• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming "Deals" and Discussion Thread 6: Sorry, We Can't Afford a New Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadWolf

This.

I cancelled a preorder with steam. But the only way to do that is to ask for a refund. It's not as seamless as cancelling a preorder on Amazon.

They got all pissed I did that lol.

That's lame, it's just a pre-order. Not like you tried to abuse the system after actually playing the game or whatever.

sjay1994

I guess I can go to fanexpo, buy a copy of MGSV there and get it signed by troy baker. Sigh... I wanted him to sign the arm, but of course shit goes wrong.

Also, I just got this from the amazon rep I talked to an hour ago

I am writing to followup on our recent chat conversation.

I can understand your concern regarding this issue.

In this case, please don't be concern regarding the email which you receive regarding this order

I checked notice that, this item is not in stock with Amazon suppliers to ship it soon.but we won't cancel this order.

Based on the information that we have received from the supplier, we currently expect to be able to ship your order to you by September 14 - September 21, 2015.

Please note that, the above estimated date is maximum time that we have received from our suppliers. However, I can assure that we are working hard to obtain this item from our suppliers for you. As soon as we received the item from our suppliers, we will ship it at first priority to your address.

On the date of shipment, we'll send you an e-mail confirming the date, contents, and method of your shipment.

I hope this information helps for you.

MrFixIt

I'm in the same boat with Amazon and the MGS5 Collectors edition. I contacted Amazon and this is how it went.

Me: Hey there, I'm a little worried that this order isn't going to be fulfilled. Just want to know what's going on exactly.

Amazon: Hello, my name is Dinesh. I'll be happy to help you.

Metal Gear Solid V Phantom Pain - PlayStation 4 Collector's Edition ?

Me: yup exactly

Amazon: Can you hold for a minute or two while I research this for you?

Me: of course!

Amazon: Thank you.

Nick , I can see that this item is going to release on September 1st.
And we are sure that we will ship it on release date,Nick .

Me: Really? Because I got an email today saying that Amazon isn't sure when it will ship and my delivery estimate changed to "not shipped yet" instead of an actual estimate

Amazon: I can understand that some emails are send out.
But we are sure that we will ship it on release date,Nick .

Me: Perfect, that's all i needed to know! Thank you :)

Amazon: You're welcome. Is there anything else I can do for you today?

Me: Nope, that's everything! Thank you!

I'm in the same boat with Amazon and the MGS5 Collectors edition. I contacted Amazon and this is how it went.

Me: Hey there, I'm a little worried that this order isn't going to be fulfilled. Just want to know what's going on exactly.

Amazon: Hello, my name is Dinesh. I'll be happy to help you.

Metal Gear Solid V Phantom Pain - PlayStation 4 Collector's Edition ?

Me: yup exactly

Amazon: Can you hold for a minute or two while I research this for you?

Me: of course!

Amazon: Thank you.

Nick , I can see that this item is going to release on September 1st.
And we are sure that we will ship it on release date,Nick .

Me: Really? Because I got an email today saying that Amazon isn't sure when it will ship and my delivery estimate changed to "not shipped yet" instead of an actual estimate

Amazon: I can understand that some emails are send out.
But we are sure that we will ship it on release date,Nick .

Me: Perfect, that's all i needed to know! Thank you :)

Amazon: You're welcome. Is there anything else I can do for you today?

Me: Nope, that's everything! Thank you!

That's exactly what they've been telling me for weeks

I do not believe them

FrsDvl

Ask him if he can look up when it's going to be shipped out. They can see that, they told me early this week that my copy of MGS (regular) was going to be send out on Friday

Parapraxis

MGSV Shipped for me as well.

Love the E3 deal making it only cost $56.34!

2ysQ1aJ.png

HALA-LI-LU-LE-LO !!!

Heads up to anyone that pre-ordered the Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void CE from amazon.ca, apparently they dropped the price from $99.99 to 49.96 briefly.

I contacted CS and they adjusted my preorder to the new price.

Kiro

Heads up to anyone that pre-ordered the Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void CE from amazon.ca, apparently they dropped the price from $99.99 to 49.96 briefly.

I contacted CS and they adjusted my preorder to the new price.

