• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Announces Street Fighter x Tekken Live Reality Show "Cross Assault"

sephi22

shaowebb

Team Street Fighter
  • Dr. Sub Zero
  • Sherry Jenix
  • Nerd Josh
  • Renic
  • TFA Hornet

My mind is boggled. I predicted Sherry would be added for girl factor and because she's pretty legit, Nerd Josh is a good choice, but no Justin Wong or Mike Ross? Odd since either would draw fans.

Tomorrow Team Tekken is announced. I'm hoping F-Champ gets in along with Fanatiq for the epic Nerd Josh vs Fanatiq shouting match history.

Team Street Fighter
  • Dr. Sub Zero
  • Sherry Jenix
  • Nerd Josh
  • Renic
  • TFA Hornet

My mind is boggled. I predicted Sherry would be added for girl factor and because she's pretty legit, Nerd Josh is a good choice, but no Justin Wong or Mike Ross? Odd since either would draw fans.

Tomorrow Team Tekken is announced. I'm hoping F-Champ gets in along with Fanatiq for the epic Nerd Josh vs Fanatiq shouting match history.

Everyone has been announced for both teams.

El Sloth

Banned
Looks like I missed some fun stuff today.

I can totally understand why Spooky was so against Josh getting on. I hope Spooky doesn't tear his hair out too much over the grunting of morons.

El Sloth

Banned
Maybe it's time to come up with a title for OT? Here are the ones I came up with before:

Cross Assault |OT| 27th Season of The Real World

Cross Assault |OT| Welcome to the Gemsey Shore

Cross Assault |OT| Rare Footage of Gamers Interacting Outside the Internet

A new one: Cross Assault |OT| We Have Gamer Gurl Nudez

Who's planning on making the OT anyways?

shaowebb

Everyone has been announced for both teams.

Sorry for missing that. Thread moved fast when I wasn't looking.

So the teams are.

Team Street Fighter
  • Dr. Sub Zero
  • Sherry Jenix
  • TS Nerd Josh
  • Renic
  • TFA Hornet
Team Tekken
  • Tasty Steve
  • Kor
  • Superyan
  • 200Yen
  • Bronson

Huh...well then I'm gonna say that Nerd Josh takes it looking at that list. I just see him as the most adaptive fundamental player. I think missing out on F-champ versus Justin and Fanatiq vs Nerd Josh was a mistake, but you got some entertaining players out there. Besides F-champ and Justin would likely body this tourney.

smurfx

get some go again
Sorry for missing that. Thread moved fast when I wasn't looking.

So the teams are.

Team Street Fighter
  • Dr. Sub Zero
  • Sherry Jenix
  • TS Nerd Josh
  • Renic
  • TFA Hornet
Team Tekken
  • Tasty Steve
  • Kor
  • Superyan
  • 200Yen
  • Bronson

Huh...well then I'm gonna say that Nerd Josh takes it looking at that list. I just see him as the most adaptive fundamental player. I think missing out on F-champ versus Justin and Fanatiq vs Nerd Josh was a mistake, but you got some entertaining players out there. Besides F-champ and Justin would likely body this tourney.
justin wong,fchamp and ricky are saying bronson takes this free. don't know who he is but they say he is very good.

The final list isn't what I was expecting but it is still good.

Shoutout to TFA Hornett for actually making it, best sakura i've ever played

I for one am very hyped over them picking mid-card players as opposed to the Justin Wongs of the scene. It was the reason I wanted to watch in the first place.

shaowebb

justin wong,fchamp and ricky are saying bronson takes this free. don't know who he is but they say he is very good.

Isn't he that Nina player from Tekken 5 whose played for over a decade at the series? He won a lot of times in that game.

n3ss

aka acr0nym

He's not only good at Tekken, but also Street Fighter... and yes, he'll win this thing for free.

