• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom announces E.X. Troopers for 3DS/PS3 [Website and trailer online]

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Looks okay. I'm not following it anymore other than this topic though. So Sven can go 'well maybe it is maybe it isnt coming out in the states'

The M.O.B

"Rotate around enemy, hit weak point for massive damage"

They still haven't done away with this in the Lost Planet games? smh

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I'd be surprised if that was 3DS if this was anyone but Capcom. The in-game style is a bit ugly artistically though.

If it's this or MML3, I'm glad it's this.
i9gN8aSrCNZby.gif

Curious as to how they will price the PS3 version. Will PS3 owners be willing to pay 40 bucks for a 3DS up-port?

I wouldn't mind as long as they put in the extra effort to give the PS3 version some improvements. Specifically by having the game run at 60fps. There's really no reason that it shouldn't be able to hit that framerate.

I agree, loving the character art/models. I hate when Japanese games have those weird loli type characters.. I can enjoy the games still, but I just think the whole loli type form is weird. Also, I consider these types of characters more older teenage/young adult types. Not younger loli types.

Oh man, this is looking bad.

The animation looks nowhere near as good as LP1 and 2. It is like they did not have access to a motion capture studio this time around. Also, they've retained a dodge maneuver and grappling hook, but we'll have to see if it's as responsive as the previous games.

It seriously does look like a PS2 game; I have to echo the guy who said that earlier. Piss poor character designs as well; a step back from LP2, which was a step back from LP:EC. You gotta be a huge anime apologist to like the main character. Oh well, time to write it off.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Will buy for PS3.

Oh man, this is looking bad.

The animation looks nowhere near as good as LP1 and 2. It is like they did not have access to a motion capture studio this time around. Also, they've retained a dodge maneuver and grappling hook, but we'll have to see if it's as responsive as the previous games.

It seriously does look like a PS2 game; I have to echo the guy who said that earlier. Piss poor character designs as well; a step back from LP2, which was a step back from LP:EC. You gotta be a huge anime apologist to like the main character. Oh well, time to write it off.

I dunno but LP1 look pretty bland compared to this. This looks interesting and I haven't seen an Anime cell-shaded TPS game yet.

Cautiously optimistic. I have this dread thought that this is what Capcom set the Legends 3 team to work on, considering how bubbly the audiovisuals are, how similar the actual game mechanics look to what the Prototype was doing with its camera systems and circle-strafing, and the fact that it's in need of a better budget. Frankly: the visual style is way too inconsistent, mainly because all the work's gone into the character models and not anywhere-near-enough can be seen in the environments. Battles look uninteresting so far, too. But I do like the music, the premise could work with some development, and those designs remind me of Burning Rangers. That's good. The less said about the comic stuff, the better—not stylized enough for me, and I have a feeling that all of that onomatopeia could just get in the way of spotting enemies.

I guess the wildcard, though, is the mech combat, which needs to be seen first. Overall,

It seriously does look like a PS2 game; I have to echo the guy who said that earlier.

That's because it's a 3DS game, with 3DS as its lead platform, running in HD on PS3. If you want more than that because it's on an HD console, this isn't going to be the game for you.

And to echo some of the other comments here, I wouldn't be surprised if much of the MML3 staff moved on to this project after the cancellation.

If it's this or MML3, I'm glad it's this.
MML3 had so much more going for it than this, though, including the fact that it was being developed by the original team. This project just seems to me like a safe re-routing of the Legends 3 project assets, team members, and MT Framework engine to a more Japanese, more safe kind of premise. A beginner's third-person shooter, notKojima said? That sounds unpromising already, though I wouldn't be surprised if actually turns out to range from decent to great.

In the end, though, I'm not interested in Lost Planet, and the general premise here isn't that interesting standalone. I'd buy this game for good gaming and game design, which doesn't seem to be what the media's been focusing on.

Busaiku

That's because it's a 3DS game, with 3DS as its lead platform, running in HD on PS3. If you want more than that because it's on an HD console, this isn't going to be the game for you.

And to echo some of the other comments here, I wouldn't be surprised if much of the MML3 staff moved on to this project after the cancellation.

To be fair, the PS3 version could look good.

MML3 had so much more going for it than this, though, including the fact that it was being developed by the original team. This project just seems to me like a safe re-routing of the Legends 3 project assets, team members, and MT Framework engine to a more Japanese, more safe kind of premise. A beginner's third-person shooter, notKojima said? That sounds unpromising already, though I wouldn't be surprised if actually turns out to range from decent to great.

In the end, though, I'm not interested in Lost Planet, and the general premise here isn't that interesting standalone. I'd buy this game for good gaming and game design, which doesn't seem to be what the media's been focusing on.

v8brc.png
>
oW0Qp.jpg

I'm still bitter zipper girl won.

klee123

Personally I think those graphics in HD would be great. Similar to the PS2 remaster titles basically.

Here's hoping the game itself turns out to be good though. I hope we can also play as the other characters as well.

TheChits

Yeah aesthetically the game looks great. It is definitely on my radar now, along with many other 3DS games. Now I just need a 3DS :(

Huh, these kind of games are the reason why I still like Capcpom. :p

I like the music, aesthetics, and energetic looking gameplay, so I'll definitely be looking into this. In the meantime, I should consider trying Lost Planet...

I wouldn't have enjoyed Legends 3 if it turned out bad, and the same goes for the offspring of that project too. It's enough to do it at all—one has to do it with confidence and competence, too!

Best not to ruin memories and relations towards CaptainCommander, anyway.

Luigiv

It's obviously PS3 footage, I can't believe why anyone would think otherwise.

Most likely Dev Environment footage, rather than any particular platform, I would wager. Chances are the 3DS and PS3 versions will look identical, other than the resolution. This is very obviously a 3DS project first and foremost, and not a particularly high budget one at that, so it makes sense that the assets would not be enhanced for the PS3.

Top Bottom