• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can you imagine Gears of War 6 graphics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RagnarokIV

craig fairbrass pat tate GIF by Signaturee Entertainment

S0ULZB0URNE

As a fan of the series and tech... I don't expect to 'see' much of a difference but I expect them to tell us there is.

Still should be a looker as always though.

Beechos

I'll look good but nothing that's not been seen before. They were pushing 4k60 and 120fps with gears 5. If they try the same with gears 6 it will limit what they can do.

Kikorin

Gears lost its charm with the new trilogy, in the graphics compartment too. They just seems to follow some pretty obvious steps, like "we need a woman", "we need a jungle environment", "we need a desert environment", etc...

Direction of the original trilogy was miles better, now is still good looking game, but visually so boring. They need to take back the gritty and horror vibes of the first Gears.

SkylineRKR

I can imagine the game playing exactly like Gears 5 which played exactly like Gears 1 which made me lose interest rather quickly.

Gears lost its charm with the new trilogy, in the graphics compartment too. They just seems to follow some pretty obvious steps, like "we need a woman", "we need a jungle environment", "we need a desert environment", etc...

Direction of the original trilogy was miles better, now is still good looking game, but visually so boring. They need to take back the gritty and horror vibes of the first Gears.

Yeah it looked very cookie cutter. Snow area, desert area etc. Its a very bright and colorful game with the cast also being quite light hearted. Its almost like a T-rated version of Gears of War.

Gears 5 does feel like it checks all the boxes and lacks the bleak and hopeless atmosphere of the original games.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom