• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming "Deals" and Discussion Thread 6: Sorry, We Can't Afford a New Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vamphuntr

So I've contacted Amazon 4 times about my MGSV order which has no estimated delivery date

Every time "Yes you will receive your item by Sept 1"

This morning I contacted them again since it's supposed to ship in two days

"I'm sorry it looks like the item for your order is unavailable. I will have our stock team investigate "

FUUUUUUUUUUUU

Why do you keep harassing them? 4 times you get an answer and you keep going? If you want Day 1 release Amazon.ca is usually not the place to use.

My MGSV says estimated delivery between Sep 6 and Sep 11 on Amazon.
Quite ridiculous but this is Quebec after all.

Where do you live in Quebec? Because I swear to god Amazon has a warehouse in Montreal. My Rare Replay actually came from the Montreal warehouse and I live in Toronto and it took 2 days after release to get here.

Shipping times are still really based on your proximity to an Amazon warehouse, and pure luck. The 3 major ones seem to be in Richmond (Vancouver), Mississauga (Toronto), and Montreal.

Renewed

Today's been unfortunate.... Went to the only store within 10km that had the refurb PS3 on sale and I could manage to bring it down quite a bit. Had to track down all the games that the neighbour kids took (because it'd be selfish to hold onto these and not use them according to the folks...). 50% of these look in no shape for a trade in since I couldn't do it in good conscience.

So I swing by (north of Steeles, meaning extra fare and I only have enough for one trip). I learn when trading in for consoles you need to have gov. ID (which I don't have on me. I'm a nervous wreck in a vehicle so I don't have a driver's license). So I have to go find something sufficient. 6km walk back home and I'm feeling great.

Bonus: Apparently the freezer was open so everything is somewhat thawed or melted. Awesome.

Marakh101

Neo Member
Where do you live in Quebec? Because I swear to god Amazon has a warehouse in Montreal. My Rare Replay actually came from the Montreal warehouse and I live in Toronto and it took 2 days after release to get here.

Shipping times are still really based on your proximity to an Amazon warehouse, and pure luck. The 3 major ones seem to be in Richmond (Vancouver), Mississauga (Toronto), and Montreal.

I'm in Montreal. If what you say is true I'm gonna snap! lol

Why do you keep harassing them? 4 times you get an answer and you keep going? If you want Day 1 release Amazon.ca is usually not the place to use.

It was 4 times over the period of about 2 months. I keep contacting them because they kept giving me timelines on when my order would be updated (ie 1 week) and then nothing would change so I would get back to them.

In my experience if you don't hassle them for stuff (preorder codes, shipping changes) then nothing happens.

And I've actually had very good experience with day 1 delivery so I've come to expect it. I pay $80 a year for prime and I would like to get my value from it.

N° 2048

Because Amazon CSR is incompetent as fuck. Took me 5 reps to get them to look into the "shipping glitch."

I have the same issue as him and they said Until Dawn would arrive today even though it never said shipped out. Look at that? It didn't arrive today.
Danganronpa and Mad Max also say Oct 27 shipping date.

I'm doing the old "return Amazon copy to BestBuy" to be able to play Until Dawn on release day. Will probably have to do it with Danganronpa and Max Max too.

Oh, I am a Prime member (first time trying it, and the last)
Choose release day shipping as well.
I even chose "ship items as they release at extra charge". Even though everyone here said not to and that they would ship separately even if I chose "group items into one shipment."

So no, it's not "harassment."

UberTag

Because Amazon CSR is incompetent as fuck. Took me 5 reps to get them to look into the "shipping glitch."

I have the same issue as him and they said Until Dawn would arrive today even though it never said shipped out. Look at that? It's not here. I'm doing the old "return amazon copy to BestBuy" to be able to play on release day.

Oh, I am a Prime member (first time trying it, and the last)
Choose release day shipping as well.

Still happened. So no, it's not "harassment."
If their support was competent you'd have only needed to contact them once. Not 5 times.
I'm with you on this one.

oneils

But preordering nets you 30% off and the products are easy to cancel.

Preordering is what everyone in Canada should be doing during E3.

Did not know about this. Do Microsoft and Sony have similar deals for digital preorders during e3?

