• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canelo Álvarez vs Julio César Chávez jr - A Fight For Mexican Pride - Saturday 5/6/17

studyguy

So the last time I saw Chavez throw a fight this hard, the crowd started throwing bottles at the ring and some drunk dude knocked out another drunk in the stands. That was still more exciting than the actual fight.

see5harp

Mexican fans hate Chavez Jr. They are probably enjoying seeing him get worked for 12 rounds.

Yea they would root for Canelo regardless. Even if it's one sided and noncompetitive guys like Sergio, Manny, and GGG make a show of it. Canelo is like the most unmexican fighter worthy of Mexican fans ever.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
I also don't understand what Canelo is doing. What are you trying to prove by beating a dude who wants to get beat up?

No way I see this Canelo giving GGG any challenge.

Canelo has fought and beat some great fighters. Why you would choose this match to decide Canelo can't even give GGG a 'challenge' is patently absurd.

GGG didn't look all that great in his last fight.

Chavez is a scrub but he's huge and hard to KO.

Neither of them look good so far. If Canelo fights GGG like how he fights right now, GGG will punish him for staying on the ropes. At this weight Canelo seems to have no power but he still retains some speed and that might give him the edge against GGG.

But GGG remains open too much and is easily punchable just like his last two fights. He is nearly all offense with no defense. Canelo has a bit of everything that can pose a challenge for GGG.

It will depend entirely on which weight class they agree to fight at. The money maker has alot of say and they will definitely want the fight at a weight class that Canelo can maintain his power and his speed.

Zok310

Banned
I feel soooooooooooo bad for the folks that paid for this shit. Shit like this is bad for boxing. Good luck to HBO and trying to sell another c.jr fight.

studyguy

Smh Chavez is gonna collect this check and walk. No se la merece...

Also GGG will never happen so long as De La Hoya can milk Canelo.

I feel soooooooooooo bad for the folks that paid for this shit. Shit like this is bad for boxing. Good luck to HBO and trying to sell another c.jr fight.

Lol they don't give a fuck about Chavez Jr. Canelo is still the biggest draw in boxing. This is all cake for them.

Top Bottom