Keystone 2 "2EZNOFUN"

Grecco

illuminati1_large.png

I find Brokentiers new Team Spooky shirt hilariously apropo for CA

shaowebb

Looked up Bronson and yeah he has the thickest pedigree of these players. Definitely NOT a mid-carder. Tons of history and wins to Tekken for this guy. Nationals, co founder of Tekken strong style tourney, been all around the world...he's legit and then some.

Still this game is different (though it reminds me a lot of Tekken Tag at times). I still want to root for TS Nerd Josh for his adaptability, but Bronson's characters are all in this game. Its gonna be rough for everyone against this guy.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Maybe it's time to come up with a title for OT? Here are the ones I came up with before:

Cross Assault |OT| 27th Season of The Real World

Cross Assault |OT| Welcome to the Gemsey Shore

Cross Assault |OT| Rare Footage of Gamers Interacting Outside the Internet

A new one: Cross Assault |OT| We Have Gamer Gurl Nudez

Who's planning on making the OT anyways?

I vote Gemsey Shore.

Thinking about it I think Hornett is the best player on the SF Side.

The tekken pro players are good but it is on a SF4 system, if they don't really know how to play SF4 then well.. fail.

d0c_zaius

pretty lame cast selection.

Hopefully Tran loses first so we don't have to here his arrogant crap for the whole season. But chances are they picked him and will keep him around for just that reason since reality TV needs an asshole.

Lol at the token female choices.

Thinking about it I think Hornett is the best player on the SF Side.

The tekken pro players are good but it is on a SF4 system, if they don't really know how to play SF4 then well.. fail.

Not really since its SFxT and not SSF4:AE. Playing it like SF4 will get you beat.

jbug617

Banned

Hopefully Tran loses first so we don't have to here his arrogant crap for the whole season. But chances are they picked him and will keep him around for just that reason since reality TV needs an asshole.

Those 2 females know how to play their games. It's only a 1 week thing.

d0c_zaius

Those 2 females know how to play their games. It's only a 1 week thing.

I realize they are both "known" players to a certain extent (but I've only heard of superyan playing Catherine), but even then I think limiting the females to just those two is a poor choice and it comes off as just to fill a checkbox. It's kinda sad that Sherry was a "given" from the start and the best female tekken player they could find doesn't even really play tekken that much. I guess its still better than just picking someone for being on another reality show.

I didn't know it was only for a week though, thanks! Kinda surprising some people are so butthurt if its only a week long thing.

Not really since its SFxT and not SSF4:AE. Playing it like SF4 will get you beat.

Can't please everyone, but playing it like sf4 will help a lot. New dynamics to learn for sure, but understanding how sf4 works will take you farther than you think.

d0c_zaius

Can't please everyone, but playing it like sf4 will help a lot. New dynamics to learn for sure, but understanding how sf4 works will take you farther than you think.

I've been playing the full roster build for a couple of months :) We have regular ranbats and playing it like SSF4 usually gets you owned. Which is why most of the scrubby matches are just magic series chain into launcher, whiff, rinse and repeat. Of course fundamentals carry over, but not as much as I think people expect.

With no focus attacks, different ultra execution, different speed, gemschen, no supers, etc, its hard to imagine playing it like SSF4 at all once people get used to not playing it like SF4 just because it shares animations and such.

Personally I think it depends wayyyy to much on magic series combos, and it gets boring real quick to watch the same chains over and over and over.

d0c_zaius

Its more like SF4 than T6 :p

haha quite true. It pretty much comes down to this when you look at the character select screen:

Pick SF side and pretend its SF4, or pick tekken side and just go ?!????????!?????

on a side note, if anyone is joining the CrossAssault show just to become a "reality personality"......please don't.

El Sloth

Banned
ehhhh at the cast. don't get the reasoning for not getting the more well-known players that applied.
If I had to hazard a guess: An attempt to expand the community by getting lesser known players who are just as good as the well known ones more exposure.

Or maybe they just have personalities suited for reality television.

First post on GAF. :)

Okay, so I came into the scene with SF4 and on top of that I'm a UK player, so why is it when I scan through SRK, comment threads etc do I see Dr Sub Zero being hyped up?