Madness

If their support was competent you'd have only needed to contact them once. Not 5 times.
I'm with you on this one.

Canada support is way worse than US support. It's also a YMMV situation everytime. Usually you get someone who knows what they're doing, others who have no clue and want to go by the book. Sometimes, if you feel the CSR is incompetent, close chat, start it again and say you accidentally got disconnected.

Roto13

Did not know about this. Do Microsoft and Sony have similar deals for digital preorders during e3?

If they did, you wouldn't be able to cancel them like you can on Amazon. Wouldn't be a good idea to just automatically pre-order everything you're kind of interested in.

Oh my! That would explain why mine took 2 days too, even though I paid for (estimated) release date shipping. I had no idea they had a Montreal warehouse.

oneils

If they did, you wouldn't be able to cancel them like you can on Amazon. Wouldn't be a good idea to just automatically pre-order everything you're kind of interested in.

I figured that, just wondered if the two companies had deals during e3. I prefer digital games these days, but psn ain't having the greatest deals these days. I'll keep checking those flash sales.

Anyone had any luck with 2014 Future Shop orders? I have MGS coming from them still but delivery says Jan 1. Anyone getting these games even reasonably on time?

Robert807

I called up bestbuy today too see what's up with my e3 2014 order. I asked the lady if everything good and my order will go threw still. The lady on the phone said to me this order is for futureshop that's why you can log in online to see the order. She assured me that the order will go through after putting me on hold for like 10 seconds. I'll be pissed if I have to spend more on mad max and that metal gear game.

I called up bestbuy today too see what's up with my e3 2014 order. I asked the lady if everything good and my order will go threw still. The lady on the phone said to me this order is for futureshop that's why you can log in online to see the order. She assured me that the order will go through after putting me on hold for like 10 seconds. I'll be pissed if I have to spend more on mad max and that metal gear game.

If you go on futureshop.ca and have your order number you'll be able to see it. Would be curious if yours also says Jan 1. Little worried at this point.

Robert807

My ps4 e3 orders that I used for an account I made just says total of my order, when I click on it I get error (0141). My Xbox order that I order as a guest shows up when I click on check order. Mad max scheduled for sept 1 delivered.

Edit , yeah Halo 5 says delivery Jan 1 st 2016
Wish I could log into my ps4 pre orders.

FrsDvl

Anyone know what trade in values for new games are? I'm going to do one more play through and then I'm considering trading in Until Dawn. Would it be a better bet to put it up on Kijiji?

Outrun

Anyone know what trade in values for new games are? I'm going to do one more play through and then I'm considering trading in Until Dawn. Would it be a better bet to put it up on Kijiji?

kijiji is your best bet.

It is good for you because you can sell for more than what EB is offering.

It is good for the buyer because your price can be cheaper than what EB is selling.

Been awhile since I've done trade ins but I remember them topping out at 35 bucks. Would presumably be up given prices but who knows. Kijiji or Gaf seems like a better bet.

FrsDvl

any chance mgsv getz released early in some shops? apparently its happening in the states.

Sure, you just got to be lucky and not count on stores like BestBuy, EBgames, the source etc. Local mom n pop stores are your best bet if you have one around.

kijiji is your best bet.

It is good for you because you can sell for more than what EB is offering.

It is good for the buyer because your price can be cheaper than what EB is selling.

I figured as much, I'll see if I can get 60 for it I suppose.

N° 2048

THANK you Chaitanya from Amazon!

She had me replace the order for Danganronpa and Mad Max and applied the %30 discount + still getting the price guarantee.

Since my Prime is still in effect I should be getting them Sept 1.

She was the 7th CSR I had to try.

$25-$35, with the higher end of that pricing being more common at independent stores.

i-Jest

I have ordered all my games on Amazon for about 2 years and this would be the first time I haven't had one on release day. I am playing the game on Tuesday so if my Amazon order hasn't arrived by then I'll be cancelling it and buying elsewhere. It is what it is I suppose

Cool beans. I hope it all works out.

mackaveli

Quick question about PSN cards. Wasn't sure where to post this and didn't want to make a thread.

Does Amazon sell these digitally? Like I saw a $20 card and $50 but not sure if its digital or physical?

