• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom reveals new Mega Man X, cancels joke, makes a figure, KS funded (Summer 2015)

Disgusting, I really don't understand why they keep doing this, kill the franchise, do whatever you want but stop messing with the fans.

7327e1c39170bd0f50b08697b6f0241620120112153249.jpg

Mlatador

Banned
People, don't get upset over this. Mega Man is dead, yes, but who cares? The original Creator Inafune is continuing the series with another character that's gonna be as much "Mega Man" as it gets, with not only complete creative freedom but also the rights to his creation.

If all goes well, we'll have a Might No. 9 X or Might No. X in a few years.

Mega Man's soul lives on in Beck.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Damn, it's an actual April Fools prank and not even a real kit - hahahaha!

I love Capcom for this, they really know how to keep it consistent with kicking their Mega Man fans while they're down!

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Why would they do this. I don't even understand.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
This doesn't even hurt me anymore. Capcom has been messing with us so much that I just stopped caring.

Yeah, I'm actually pretty happy with the fact Mega Man being in SSB4, Archie Comics doing right by the character, and the last proper game being pretty good in MM10. It could be worse, where they are churning out "western focused" Mega Man fps games with that hideous realistic design.

I'm just shocked at how far Capcom will go to try to piss of their Mega Man fans. What did Mega Man fans do to make Capcom want to do things like this? Just the idea that a company would be willfully angering people that just want to buy things from them is so foreign and weird to me.

I guess they must either really hate Inafune, or are just really tone deaf about how this sort of thing would come across.

As much as I like the first 3 X games(well, mostly the first one), I don't know if I'd want a new one. Those last couple were really bad.

Designed by Mizuno Keisuke (artist for Mega Man Powered Up and Maverick Hunter X) this new model is the first product to release under Capcom's new "C.C.C" label (Capcom Creators Collection).
The C.C.C brand allows Capcom designers and artists to freely re-imagine new designs of existing characters into figures and model kits.

The official product details from Rockman Unity are something to see, too:

Size: 4/1 scale
Material: Titanium-X
Price: 4.1 million Zenny
APIF model number: SHVC19931217RX
Release date: April 1st, 21XX
NOTE: Special modeling kit nippers needed to penetrate Titanium-X. Basic welding and electrical skills are required.

Such obvious trolling on Capcom's part. It's a clear attempt at making mega man fans salty, as they give zero shits about mega man fans. I ain't even mad, step up capcom.

Mask

I'm shaking my fist at you, Capcom! I'm shaking it as hard as I can!

Wait until this Christmas. I hear Capcom will send everyone a Card and Present.

There is nothing but a picture of Megaman's corpse being desecrated in the card, and a spring-loaded boxing glove in the present. As you stand there, disappointed and slightly injured, Capcom employees rappel down the chimney and steal all your presents.

Madness

This would just be cruel. Capcom is so stupid, and I cannot wait for Mighty No.9 just to show them fans of the blue bomber are still around.

Wow... I'm not even that much of a MegaMan X fan
(I'm a huge BattleNetwork fan and by the time I wanted to get into the X and Zero series' there were already so many entries that I got overwhelmed :( )
and I think that's way too cruel for a April fools joke :/ It doesn't help that the design is quite awesome to boot D: Should Inafune ever make a Mighty X like game he should do a free Mighty X mini-game that features that exact design just to troll Capcom in return :p

Top Bottom