I just saw the video and got turned off by him, especially with the nude photo stuff... :\

I also don't see how NerdJosh was allowed to enter when he's already a member of Team Spooky who are affiliated with Iplaywinner. He should at least formally disaffiliate if he's going to be on the show.

If I had to hazard a guess: An attempt to expand the community by getting lesser known players who are just as good as the well known ones more exposure.
yeah, but anyone who's watched a teamsp00ky stream probably knows who nerd josh is. and i'm pretty sure more than half of the people predicted that sherry would make it.

jbug617

Banned

Okay, so I came into the scene with SF4 and on top of that I'm a UK player, so why is it when I scan through SRK, comment threads etc do I see Dr Sub Zero being hyped up?

I just saw the video and got turned off by him, especially with the nude photo stuff... :\

I also don't see how NerdJosh was allowed to enter when he's already a member of Team Spooky who are affiliated with Iplaywinner. He should at least formally disaffiliate if he's going to be on the show.

I guess Nerdjosh asked if he was eligible and he was and also Spooky or Haunts do not get to pick the teams it was Capcom. Capcom only took suggestions from Aris and Valle and then they had the final say.

sephi22

Before the fighting game revival in 09, Dr.Sub Zero was an important part of the Third Strike community.

Unfortunately, we cant beam fgc news to everyone's brains yet, sorry, but NerdJosh already said Spooky and IPW had nothing to do with his submission or pick multiple times. Spooky even contested against him even being considered due to this exact issue.

Fair enough, thanks for the information. I'll go read up on NerdJosh as I must have missed it being mentioned.

I hope that the series is good. It's a really innovative idea.

n3ss

aka acr0nym
Unfortunately, we cant beam fgc news to everyone's brains yet, sorry, but NerdJosh already said Spooky and IPW had nothing to do with his submission or pick multiple times. Spooky even contested against him even being considered due to this exact issue.

Uh... what?

Still, I see why people would be upset. Some companies that do giveaways have friends and family excluded --for obvious reasons.

Regardless, seeing Bronson on this will be hilarious, he will body them all.

What does that even mean?

Still, I see why people would be upset. Some companies that do giveaways have friends and family excluded --for obvious reasons.

Regardless, seeing Bronson on this will be hilarious, he will body them all.

I think it means that NerdJosh made it really clear that he's not with Team Spooky now due to Cross Assault, and Spooky wasn't a fan of him applying due to the problem I had with the image of a Team Spooky member getting onto a show (with a large cash prize) run by people who affiliate with Team Spooky. And the beaming into people's heads was because I was behind on the news about NerdJosh, I guess.

I'm interested in seeing the entire show to be honest, as pretty much the entire cast was unknown to me prior to the announcement (other than Shery Genix and NerdJosh) and apparently most of them are pretty legit. Although it's arguable if it would have been a better - that is, more watchable - show if they'd stuffed it full of the big SF4 personalities (Mike Ross, any of the FGTV guys, Juicebox Abel, etc). But I guess it's like pro wrestling - you have to give your lesser known talent a dedicated push sometimes.

It's also really amusing to me that a guy who entered as Dr Sub Zero - although apparently he's also called Rockerfeller if I'm understanding it right - is representing the Capcom side.

n3ss

aka acr0nym
I'm interested in seeing the entire show to be honest, as pretty much the entire cast was unknown to me prior to the announcement (other than Shery Genix and NerdJosh) and apparently most of them are pretty legit. Although it's arguable if it would have been a better show if they'd stuffed it full of the big SF4 personalities (Mike Ross, any of the FGTV guys, Juicebox Abel, etc).

It's also really amusing to me that a guy who entered as Dr Sub Zero - although apparently he's also called Rockerfeller if I'm understanding it right - is representing the Capcom side.

I think you missed the post that gave a breakdown of all the players. The only ones l'm sad to see not make it is Justin and Ricky --they've been part of the community for years.

wrong one

Top Bottom