Also, do PSN cards only come in $20 and $50?

I got a $5 credit on Amazon and want to get a PSN digital gift card so I can use it right away.

What are my options?

thanks.

It depends where you are located. Craigslist is bigger in Greater Vancouver than Kijiji, but I've heard it is the opposite in other parts of Canada.

I usually end up selling games for $45-$50 picked up from my house. That's a few weeks after release, though.

ohlawd

Quick question about PSN cards. Wasn't sure where to post this and didn't want to make a thread.

Does Amazon sell these digitally? Like I saw a $20 card and $50 but not sure if its digital or physical?

Also, do PSN cards only come in $20 and $50?

I got a $5 credit on Amazon and want to get a PSN digital gift card so I can use it right away.

What are my options?

thanks.
don't think .ca does. you can find the codes easy on .com but it looks like there's no digital code option for Canadian plebs

20 and 50, yeah. but .com has a lot more denominations

you have no options lol. amazon.ca ships you the code so have fun waiting

mackaveli

don't think .ca does. you can find the codes easy on .com but it looks like there's no digital code option for Canadian plebs

20 and 50, yeah. but .com has a lot more denominations

you have no options lol. amazon.ca ships you the code so have fun waiting

Thanks, lol, well I'll just buy a blu-ray or something and just buy $20 online from Sony PSN.

Received my biweekly emails from FS/BB and MGSV no longer shows up on the notice for my FS order. That usually means it's being processed. I don't see any CC charge on the website yet.

It also says delivery for September 1st.

Oneself

Anyone had any luck with 2014 Future Shop orders? I have MGS coming from them still but delivery says Jan 1. Anyone getting these games even reasonably on time?
I get them on day one.
My MGSV order from 2013 says "will be delivered on release day".
You should call their POS customer support.

Saskabush

This is my first time ever ordering anything off of Amazon. I pre-ordered 4 E3 games but my order is set to ship when "all items are available". I assume they will ship MGSV without waiting for the other games which are months/years away from release? Do I need to change it to ship when each item becomes available? Sorry for the ignorance, I just want to make sure I have it for my holidays next week.

N° 2048

This is my first time ever ordering anything off of Amazon. I pre-ordered 4 E3 games but my order is set to ship when "all items are available". I assume they will ship MGSV without waiting for the other games which are months/years away from release? Do I need to change it to ship when each item becomes available? Sorry for the ignorance, I just want to make sure I have it for my holidays next week.

Everyone here says "group items together" will work but that Amazon has told me that it doesn't always work.

zroid

Banned
Has anyone done ship to store with The Source before? I ordered a couple of those clearance items and just trying to figure out whether they're ready for pick up...

According to the shipment tracking, it's been delivered since yesterday morning, but I never received an email or anything to notify me.

edit: never mind I called the store and they said it was ready. the weird thing was on The Source's website, all the stores' phone numbers just use a generic toll free number which didn't get me anywhere. I found the actual store's phone number via google maps, lol.

Keep in mind that trading to Eb saves you on tax as well.

But for until, since it's so new, you'd probably get better value from kijiji.

Dazzler

I just checked the status of my MGS V order on the Futureshop website and it also says "Will ship as early as Jan 1st"

uh oh

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone done ship to store with The Source before? I ordered a couple of those clearance items and just trying to figure out whether they're ready for pick up...

According to the shipment tracking, it's been delivered since yesterday morning, but I never received an email or anything to notify me.

edit: never mind I called the store and they said it was ready. the weird thing was on The Source's website, all the stores' phone numbers just use a generic toll free number which didn't get me anywhere. I found the actual store's phone number via google maps, lol.

My Captain Toad got delivered to my mailbox this morning before I even got a tracking email from The Source.

No_Style

They will ship as it becomes available. They'll only bundle things together if it's within a certain time of availability. From my experience, that time of availability is two weeks or so.

So if you have a game that comes out Sep 1 and Sep 8, you might have to wait for them to bundle ship together. I've never personally experienced this with new releases because I never ordered back-to-back new releases from Amazon.ca. However, I've experienced this when ordering items where one is immediately available and the other is in-stock in 2-4 weeks and I had to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom