• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will probably become separate eventually like CoD Classic did, but I wouldn't expect it until next year.

yeah, it will probably be available way earlier or after infinite warfare launches not to kill the multiplayer :D but clearly it's a downloadable pack, probably an addition to the ingame menu so you can't trade in the disc.

Looks like when BO3 and Advanced Warfare had a baby...

Man there is really no variety anymore with this CoD games... all share the same theme... mostly the same gameplay..

Why not call every game Infinite Warfare from now on?

Varg

Banned
Yep. Confirmed my fears that this was going full future mode. Get it for the remaster and I'll sell the game on Craigslist for 40.

Samaritan

What is straight-up sci-fi these days? Presumably not interplanetary battleships, space dogfights and soldiers on alien moons.

That's practically exactly what I mean by "straight-up sci-fi." Energy weapons, interplanetary—or even interstellar—travel and colonization, space dogfights, highly advanced cybernetics, battles on alien moons/planets, et al. It's also more of an aesthetic than anything else, really, an aesthetic this game is not representing whatsoever.

Obviously it was a matter of mismanaged expectations on my part, but it's disappointing for the series to not make such a drastic leap forward, but instead continue with these incremental baby steps towards sci-fi.

Plum

Looks like most of it will just take place on Earth with occasional trips into orbit. If they're going to do space then they should actually go into space, not just Earth's back yard.

Quite underwhelmed by this. That music was horrible as well.

16BitNova

Looks pretty good!

Guys, can you imagine if we get Ground War maps/gametypes that are like OG Battlefront Space Battles?! That would seal the deal.

Huh, and here I assumed I could sit COD out until the next Treyarch title.

Kind of funny that all of the COD devs have gone full future though. I assumed at least one would stay deliberately retro.

Rafy

I have a feeling the remaster is going to sell more copies than Infinite Warfare.

What a stupid name for the game too. Feels like they run out of names and are now just using the studio's name as part of the title

EDIT: I almost forgot, why the fuck use a cover of a Bowie song?! It was awful, at least use the original...

Infinite warfare though?

What a fucking name.

This game is too american for me. Everything from the obvious Bowie track, the generic game cover and even the name of the game.

Well, as someone who hated the cloyingly American jingoistic overtones of the modern setting and found the games increasingly more appealing as they got more Sci Fi, this will be my first COD since they made the jump away from WW2.

Not sure if that's a good or bad thing for long term fans though, but hey, that infinitely more fun than any of the Modern Warfare games to me at least.

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
After seeing that I know why Activision plan to release COD4 again

Keasar

there will be a stream here later today..

https://www.twitch.tv/CallofDuty

their bold, new vision for Call of Duty.

1kezCrJ.gif

"Okay, okay, so in this new Call of Duty, we like to introduce you to jetpacks!"

"Titanfall did it."
"And also us in two games in a row after that."

"Alright, uhm, we have space battles! Massive ships that shoot at each other in space!"

"Titanfall did it too."

"Right, shit, well, they don't have square headed robots do they!? That at least we got!"

"And also"

"FUCK!"

That's practically exactly what I mean by "straight-up sci-fi." Energy weapons, interplanetary—or even interstellar—travel and colonization, space dogfights, highly advanced cybernetics, battles on alien moons/planets, et al. It's also more of an aesthetic than anything else, really, an aesthetic this game is not representing whatsoever.

Obviously it was a matter of mismanaged expectations on my part, but it's disappointing for the series to not make such a drastic leap forward, but instead continue with these incremental baby steps towards sci-fi.

I thought Titanfall was pretty restrained in sci-fi terms, but they are giving us electric titan swords in alien jungles.

Samaritan

I thought Titanfall was pretty restrained in sci-fi terms, but they are giving us electric titan swords in alien jungles.

Really? Cause that game had huge-ass space dinosaurs and mecha. You weren't shooting lasers or energy blasts or anything like that, true, but Titanfall was pretty sci-fi.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Rewatching the trailer, I've got to wonder who the hell chose these clips. Look, it's some guys shuffling across the room. Look, it's a guy shining a flashlight around in a corridor. Look it's some guys falling and an explosion. Look, it's your CO from Advanced Warfare saying something both dramatic and unintelligible to your face. Look, it's a lady lowering her gun and giving a dead eyed stare at something off-screen.

Paired with Call of Duty (or any AAA military game of the last decade), these scenes have become so trite and generic. Space is honestly the only potentially interesting thing they've got going here.

roytheone

I hope they go all out insane with the setting and have us fight on alien planets with weird shit, like giant alien slug monsters, low gravity stuff, weird old ruins. I want them to go full bonkers.

Skunkers

Well, as someone who hated the cloyingly American jingoistic overtones of the modern setting and found the games increasingly more appealing as they got more Sci Fi, this will be my first COD since they made the jump away from WW2.

Not sure if that's a good or bad thing for long term fans though, but hey, that infinitely more fun than any of the Modern Warfare games to me at least.

You should definitely check out Advanced Warfare too. It has an awesome campaign (imo, possibly the best), a *lot* of near-future sci-fi stuff, and an interesting thematic play on the jingoism.

This game does look great though, this is where I've wanted the series to go since BO2 introduced the real sci-fi stuff. Pretty hyped.

rdytoroll

Looks alright for what it is. So now the last few Call of Duty games have all been in a near future/future setting and they're probably going more futuristic with each release. Can't atleast one CoD studio give us a WW2, Vietnam or whatever shooter?

VexyWexy

Looks alright for what it is. So now the last few Call of Duty games have all been in a near future/future setting and they're probably going more futuristic with each release. Can't atleast one CoD studio give us a WW2, Vietnam or whatever shooter?

I bet the CoD 4 remaster is a test to see how successful an 'old fashion' CoD would be.

Alx

David Bowie - Space Oddity. Of course.

I actually didn't like the use of that song for the trailer, I think it doesn't fit (and I love Space Oddity... As a matter of fact I was listening to it this morning before I even knew about the trailer).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom