• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom has just registered 'Dragon's Dogma Online' trademark in Europe [and Japan]

Shengar

I don't trust these filings, in isolation. I feel like more often than not, it's a hoax.

I pray to thee, that this is the truth

.....Nah. Not at all. The Pawn system (and the desaturated color look) were why I wasn't interested in the first one to begin with. Need actual characters.

It's a RPG, the extensive customization for the pawn pretty much allows you to roleplay as anything
Unless you don't like using imagination, then it can't be helped.

halfbeast

Banned
michael-phelps-mom-goes-super-saiyan_1344620586.jpg

I... eh, I don't know if I should go super saiyan hype or not. :(

Dascu

Don't trust European trademarks. There was one for Fallout 4 three times already.

You know, a trademark filing can be done in advance of the actual product and can also be done to be "safe", so no competitor would register it before you do.

I can't wait for this epic F2P mobile card game, featuring all of the most memorable characters from the original Dragon's Dogma: the blacksmith, the hometown innkeeper, the Hobgoblin chief that jumps out a window...

But seriously, hope it turns out to be something good. DD is one of my favorite games.

Airan

Dissapointing if Deep Down rebranding. I hope they at least bring back the spectacular spells of Dogma, because the melee combat so far looks like utter shite.

Riptwo

...imagine a world where the most difficult challenge in DD *isn't* crossing a narrow bridge with your party remaining intact.

Shengar

Nop. Dragon Dogma was a "What if Elders Scroll had good/action oriented combat?"

And with better customization and roleplaying aspect.

Just ask other players to turn on voice chat and keep saying the same shit over and over and you won't know the difference

I GRANT YOU FIRE'S BLAZE

The chat bit generic, but honestly I like them. Their repetitive lines of dialog fits their nature of origins.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
THE WAVE IS PUSHING ME INTO THE CURRENT AGAIN.

But what if this is a cruel trick, a Deep Down rebrand, some even crueller twist of the knife? Its simple. It's written in the sand.

WE KILL OURSELVES IN THE END.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
The only thing I ever wanted from Dragon's Dogma was for it to be online. Hooray! Finally, I'm not playing the game by myself!

If it sucks, oh well. But hey, it could be awesome!

Quentyn

You know, a trademark filing can be done in advance of the actual product and can also be done to be "safe", so no competitor would register it before you do.

I know. The problem with European trademarks is, as far as I know, that they don't check anything before they appear online. You just have to fill out a form. You don't even have to pay anything.

Meicyn

Gold Member
Loved DD so much that I got all achievements on 360 and platinumed on PS3. So hyped, please let this be a real thing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Look on the bright side, the game will be f2p so there's no big investment.

And with better customization and roleplaying aspect.

Yep. Getting armor to make your pawn more powerful was awesome. BitterBlack Isle was the perfect location for this.

The chat bit generic, but honestly I like them. Their repetitive lines of dialog fits their nature of origins.

I also agree with this. They're pawns after all, so they aren't real people. However, giving them more lines wouldn't hurt.

ironcreed

Banned
I am cool with it being a full priced game that you can play with people instead of pawns. What I don't want to see is one of my favorite new IPs from last-gen turned into some free to play shell of a game that tries to sell me everything in pieces or make me grind my ass off like it's a full time job.

Some Nobody

I pray to thee, that this is the truth

It's a RPG, the extensive customization for the pawn pretty much allows you to roleplay as anything
Unless you don't like using imagination, then it can't be helped.

It's not really what I pick up a video game controller for, I'll admit that.

Top Bottom