as the lebanese flag. Independence day movie kinda game ?

This should be fun

if they go the independence day route...I'll buy day one. not matter how much I disliked CoD in the past.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like good craic, roll on the expensive edition where I give them all my moneys for Infinite Warfare/COD4 RM

Waldini

Nope.

Fuck this.

I miss the time I was looking forward to an Infinity Ward COD. Only good thing that came from this is that IW acknowledges that Ghost was shit.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Looks More similar to Advanced Warfare than Black Ops III... Ans that's not a great news, Black Ops III was much better. :-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom