• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canned games that were barely ever shown. Which would you have loved to have seen?

Space*Agency for DS
It sounded a lot like a 2D Mass Effect 1 with much more style and flair all set to house music. Even had spaceship battles. Made by the same people that made Contact on DS
6.gif
tumblr_l4a0cj2a8N1qzpbds.jpg

3.jpg
2.jpg

There was even a pitch trailer:
http://youtu.be/QBRq1GS-jzY

This looks dope as shit!
Maybe they decided to up it up a bit for the New 3DS maybe?
pfft

To End All Wars - a World War One FPS that was announced in 2007 for PS360. I was pretty excited for that. It was being developed in the UK by the now defunct Chemistry (formerly Kujo Sheffield) to be published by Ghostlight. Don't know how much actual development was done on it, but a cover was shown.

GqNy1xA.png

You can actually buy a game called To End All Wars now, but its an unrelated PC strategy title that came out this year.

KoopaTheCasual

FF Versus XIII. I would love to have the kingdom hearts gameplay, but instead we get the weird 1 button system. Still gonna love every second, so its only mild dissapointment

The Last Guardian
I'm trying to stay cautiously optimistic about the revamped battle system, but yea, 8 years of waiting for your dream game just to be told, "oh you know that thing that makes this game your dream game? Yea, we tossed that completely"

Sigh.

mcz117chief

Wow, this thread is pretty depressing. So many good games have been lost. Somebody might have already said it but: C&C Tiberium
95908_0_org.jpg

sörine

Banned
I'd forgotten all about Space Agency on DS! Tiny Cartridge used to pimp it all the time.

Is Audio still around? I wonder if they could finish it up for an eShop release or something?

sörine

Banned
A couple (?) of E3s ago, Konami showed a sizzle reel of a Contra game. All it consisted of was the burning C logo slowly coming into focus on the center of the screen, no gameplay footage. Not a peep since.
Wasn't this supposedly the Mercurysteam tps reboot?

Personally I'd have rather seen Contra Spirits 64 from KCEO (the Goemon/ISS guys) come to fruition. Or else the rumored Contravania from Iga's team on XBLA/3DS.

Krejlooc

Banned
sörine;136166566 said:
Wasn't this supposedly the Mercurysteam tps reboot?

Personally I'd have rather seen Contra Spirits 64 from KCEO (the Goemon/ISS guys) come to fruition. Or else the rumored Contravania from Iga's team on XBLA/3DS.

Oh I wish I hadn't learned about this...

:(

Maximo 3
I loved the two games released on the PS2, wonderful 3D spinoffs to Ghosts n Goblins and wonderfully difficult.
As they were working on Maximo 3, Capcom closed down that company

[IG]http://www.unseen64.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/maximo-3-ps2-cancelled02.jpg[/IMG]
[IG]http://www.unseen64.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/maximo-3-ps2-cancelled15.jpg[/IMG]
[IG]http://www.unseen64.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/maximo-3-ps2-cancelled08.jpg[/IMG]
Supposedly it was supposed to have much more exploration elements and gets some more ideas from Zelda (items, puzzles) and Mark of Kri (lock-on system). I would've loved it to play that one.

It's still amazing how a developer went from making Maximo to Final Fight: Streetwise. Maximo did a great job of capturing what people loved about G&G and translating that into a fully 3D game, yet Streetwise was a game that made you wonder if the developers even knew what Final Fight was.

Qwark

Glad to see a couple mentions for Faith and a .45. That game looked like it had so much style, would've loved to play another Noir similar to Saboteur.

I was also really hyped for Eight Days at the time, mostly scripted I know, but it looked pretty awesome.

The only other one I can think of off the top of my head was Ruin for for Vita/PS3. It looked cool in the trailers, but probably would've just ended up being another generic Untold Legends.

Of course all the canceled Sonic projects make me drool.

Ikon

Titan is the big one for me. Surprised to see relatively few mentions for it.

Also the remaining Capron games for the gamecube. I forget if there was supposed to be one or two more?

OnPoint

Oh, I got a good one. The Castlevania for Dreamcast, and the one that was teased a few E3s ago but never came out. I think it was supposed to star Alucard. I can't find the trailer ANYWHERE.

I think you're reading a tone where there is none implied. I type like I talk.

It's possible I am, and if that's the case it's possible that you talk in a condescending manner too. You're not precluded from coming off arrogantly just because that's how you talk. Just consider it for the future. No harm no foul. Happy posting man *handshake*

Man God

Non-Canon Member
IGN Cube did a hell of a job hyping up Raven Blade and the other Retro games canceled so Metroid Prime could live back in the day.

Golnei

Also, how about Star Fox 2 on SNES? That is a game that I think deserved a proper retail release.

Seeing as it was essentially complete save for translation, they really should release it as a VC title if there aren't any legal issues involved.

The recent undelivered Rogue Squadron on Wii. I was thinking about Factor 5 pushing to the limit the Nintendo Wii materializing the difference between Gamecube and Wii.

Another hit was Shen Mue and Virtua Fighter 3 on Sega Saturn.

Top Bottom