• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom announces E.X. Troopers for 3DS/PS3 [Website and trailer online]

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
I thought it looked pretty nice and definitely on par with stuff such as Ni no kuni and Valkyria Chronicles. The gameplay looks promising as well. Im a sucker for anime, mecha especially and guns so Im interested in hearing more about this title at e3

I wouldn't mind as long as they put in the extra effort to give the PS3 version some improvements. Specifically by having the game run at 60fps. There's really no reason that it shouldn't be able to hit that framerate.
They won't. It'll be higher rez and that's about it. Like Bassra 3 Wii/PS3.

Luigiv

One interesting thing to not about the graphics is that the Cell Shading is done backwards. It's two tone but instead of being split Normal Lighting|Shadow, like most other two tone cell shaded games, it's being split Normal Lighting|Highlight. Or at least it is on the characters. The environments look normally lit. Quite an unusual approach, regardless.

The lighting seems overly-bright and badly-lit in the ship areas, where I got distracted by the highlights a bit too often for the video's own good. Hope they fix that too.

let it go, fem. if at least something comes from the mml3 project, it's a good thing.
Capcom isn't allowed to profit off of anything, let alone the corpse of MML3. >:|
v8brc.png
>
oW0Qp.jpg

I'm still bitter zipper girl won.
No no no, you got it wrong. The girl on the right is the better design. The girl on the left is just otaku wank material.

Not feeling it, man why can they invest some money in Mega Man, all this money and time invested in random games that at the end sell close to nothing....

Watching the trailer, maybe it could be a fun experience in 3DS but doesn't look like a game I would play on the big screen.

Just watched the trailer and I think it looks pretty adorable/cool honestly

Also, I still <3 Lost Planet with all my passion ....not even LP3/Legendary developers can take that away

Soul Beat

Well, color me intrigued.

Don't know why but this seems like a fun game to play on the go. So I'll probably go for the 3DS version.

Astery

it's obviously ps3 footage. No one with the right mind would make a promotion video using a worse presentation hardware.

And with Crapcom's history, this is nothing surprising. Sengoku Basara PS3/ Wii, Monster Hunter 3rd Portable HD just for an example.

also, anime Lost Planet. I don't know what to think about this. Loving the character design illustrations, but not digging the high school anime stuff and manga cell shading direction.

Nevermind the MML3 comments, I find it really funny that one of the dudes at 0:29 looks like one of the bright bats

For reference:

6516d070f848d12fdbf350b54706c478.png

5106816ba8ed6278bed0f3073ec2e6a7.png

*watches the trailer*

I really don't see why it was compared to Rival Schools.

If all it takes to be similar to Rival Schools is to have an anime art style and be in a school setting, then a ton of things are just like Rival Schools I guess. :/

*watches the trailer*

I really don't see why it was compared to Rival Schools.

If all it takes to be similar to Rival Schools is to have an anime art style and be in a school setting, then a ton of things are just like Rival Schools I guess. :/

It's barely there. I see some Project Justice but not much of it.

Guess I'll never get a true sequel to Lost Planet 1. This looks awful imo but then again I was never really into such heavy animu stuff.

Fredrik

It's really hard to miss.

On the whole there are some dead give aways to the Lost Planet connections, especially the monsters and the glowing bits.
I watched it again but I don't know, apart from the flying part it doesn't show much of the vital suits in action. Looks kind of cool anyway, but I'd liked it more with normal graphics.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Trademarks already registered
English names for characters

Bring it here, Capcom!

Top Bottom