• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom has just registered 'Dragon's Dogma Online' trademark in Europe [and Japan]

This seems like the obvious answer.

Deep Down has sounded a bit like Bitterback Isle from what I have read about it.

I'd prefer a sequel to vanilla DD to be honest.

While I also want them to expand on the orginal story, BitterBlack Isle also had an interesting one. Why not include BitterBlack Isle in the sequel? It was insanely fun.

Dahbomb

I am fine with F2P if it's done well (like DOTA 2).

If it's iOS F2P game then this game might as well not exist for me.

ilium

All those MMO over-reactions lmao!
No way it's going to be a MMO, calm down guys. Seriously.

It will be a simple co-op system. Which is awesome!

IF it's not a hoax.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
yrOiz.gif

Man, they've sure been keeping quiet about Deep Down for a few months now.

It's almost like they're trying to lower brand awareness for some reason.
When have they NOT been quiet about Deep Down? lol

Highly doubt this is a rebrand, Deep Down doesn't even seem similar to Dragon's Dogma. Are you guys forgetting the fact that Deep Down has a HUGE sci-fi element to it?

Oh my god, no.

NOOOOOO!

Not like this, all I wanted was a proper sequel or remaster of Dark Arisen on PS4/X1, not some online BS.

Don't do this to me, Capcom. Please.

ys45

If well done this could be great .
I just hope it's not another version of the original with Multiplayer strapped on it .

But it's Capcom so keep expectations at minimum guys

Oh my god, no.

NOOOOOO!

Not like this, all I wanted was a proper sequel or remaster of Dark Arisen on PS4/X1, not some online BS.

Why would this not be a proper sequel? Online doesn't necessarily mean MMO, and online play was clearly the next step for the game.

not like the game had an amazing storyline or anything either lol, the best thing about it was the adventure through it all.

Seanspeed

Banned
A free to play, online only, indoor procedurally generated dungeon crawler will be called Dragon's Dogma?

That will be a laugh.

Marc

Nooooooooooo! NO!

You're breaking my heart!

This gen sucks arse, online rammed up the wazoo. This is bound to be true and online only, it's the apparent model to success now because some rich sloth pays £10K for boots with a Cuban heel for their character. Except he only does it for certain games, so the majority fail yet no one in charge sees that.

Tread softly Capcom because you tread on my dreams.

While I also want them to expand on the orginal story, BitterBlack Isle also had an interesting one. Why not include BitterBlack Isle in the sequel? It was insanely fun.

I worded that badly. I meant a sequel without departing from the DD formula.

I enjoyed Bitterback Isle too, once I'd stopped dying.

IvorB

I've never been on such an emotional roller coaster in one thread title before. More Dragon's Dogma \o/... online. :-(

Oh god..... no....

First Bore Fighter V and now Blahblah Online....
Capcom being Capcom.

What's next? Dino Crisis Online?
Devil May Cry F2P MMO?

Fuck this shit!

Reule

I have a bad feeling about this. I certainly hope the non-stop echo of co-op doesn't take away the Pawn System at all but rather find a way to compliment it. I was totally fine with my Pawn and hiring my friends pawns.

Pop

Oh my god, no.

NOOOOOO!

Could just mean co-op or online matchmaking.

Buy yesssss give me DD2 with co-op

Top Bottom