• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom has just registered 'Dragon's Dogma Online' trademark in Europe [and Japan]

I really don't see an MMO where people are grabbing on giant flying monsters having DMC levels of combat and crazy powerful looking spells... I mean, at least not without some really heavy lag.

Oh well... I'll wait before complaining, show us more than a trademark.

Tizoc

Man ya'all gonna buy it anyways. If Capcpom looked at FF14 and took notes from it, what's to say DD Online wouldn't be a decent fun MMO?

Arklite

Without the Pawn system, Dragon's Dogma lost 50% of its charm :/

Not sure I'd say 50%, but it'd be a big loss for sure. I didn't think I'd care too much about them until I started kitting one out and then hiring other players' crazy powerful pawns. The entire rift system was a great twist for DD, it'd be a shame to lose it.

Gbraga

Man ya'all gonna buy it anyways. If Capcpom looked at FF14 and took notes from it, what's to say DD Online wouldn't be a decent fun MMO?

It could very well be a decent fun MMO, but I doubt it would have the first game's combat. I can't see that working on an MMO.

If it's online, it better have the same combat. The last game was dieng for some co-op options though. Please don't fuck this up Capcom!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Can Capcom afford the crazy amount of money and work it took them to make FF14 have two launches, one of them being absolutely miserable? I dunno...nobody wants to take THAT risk.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

IKizzLE

DD?
Deep Down?
Dragon's Dogma?

Hmmmmm....
If Dragon's Dogma 2 is real, are Capcom really gonna release both Deep Down and Dragons Dogma in the same year?

Hmmmmm...

I want to play Dragons dogma for its single player campaign. If this is a MMO spin off, I'm out. I don't bother with MMo's nowadays. I've always been a single payer RPG man and I'm pretty sure that is who the original DD audience is as well.

giphy.gif

please be real (and not Deep Down rebrand).

I don't think so. you could turn off the text-spam but they'd still talk.
You could sit them at the table and get them to minimize how much they talked, my partner was pretty quiet.

Shredderi

Online? Please for the love of god don't be a fucking MMO. Not dragon's dogma. MMO is the one genre I universally don't enjoy. Please just be a regular current-gen Dragon's Dogma. Please.

Kyoufu

er what's with the negative reaction? I thought most people complained about the lack of online in Dragon Dogma ?

That was before they played the game. Anyone who played it stopped complaining about the lack of co-op. It was a single player experience just like other open world RPGs.

brau

Don't care for online mmo exp... its too bad really.

DD was great because of the tight arcade combat and epic battles. I wonder if they can carry that on in an "online" experience.

sadness...

zlatko

Banned
I'm all over this if it's true.

Capcom is making some big strides today.

Throw in a Megaman game and they can undo a lot of bad PR from the last gen.

There was an option to set your pawn to "reticent" speech pattern to make them talk less. But this would only affect your pawn and not the others you'd hire.

Yes, you sit them down at a table and they ask if you want them to talk more or less and in what situations.
Yeah this is what I was thinking about. So I suppose having an option to just be silent would be beneficial for some. Not to me, I needed their voice while I ventured into the darkness of the night as a reminder that I'm not alone.

er what's with the negative reaction? I thought most people complained about the lack of online in Dragon Dogma ?

Well, the title could mean anything from a F2P mobile trading car game to a enhanced port of Dragon's Dogma for current gen consoles. That is a lot of room for something to go wrong. Have to wait an see!

Man, they've sure been keeping quiet about Deep Down for a few months now.

It's almost like they're trying to lower brand awareness for some reason.

ironcreed

Banned

In a perfect world we would be given a choice to go single player or play online. But, alas, the world is not perfect and we will probably end up with a straight MMO. Likely some free to play shell riddled with microtransactions.

Top Bottom