Contacting now... I pray this works. That would be a godsend and make up for the lack of a beta key. Did you get a beta key? If so, how?

EDIT: It worked. Nice, thanks for that info! I wonder if they will update all of them automatically.

Mimosa97

This.

I cancelled a preorder with steam. But the only way to do that is to ask for a refund. It's not as seamless as cancelling a preorder on Amazon.

They got all pissed I did that lol.

Oh ok. That's fucked up then. Why would they make veiled threats for cancelling a pre-order ?

Steam you scary.

Contacting now... I pray this works. That would be a godsend and make up for the lack of a beta key. Did you get a beta key? If so, how?

EDIT: It worked. Nice, thanks for that info! I wonder if they will update all of them automatically.

good to see it worked for you! I never got a beta key in the mail as far as I remember. Then again, I'm not too big on the beta itself since it's multiplayer. I play blizzard games for the single player myself.

kevin1025

Banned
Customer service dude at Amazon said both Metal Gear Solid V and Mad Max are shipping tomorrow. Everyone start getting ready for excitement!

FrsDvl

I have been promised that my copy of MGSV ships out tomorrow, i'm in Edmonton and chose 2 day shipping. I'm sure everyone's order will go out tomorrow if it didn't today.

Contacted Amazon, and the guy said the order is apparently shipping out tonight and will get here 'before September 1st'

Praise jesus if that game gets here tomorrow

jholmes

New deal, not gaming but you can use it on a number of gaming devices!

MLB.TV is $10 for the rest of the year and if some friends go in on it you can pay as little as $2.50. That's for the whole remainder of the regular season.

And of course we all want Blue Jays broadcasts and anyone in Canada is in the blackout zone but those may or may not be enforced as well as you might think, nudge nudge, keep this part quiet

Cheap baseball! Cut the cord! Everyone wins.

zroid

Banned
MOVIE & PERSONAL HYGIENE DEAL

I spotted in this week's Loblaws flyer that if you purchase 2 bottles of Dial Body Wash ($2.99 ea), you can get a free Admit One voucher for Cineplex

i dunno the details yet. sounds like a good deal tho.

I spotted in this week's Loblaws flyer that if you purchase 2 bottles of Dial Body Wash ($2.99 ea), you can get a free Admit One voucher for Cineplex

Cineplex sending out an important message...that indeed, you should shower/bathe before going to the movies.

MGSV Shipped for me as well.

Love the E3 deal making it only cost $56.34!

2ysQ1aJ.png

HALA-LI-LU-LE-LO !!!

That moment when you realize that you're celebrating prices that you would have paid for roughly one year ago #HarperMoments

I'm excited about paying $60 again, too! :D

Stage On

unconfirmed PS4 MGSV bundle

Was over at RFD and somebody said best buy will have TLOU PS4 bundle with MGSV for 450 starting tomorrow.

Finally a bundle that has a game I actually want for a change. If it`s actually available tommorow that`ll be hard to resist. I don`t know if I should jump in now or wait for black Friday for the slim chance their might be an even better deal.

bcons

Neo Member
To those whos Amazon orders have shipped, what shipping speed did you pick?

My order shipped today and I'm just using the regular 2-day prime shipping. Pretty sure it all depends on where you're located. I've been in NS all summer and my pre orders have been shipping on Thursdays but when I'm in Vancouver they always ship on Fridays.

Mimosa97

What ? Does it mean that you get a ticket for every 6$ spent on body wash ?

In before it's not available in QC :(

Edit : found it. You have to actually buy the products and then mail some coupon to Cineplex. I'm too lazy to do it.

Dramos

So I pre-ordered games during the E3 sale at amazon. However, I want to swap one of the titles for another one? Is it possible?

Parapraxis

Same deal at Atlantic Superstore for those on the East Coast. It's a mail-in, but a ticket for $6 is a pretty great deal.

Mikey Jr.

These things are never valid for Fri/Sat.

Lexxism

So I pre-ordered games during the E3 sale at amazon. However, I want to swap one of the titles for another one? Is it possible?
They don't do that but try to chat with them and see what they can do. Who knows you might get lucky with the CSR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom